Thanks very much for this guide man!Since the pictures are broken, I figured I would throw in how I got this to work for me.
I'm a total newbie to MySQL and HeidiSQL, but I figured this out through some trial and error.
I'm upgrading from VIP 12 to VIP 13.1 in this tutorial. I'm using HeidiSQL version 184.108.40.20613
Back up your old server before attempting! Better safe than sorry!
1) Run the MySQL batch file that you have your characters on. This is the old server that you want to move your characters away from.
2) Run HeidiSQL and log in accordingly.
3) Right click on the emucoach_v12_vip_auth and select 'Export database as SQL' (your db might have a number different from v12 here if you've been running a different server release)
4) In this new window:
•Check only the 'auth' database on the left.
•On the right, check 'Create' for both Databases and Tables.
•In the 'Data' dropdown, select 'Insert'
•In the 'Output' dropdown, select Single .sql file
•Select a destination and file name in the 'Filename' line.
-What you name it shouldn't matter very much here. I kept the original name in mine.
•Finally, click export, and let it process.
5) The export window should remain open. From here you can uncheck the '...vip_auth' database and select the '...vip_char'. Change the Filename accordingly as well so as not to overwrite the auth database. Click Export once more.
We're done exporting. Now we need to put these into the version 13.1 server. Close HeidiSQL as well as your MySQL.bat files.
6) Run the MySQL file for the new server and login with HeidiSQL. Here, you can right click on your v131_auth database and select 'Drop'. Do the same for the v131_char database Click 'OK' when prompted. This will remove them.
7) go to 'File > Load SQL file'
8) Navigate to wherever you exported your vip_auth and vip_char databases in steps 3-5. Select the vip_auth and vip_char and click Open. If prompted with 'Really auto-detect file encoding?', select 'Yes'
9) This will open 2 new tabs over the main window. Click on the first tab (auth or char), and click the blue arrow (Circled in Red - "Execute SQL" or F9); then select the second tab and execute. (I don't know for certain that you need to execute on both tabs individually, but I believe you do)
10) After executing the SQL scripts, you should see your imported files listed on the left. Right click your imported file, and select Edit. Rename your auth and char databases to match your current version. In this case, emucoach_v131_vip_auth and emucoach_v131_vip_char, respectively.
You should be left with this.
I hope this helps! If there is anybody that knows what they're doing that can help me make this more accurate, please let me know.