[REPACK POLL] - Which PATCH? Need your VOTE!

What other patch should we provide fixes and repack releases for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
exo, do you think there is not much to do in Cataclysm?

That's not it at all.
A new expansion repack will not slow down the development of the Cataclysm repack.
The main goal is still the Cataclysm repack, as there is still much to do. The MoP repack will be a side project, until Cataclysm is mostly done.

LeRutY

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Mayyyybe I´ll take a look at the MoP repack, I´m not interested in that expansion and I don´t care for the lore, but for the gameplay and that got better in WoD and now in Legion. I´m really surprised that MoP beat Legion by a quite long shot, still can´t understand that.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Mayyyybe I´ll take a look at the MoP repack, I´m not interested in that expansion and I don´t care for the lore, but for the gameplay and that got better in WoD and now in Legion. I´m really surprised that MoP beat Legion by a quite long shot, still can´t understand that.

A lot of people prefer MoP, some people just didn't like the changes in WoD or Legion.
However, most likely the biggest contributing factor was that MoP would be a relatively quick set up. Legion would take ages to get a proper repack released.

vonkaizer12345

Verified Member
I'm new here, I've never seen anyone who is dedicated in improvng repack as EmuCoach, Thank you.
I voted MoP. I prefer developing repacks from scratch because even it is long development, but it was worth it.
Sorry for my bad english.

kambire

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
From a personal point of view I think that the best option would be legion since Trinity itself is working for that version in that way a few years from now we would have a stable legion.

ravish123

Gold Supporter
Senior User
From a personal point of view I think that the best option would be legion since Trinity itself is working for that version in that way a few years from now we would have a stable legion.

That's the point, a few years lol. I doubt people would want to wait a few years for a stable repack. Rather people would prefer to wait a few weeks/months for an repack that's far beyond more stable. And Trinity moves on to the next expansion once a new one comes out so they'll be discontinuing legion once BFA comes out meaning they won't be working on legion for a few years. Also from my point of view not many people prefer legion, although it has a pretty good single player, it's not that good and is missing a crap on stuff pertaining to scripts/systems

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
That's the point, a few years lol. I doubt people would want to wait a few years for a stable repack. Rather people would prefer to wait a few weeks/months for an repack that's far beyond more stable. And Trinity moves on to the next expansion once a new one comes out so they'll be discontinuing legion once BFA comes out meaning they won't be working on legion for a few years. Also from my point of view not many people prefer legion, although it has a pretty good single player, it's not that good and is missing a crap on stuff pertaining to scripts/systems

People don't typically like waiting a few months as is for a repack/update, which I can agree with. Especially VIP's who've invested in the development.
If we were to promise a Legion repack, by the time we finally get a nice, stable repack up and running, people would either lose all interest in it/forget about it, or get angry and leave.
By promising a MoP repack, it would still take quite a bit of time, but relatively soon, and within enough time to build hype for it. I've actually stopped playing the Cataclysm repack due to the hype for MoP.

buber777

Verified Member
Hello. In my humble opinion, you should only take care of Mop at this point, since he won. There are a few good 3.3.5 repack and unfortunately there is no 5.x.x. Of course, I'm not saying that you will not make a better WOTLK, but we all know how much time it takes and hard work, I've been modding myself a bit of STALKER. So why distribute power :) I play all repacks in order to see how WoW has changed. There is no good repacking of the MoP. I'm keeping my fingers. Best regards.

Methusalem

Gold Supporter
Senior User
Ok.. next on the agenda? MINECRAFT! For some reason it seems like people are intensely addicted to "commodore 64 like" graphics? o_O Ok... I will admitt I actually had 1 running on Hamachi, but I am a shadetree server runner. Forgot how I even got it working now. But it uses Javascript, and can be modded? lol :D

BTW... don't listen to me. I also had a eudemons server running. That game stinks even when you are the one running it!. lol :smirk:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Ok.. next on the agenda? MINECRAFT! For some reason it seems like people are intensely addicted to "commodore 64 like" graphics? o_O Ok... I will admitt I actually had 1 running on Hamachi, but I am a shadetree server runner. Forgot how I even got it working now. But it uses Javascript, and can be modded? lol :D

BTW... don't listen to me. I also had a eudemons server running. That game stinks even when you are the one running it!. lol :smirk:

I would love to have a minecraft server up and running for EmuCoach, and even willing to pay for the server charges, but not enough people seemed interested in it. Even then, I understand it'd take time to get attention to it, but I also didn't have enough builders, staff to help set it up, etc. If I can get a few people to help build the world/maps (for free most likely, as I can really only afford the server, but would be awarded staff positions on said server), and maybe 1 other person to help manage the server, which would have to be someone I know enough/trust, so I likely already have someone for that if he's interested, then I'll look a lot more into it.
The biggest thing stopping me is the builders, and maybe a little bit more interest, and I'd absolutely love to start one up.

Since MOP was the winner has a specific core been settled on as the base?

A core has been chosen, yes. It is a heavily modified core from the original choice, and it is being worked on. It's taking a while to get things set up, as the developers and ExO want a stable core with enough features that it's worth it.

