Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
[Name] Shaman Totems, Spell
[What happens] Summons as many of the totems of the same type as you want, until their time limit expires, also limiting me from looting. Happens on startup so it's possible its more than just the totems causing it.
[What should happen] When a new totem spawns, the old totem of that same type goes away.

More detail:
For some reason, after going to v6 of the repack, my shaman is having problems with totems and looting issues. I beleive the looting issue is related, so its not getting its own bug report.
When I place a totem, at first the game usually seems fine, but if I try to place the same totem, the game seems to mess up. During a quest where I have to loot creatures in the area for some item, but when I replace a totem to try to move it, I can no longer loot the creatures, and totems just keep stacking. I can place as many as I want. When this happens I have to relog to fix it, and sometimes the totems will spawn how they're supposed to, but not all the time. Also sometimes after logging in for the first time since client opening, the looting is messed up to begin with, in which case I relog. I think it's mainly something with Shamans.

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Sounds really, really strange. Will test tonight :)

Thanks, it appears to just be shamans in general. I started to think it was just the area I was in, so I teleported myself to a different area and tried it there. I had to relog to loot the creatures, and also when I tried to put an item in my bank and destroy another item, they just sat in my inventory grayed out, which I had to relog to fix

ExO

Admin
Hm mate. I can't seem to confirm this. Check this and tell me if I produce correctly:
https://gyazo.com/b27da722efed6f81380c42ae43525979

Gyazo is on limitted time so it was hard to show, but point is;

I spawn a totem, I attack a creature, I spawn the same totem (it gets replaced - working blizzlike), I get the creature killed, I can loot it.
That's pretty much how it reacts and how I produce ^^

Could you tell me if I do it the "correct" way? Or perhaps a video of your bug?

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hm mate. I can't seem to confirm this. Check this and tell me if I produce correctly:
https://gyazo.com/b27da722efed6f81380c42ae43525979

Gyazo is on limitted time so it was hard to show, but point is;

I spawn a totem, I attack a creature, I spawn the same totem (it gets replaced - working blizzlike), I get the creature killed, I can loot it.
That's pretty much how it reacts and how I produce ^^

Could you tell me if I do it the "correct" way? Or perhaps a video of your bug?

It looks like you've done exactly what I did, but you didn't have the problem. When I downloaded the v.6, I used the character importer to bring my shaman from v5 to v6, and after that is when it started bugging out, which is apparently the problem.
I didn't think it would've been the character importer, but I created another shaman exactly as my original shaman, and the problem wasn't there.
Sorry for wasting your time, but thanks for helping me realize the problem.

Edit: Everything is fixed now, I duplicated my character in the database, switched around the numbers, and now I have the same exact character, but without the problem.
I'm not sure what happened with the character import, since I copied the exact same character, and put his character ID to the same as the original, and everything works fine, so I've no idea what exactly went wrong.

Last edited:

ExO

Admin
It looks like you've done exactly what I did, but you didn't have the problem. When I downloaded the v.6, I used the character importer to bring my shaman from v5 to v6, and after that is when it started bugging out, which is apparently the problem.
I didn't think it would've been the character importer, but I created another shaman exactly as my original shaman, and the problem wasn't there.
Sorry for wasting your time, but thanks for helping me realize the problem.

Edit: Everything is fixed now, I duplicated my character in the database, switched around the numbers, and now I have the same exact character, but without the problem.
I'm not sure what happened with the character import, since I copied the exact same character, and put his character ID to the same as the original, and everything works fine, so I've no idea what exactly went wrong.
Ahhhh. That's good to know! Strange, but I'm glad it works well now. Was also a very big and strange issue that I never heard of before, so yeah.