General grammar & gossip fixes in Kezan

Tankinstein

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Code:
-- Quest dialogue fixes
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='Couldn\'t you have just used a crowbar?' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=8;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='$N? I heard you were dead.' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=7;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='What were those Alliance ships doing firing at us?! Did I see a Horde ship, too?' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=4;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='$n!, it\'s you! Thanks, $g man:sweetie!' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=5;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='$n! Please tell me that monster, the Trade Prince, didn\'t survive?!' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=1;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='Blowing open my escape pod. I like your style, $n!' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=3;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='What, are you crazy?! Trying to blow me to smithereens like that!' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=0;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='<Jack grunts something about the hammer being his weapon... you think.>' WHERE  `entry`=34877 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=0;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='Darn, you got me!' WHERE  `entry`=34835 AND `groupid`=1 AND `id`=0;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='I was just comin\' to see you, honest!' WHERE  `entry`=34835 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=0;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='Oh no you didn\'t!' WHERE  `entry`=34876 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=0;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='What? Fine, fine... I\'ll pay my protection moolah to your goons!' WHERE  `entry`=34876 AND `groupid`=1 AND `id`=0;

-- Gossip menu fixes
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `gossip_menu_id`='36379' WHERE  `entry`=36379; -- This gossip menu ID is inaccurate
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `gossip_menu_id`='48496' WHERE  `entry`=48496; -- This gossip menu ID is also incorrect.
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `gossip_menu_id`='10681' WHERE  `entry`=34696; 

-- NPC flag fixes
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `npcflag`='128' WHERE `entry`=37761; -- These two NPCs should only be vendors, not have gossip or any other flags.
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `npcflag`='128' WHERE `entry`=37762;

-- Insertion into gossip menu (Entries will be fixed later)
DELETE FROM `gossip_menu` WHERE `entry`=36379 AND `text_id`=17539;
INSERT INTO `gossip_menu` (`entry`, `text_id`) VALUES (36379, 17539);

DELETE FROM `gossip_menu` WHERE `entry`=48494 AND `text_id`=17538;
INSERT INTO `gossip_menu` (`entry`, `text_id`) VALUES (48494, 17538)

more coming soon

Last edited:

eyerobot

Gold Supporter
Superior Member
Good work. I had no idea that text was so screwed up.
I did some reformatting of your queries because they wouldn't run.
Two things to note, The `emucoach_world_v8_vip`. should always be removed from your queries to enable users of different versions of the repack to run it as well.
And all insert statements should be preceded by a delete statement. This is what kept it from running on my database. In Heidsql if you right click and export certain data, You can set it to do delete + insert queries, So you don't have to manually edit it. If you don't have this option then your heidisql is out of date.

Code:
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='Couldn\'t you have just used a crowbar?' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=8;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='$N? I heard you were dead.' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=7;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='What were those Alliance ships doing firing at us?! Did I see a Horde ship, too?' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=4;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='$n!, it\'s you! Thanks, $g man:sweetie!' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=5;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='$n! Please tell me that monster, the Trade Prince, didn\'t survive?!' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=1;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='Blowing open my escape pod. I like your style, $n!' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=3;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='What, are you crazy?! Trying to blow me to smithereens like that!' WHERE  `entry`=34748 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=0;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='<Jack grunts something about the hammer being his weapon... you think.>' WHERE  `entry`=34877 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=0;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='Darn, you got me!' WHERE  `entry`=34835 AND `groupid`=1 AND `id`=0;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='I was just comin\' to see you, honest!' WHERE  `entry`=34835 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=0;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='Oh no you didn\'t!' WHERE  `entry`=34876 AND `groupid`=0 AND `id`=0;
UPDATE `creature_text` SET `text`='What? Fine, fine... I\'ll pay my protection moolah to your goons!' WHERE  `entry`=34876 AND `groupid`=1 AND `id`=0;

UPDATE `creature_template` SET `gossip_menu_id`='36379' WHERE  `entry`=36379;
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `gossip_menu_id`='48496' WHERE  `entry`=48496;

INSERT INTO `gossip_menu` (`entry`, `text_id`) VALUES (48494, 17538);

Tankinstein

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Good work. I had no idea that text was so screwed up.
I did some reformatting of your queries because they wouldn't run.
Two things to note, The `emucoach_world_v8_vip`. should always be removed from your queries to enable users of different versions of the repack to run it as well.
And all insert statements should be preceded by a delete statement. This is what kept it from running on my database. In Heidsql if you right click and export certain data, You can set it to do delete + insert queries, So you don't have to manually edit it. If you don't have this option then your heidisql is out of date.

Code:

UPDATE `creature_template` SET `gossip_menu_id`='36379' WHERE  `entry`=36379;
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `gossip_menu_id`='48496' WHERE  `entry`=48496;

INSERT INTO `gossip_menu` (`entry`, `text_id`) VALUES (48494, 17538);

good advice. and yeah, the dialogue is terrible. English isn't my first language but even I realized it :D