Scale Items by Percentage

neccta

Veteran Member
This query is very helpful when you want to take premade items made by Blizzard but keep the scaling and balance between the items.
It will reduce an items stats, damage, and armor by percentage. You can change the percentage by a simple search and replace(*-.70).
To use it just set the itemlevel and away you go!
(This was to big to fit on the forums had to put in on pastebin).
http://pastebin.com/PKTXfxh9

cliffsmits

Senior User
Superior Member
This query is very helpful when you want to take premade items made by Blizzard but keep the scaling and balance between the items.
It will reduce an items stats, damage, and armor by percentage. You can change the percentage by a simple search and replace(*-.70).
To use it just set the itemlevel and away you go!
(This was to big to fit on the forums had to put in on pastebin).
http://pastebin.com/PKTXfxh9

thankyou allot !

Paland

Trial Member
Well, you could make it a little more simple:

SET @itemlevel = itemlevel
UPDATE `item_template` SET stat_value1 = (stat_value1 * 1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE `item_template` SET stat_value2 = (stat_value2 * 1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE `item_template` SET stat_value3 = (stat_value3 * 1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE `item_template` SET stat_value4 = (stat_value4 * 1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE `item_template` SET stat_value5 = (stat_value5 * 1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE `item_template` SET stat_value6 = (stat_value6 * 1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE `item_template` SET stat_value7 = (stat_value7 * 1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE `item_template` SET stat_value8 = (stat_value8 * 1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE `item_template` SET stat_value9 = (stat_value9 * 1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE `item_template` SET stat_value10 = (stat_value10 * 1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE item_template SET armor = (armor *1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE item_template SET dmg_min1 = (dmg_min1 * 1.10) WHERE class = 2 AND itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE item_template SET dmg_max1 = (dmg_max1 * 1.10) WHERE class = 2 AND itemlevel = @itemlevel;

You can simply use the percentage you want to use in your query. This would increase all stats, damage and armor by 10%.
Regards,
Paland

Lyran

Trial Member
First, thanks!!

Second, could anyone tell me How to use/insert this?

My first time working on private servers and stuff..

Marko

Verified Member
this is a little confusing to me, why should the sql query target item level if we want to update all item stats, not just those with certain level? i tried removing itemlevel part of the script but it failed.
I know i saw somewhere on the net how to update all item stats, but this script also edits dmg and armor so is more useful. Would be nice to get any more info :)

gelbes

Veteran Member
Verified Member
UPDATE item_template SET armor = (armor *1.10) WHERE itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE item_template SET dmg_min1 = (dmg_min1 * 1.10) WHERE class = 2 AND itemlevel = @itemlevel,
UPDATE item_template SET dmg_max1 = (dmg_max1 * 1.10) WHERE class = 2 AND itemlevel = @itemlevel;

These three lines won't work, because there are no armor, dmg_min1 and dmg_max1 columns