EmuCoach 4.3.4 Repack - Fake Player System (DYNAMIC!) - How to SETUP

rossage

Verified Member
also, are they still in development with npcbots and playerbots and also random bots roaming areas?

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
The playerbots cannot react on duel, well, it can accept the duel, but that's it, doesn't fight back etc.

camus

Gold Supporter
I hope you can give a detailed set of how more than 10 robots should manually set the database and whether the server needs to be reset when it is restarted? Will robots automatically join random battlefield queues? The robot's performance in random copy, whether you need no command to complete the copy with the player and thank you for your patient answer!

Bonaccorso

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Guys, could you please tell how to add more than 10 bots?
UPD: Also, question - how will I know account id?

Last edited:

Bonaccorso

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I tried with fake players - they seen to be not that active, roaming here and there a bit, answering and so on. Maybe they can be done to be more industrious? Even randomly - I mean running here and there across locations, fihting mosnters which they meet and so on. I don't talk about any decision making for them, jsut more actively doing random stuff.
Because so far I teleported three to location where I was - logging camp nor far from human starting location, and they just roam here and there by it.

Zul the Akbar

Verified Member
Yep, I have used NPCBots for dungeons a lot in the past days, and played around with them. NPCBots have their problems too - they burn mana like crazy and refill it very slow, someties they freak out and run through the dungeon, pulling everything, and more - but they are so easy to use. I created some macros for all sorts of purposes: Summon a party of bots, make first of them main tank, wait here, follow me, remove all...

It is still a challenge to finish dungeons with them, but it is doable and fun, at least for me.

Can you share these macros?

sephiro

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
@ExO
Don't they attack monsters?
What is the maximum distance they walk on a map?
If they die for a monster, do they resurrect?
How can I place more than 10 bots?

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
@ExO
Don't they attack monsters?
What is the maximum distance they walk on a map?
If they die for a monster, do they resurrect?
How can I place more than 10 bots?
The npcbots will attack the same target is you.
Not sure about the distance, but there're commands to set it as you like.
They resurrect whenever you leave Combat.

You can change the bot amount in the worldserver.conf file.

sephiro

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
The npcbots will attack the same target is you.
Not sure about the distance, but there're commands to set it as you like.
They resurrect whenever you leave Combat.

You can change the bot amount in the worldserver.conf file.
The topic is about Fake Player System. Bots is another system. But thanks for trying to help. ;)

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
The topic is about Fake Player System. Bots is another system. But thanks for trying to help. ;)
Oh Okay.
The fake player system is worth absolutly nothing in its current stage.
You have to make the characters, and then after a while, they'll spawn within the world wandering around doing nothing.

Last edited:
Is there a way to tell the server I want >x< amount of bots (let's say 4,000) between >min set level< and >max set level< and it automatically makes the accounts, makes the bots, gears them, and has them running around Azeroth questing and killing? If not, why was the switch from the older player bot systems (like we see on wrath repacks) made when most of those do function in this way? Does Cata function that differently compared to Classic->Wrath or is it more to do with programming the bots to be "familiar" with the updated maps n stuff?

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Is there a way to tell the server I want >x< amount of bots (let's say 4,000) between >min set level< and >max set level< and it automatically makes the accounts, makes the bots, gears them, and has them running around Azeroth questing and killing? If not, why was the switch from the older player bot systems (like we see on wrath repacks) made when most of those do function in this way? Does Cata function that differently compared to Classic->Wrath or is it more to do with programming the bots to be "familiar" with the updated maps n stuff?

I'm not big into WoW development, but I believe scripts that work on 1 expansion don't usually work on other expansions due to different structures. Something like fake players is a little more complex and requires a lot of work for them to look remotely believable.
Also in any bot system I don't think the servers could handle 4000 bots running around - I'm not sure how many can be used safely.

I'm not big into WoW development, but I believe scripts that work on 1 expansion don't usually work on other expansions due to different structures. Something like fake players is a little more complex and requires a lot of work for them to look remotely believable.
Also in any bot system I don't think the servers could handle 4000 bots running around - I'm not sure how many can be used safely.
That's kind of what I was thinking, just different enough to cause issues. As far as bots, I was able to run about 800 bots for 6+ hours (sometimes not turning off the server for a couple of days) and never had issues with server stability. And this was 4-6 years ago (maybe a couple more) when conans first SPP (SinglePlayerProject) for 3.3.5a was going around, pretty sure this was running on mangos before he made the switch to TrinityCore. I was able to get it to load in 3000 bots, but my computer 4-7 years ago was not that great, so it basically froze up my machine to where i could barely even close the server to free up the cpu/ram. I need to see how stable it is now that i'm not on that old potato lol.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
That's kind of what I was thinking, just different enough to cause issues. As far as bots, I was able to run about 800 bots for 6+ hours (sometimes not turning off the server for a couple of days) and never had issues with server stability. And this was 4-6 years ago (maybe a couple more) when conans first SPP (SinglePlayerProject) for 3.3.5a was going around, pretty sure this was running on mangos before he made the switch to TrinityCore. I was able to get it to load in 3000 bots, but my computer 4-7 years ago was not that great, so it basically froze up my machine to where i could barely even close the server to free up the cpu/ram. I need to see how stable it is now that i'm not on that old potato lol.

That is a different core and expansion, so while it seems to have been able to handle it back then, EC's Cata repack might not be able to. 3.3.5 repacks are a lot more finished and stable, even 5 years ago. By all means try it and let us know, that would be useful information to know how many bots the server can handle before any issues pop up.

Pontinuum

Gold Supporter
Verified Member

This would be awesome, or even just a database dump of a bunch of already geared bots of various races, classes, levels all ready to go. I am wanting to fire up 500ish of them to start and I can't seem to think of a painless way of going about it

Pontinuum

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Can anybody with some experience with these fake players tell me if they will eventually level up or get their own gear if left to act on their own for awhile?