Hello. In my humble opinion, you should only take care of Mop at this point, since he won. There are a few good 3.3.5 repack and unfortunately there is no 5.x.x. Of course, I'm not saying that you will not make a better WOTLK, but we all know how much time it takes and hard work, I've been modding myself a bit of STALKER. So why distribute power :) I play all repacks in order to see how WoW has changed. There is no good repacking of the MoP. I'm keeping my fingers. Best regards.

EmuCoach will only be working on Cataclysm repack and MoP repack. The WotLK repack I posted was more so for convenience. If any work will be done to it at some point, it will be done by me, and I'm not really a developer so it wont slow down anything on the official development of the 4.3.4 and 5.4.8 repacks.

Last edited:

Methusalem

Gold Supporter
Senior User
I would love to have a minecraft server up and running for EmuCoach, and even willing to pay for the server charges, but not enough people seemed interested in it. Even then, I understand it'd take time to get attention to it, but I also didn't have enough builders, staff to help set it up, etc. If I can get a few people to help build the world/maps (for free most likely, as I can really only afford the server, but would be awarded staff positions on said server), and maybe 1 other person to help manage the server, which would have to be someone I know enough/trust, so I likely already have someone for that if he's interested, then I'll look a lot more into it.
The biggest thing stopping me is the builders, and maybe a little bit more interest, and I'd absolutely love to start one up.

A core has been chosen, yes. It is a heavily modified core from the original choice, and it is being worked on. It's taking a while to get things set up, as the developers and ExO want a stable core with enough features that it's worth it.

EmuCoach will only be working on Cataclysm repack and MoP repack. The WotLK repack I posted was more so for convenience. If any work will be done to it at some point, it will be done by me, and I'm not really a developer so it wont slow down anything on the official development of the 4.3.4 and 5.4.8 repacks.

I have WOLK, BUT i WANT TO GET YOURS TO. (I want to try out JadaDevs gear maker for WOLK anyways! lol :D ) The online one i used years back got shut down. tHE ONE I HAVE "WHEN I DIG IT UP HAS AN awesome gm iSLAND. iT IS A gm RUNNING A SERVERS PARADISE. wILL TRY FIND IT, BUT i LOST THE ORIGINAL "NEVER UNZIPPED" FILES. Sorry about the caps. I'll take pics of the GM Island if I find my old server. You might like it, and find a way to add it to your server. If you like it. :) I actually had a minecraft server going free off hamachi a long time ago. those files were findable online, but i lost all that long ago. It an oddly addictive game. Truly? The whole square thing makes me think [Commodore 64] but it can be heavily modded to make almost anything you want in your world. That much I remember well. lol :D

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
I have WOLK, BUT i WANT TO GET YOURS TO. (I want to try out JadaDevs gear maker for WOLK anyways! lol :D ) The online one i used years back got shut down. tHE ONE I HAVE "WHEN I DIG IT UP HAS AN awesome gm iSLAND. iT IS A gm RUNNING A SERVERS PARADISE. wILL TRY FIND IT, BUT i LOST THE ORIGINAL "NEVER UNZIPPED" FILES. Sorry about the caps. I'll take pics of the GM Island if I find my old server. You might like it, and find a way to add it to your server. If you like it. :) I actually had a minecraft server going free off hamachi a long time ago. those files were findable online, but i lost all that long ago. It an oddly addictive game. Truly? The whole square thing makes me think [Commodore 64] but it can be heavily modded to make almost anything you want in your world. That much I remember well. lol :D

When you say you want mine too, you mean the source? The WotLK source I used is just TrinityCore's 3.5.5. I have yet to change anything in it. I planned to make fixes to it where I could find them while using it as a way to get into WoW development, but I never got into it. I don't have time to fully examine it and figure out how it works, plus I've no idea where to start with bugs as it's already pretty well developed by TrinityCore.

For minecraft, I think I would probably use a modified Tekkit modpack. Only thing with that is, it's not really meant for servers all that much, so it's hard to find good mods/plugins that allow for having admins, mods, regular players, etc. Again I don't really have much free time these days, so I haven't really looked into it.
Essentially, if someone were to get the groundwork set up for me, and if I could find builders, I'll set it up ASAP. Starting out with probably only a 6gb ram host, not using a dedicated server or anything, not until I know it will be successful.

fede1406

Verified Member
Muchas grasias por tomarnos encuenta pero sin olvidar a cataclismo, mas me gustaria continuar con la historia y ese es MOP Mist of Pandaria

lorder

Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
Muchas grasias por tomarnos encuenta pero sin olvidar a cataclismo, mas me gustaria continuar con la historia y ese es MOP Mist of Pandaria

English: fede1406 This forum is an English-speaking community. They will not understand your language here. If you want to tell them something, tell them in English that they will surely answer you :)

Spanish/Español: fede1406 Este foro es una comunidad de habla inglesa. No entenderán tu idioma aquí. Si quiere decirles algo, dígales en inglés que seguramente le responderán :)