V13 - Bug quest - Invisible issue - the day that deathwing came, What really happened

jolting

Gold Supporter
[Name, Type] the day that deathwing came, What really happened., quest badlands

[What it does] Flash back starts and player is turned into a dwarf. The player got stuck and did a hearthstone and arrived at the inn. Player was still a Dwarf and not a blood elf. They logged out and back in and now the character no longer appears, but the name still shows. The player can move around, but that is all. I tried to teleport him to me and he is still invisible. Restarted the server, kicked him, killed him and rezzed him. Killed him again and had him go to the graveyard. When doing that his body appeared on the ground and his character was like normal. I had him walk back to his body and still same issue. I also had him rez at the graveyard and still same issue. I was able to have him join the party and I was able to cure him. I had him drop the quest and did all of the tests and still same issue.

I will say, I do not care if the quest gets fixed, but I would like to know how to get his toon to reappear back to normal.

jolting

Gold Supporter
Being that I am curious. I did more troubleshooting on the issue. I went and got the quest again on the character and poof, I could see I was a dwarf. I clicked on the exit vehicle icon and this changed me back. This is still a bug, but a work around has been found.

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
agreed. same issue on my V13 VIP 4.3.4 Cataclysm.

player on my server had same issue where he was turned into a dwarf and could not get out of it, no matter what.
Applied the same workaround, I have been told.

ExO

Admin
For v14, I've temporarily set the quest to auto-complete, to avoid the stuck and invisible issue, until the quest is properly fixed.

OzHawkeye

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
V15 and have this issue also - character is now invisible. :-(

Trying to fix it.

OzHawkeye

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Being that I am curious. I did more troubleshooting on the issue. I went and got the quest again on the character and poof, I could see I was a dwarf. I clicked on the exit vehicle icon and this changed me back. This is still a bug, but a work around has been found.

This worked.

BUT - we had to reset it all the way back to the prequest first though.

So:

1/ Remove the "The Day That Deathwing Came" from the character - .qu rem 27713 (note, it's EXACTLY this quest name, not any of the similarly named follow-on quests that cause any issues)
2/ Remove the prequel quest from the character - it's called "Down to the Scar" and comes from Victoria Dolen at the nearest base (Alliance side anyway). - .qu rem 27927
3/ Re-add the prequel quest "Down to the scar" - .qu ad 27927
4/ Speak to Theldurin the Lost. Once you have, do not attempt to complete the quest, but issue the /exitvehicle command once he turns you into a dwarf. Using this command will return you to your normal character state.
5/ Abandon the quest. Do not, repeat, do not complete it.

Note: I'm assuming my quests numbers will be the same as everyone else's, but if not, you can use the quest names to do a quest lookup for them (.qu lo the day that deathwing came - for example).

Last edited: