[Loot] Loot on Timeless Isle

velik500

Trial Member
The loot in the Timeless Isle is pretty messed up. Tons of leather, some mail and 0 plate and cloth for me. Also 0 trinkets,backs,necks,rings. The loot table should be fixed because it makes almost any charracter impossible to gear up. I am talking about the timeless items. The ones that grant you 496ilvl items and you can upgrade with Burdens

danburp

Verified Member
The loot in the Timeless Isle is pretty messed up. Tons of leather, some mail and 0 plate and cloth for me. Also 0 trinkets,backs,necks,rings. The loot table should be fixed because it makes almost any charracter impossible to gear up. I am talking about the timeless items. The ones that grant you 496ilvl items and you can upgrade with Burdens
I'll have to check that out too I didn't notice yet, I'll check back if I have the same problem.

danburp

Verified Member
Yeah I noticed those items are missing and I even cranked up drop rates just to be sure and they are not dropping.

danburp

Verified Member
Look for these chest around the island that's how I'm able to get some.
Untitled.jpg

velik500

Trial Member
Found a trinket. But still no cloth? Did you check it? Opened a lot of chests. Again mostly Leather and some mail

bdhgm123

Veteran Member
I loot only leather too, i dropped only one mail chest and no other mail stuff. No plate, no cloth, no trinket.
The koukourou chest loot only timeless coin and the monkey pet, i opened like 15 box and no gear

bdhgm123

Veteran Member
Well actually the leather drop like 95% and mail 5%, we don't see any cloth and plate.
So maybe ur GM using a different version than us but we are actually stucking by getting a lot of leather, this is useless especially when you play pal or mage :
leather timeless - Copie.PNG

And this is only on 1 character !!!

Last edited:

velik500

Trial Member
I have the same problem. I can picture my inventory as well. The same thing. Atleast you got a back! Every single time it is leather or mail. Nothing else. Sad

bdhgm123

Veteran Member
After some investigations in loot table, all loot seems to be present. That's why GM's can say there is no problem with loot located on timeless. But, the issue seem located directly in game and almost certain with a script which allow some loot to some class. I noticed after getting .gm on and spamming opening, the timeless chest was able to loot ONLY plate, mail or cloth depending on my class. But this doesn't work with mobs loot who are giving principally mail and leather. Once again, I'm not 100% sure about that, I talk about my search and experiences, but, it seems dev tried to make like a bad luck protection against class that aren't getting enough gear.
How can I assume to say there is a script with that ? Well, even by changing some parameters in loot table, the same leather loot was spamming. Sure this system is great, but actually it bugs by giving player a lot of leather and mail stuff. Ring, cloak, trinket loot with a low percentage, based on IG experiences with multi characters.
Anymore, I want to say there were no class loot priority on timeless isle on retail, all class were able to loot plate, leather and mail. This was the blizzard directive for gear up faster alts characters.
For resume, if you play a plate or cloth class, you actually can't gear up on timeless like leather and mail class except if you use .gm on and spam big timeless chest or buy some class gear box with 7500 timeless coin.
Hope this will permit to localize the bug faster and found a solution.

I tried to generate a homemade sql solution waiting the next version :
How to use : Copy-paste it to your sql editor in reference_loot_template table
As this contain duplicate lines, (sorry, missed removing them) maybe you'll get some safe error by executing sql but no stress this is safe.

What happens by using this sql ? : First, all loot table of timeless is correct in DB, so is not server issue. Then, the timeless stuff gear come from multi entries and i noticed all leather loot we drop came from entry 102322. It seems the others entry correctly contains plate and cloth items but these one don't drop (idk why, all seem fine in DB). So, i've just replicated the items entries (plate, cloth and mail) from other entries to 102322 entry. So it's just add some loot to the principal working loot entry on timeless. No more.

For me, it worked, let me know if this worked for you. (you'll maybe need to defeat some rare before you can see the result).

Beware : I'm not a dev, this is a homemade solution and If you don't have issue with loot on timeless don't use this.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExO

sinsdor

Verified Member
Just checking the forum because i have a similar problem, just did more than 200 loots, not a single plate, not even once.

Leather appear the most, then mail almost as much, then cloth a bit less. i'd say 40/30/20/10% (leather > mail > cloth> others like ring, back and trinket *maybe plate*). don't know what the hell is going on with the table script on this area.

So there are indeed no way to get a plate gear here. shame, going to have to farm somewhere else.