Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hello everyone at EmuCoach!
I have developed a launcher for the EmuCoach Repack (which should work with other repacks)!
I've grown tired of having to constantly find my server folders and having so many shortcuts for starting the server on my desktop, which lead to the idea of a server starter. EmuCoach also used to have an official launcher with it, but it's disappeared, so I figured I'd combine the two!

Requirements:
.NET Framework 4.5

Here is a picture of the main application:
409336d401156bde0a6ba98cddf8b854.png

You can change the realmlist from the launcher for ease of access for joining other servers.
You can also open your WoW client, open the MySQL, Authserver, and Worldserver all in one application.
Before you can use the launcher, you must locate your client, server, and core folders in the settings page:
563ba07e023c5302b6fbe899468c414d.png

March 3rd Edit: I have re-uploaded the launcher with a new name for the archive, as I had to create a new zip archive. Somehow the old one had an error. The name is different, but the virus link is for the same 2 files within the archive.
EC Launcher v1.3.zip - Virus Scan by VirusTotal

You can see how to use it in the post below.

I will not be requiring you to post before downloading, mainly because I'd rather upload this through EmuCoach itself, and not externally.
So as long as you are a registered user, you can download the launcher below!
While I wont require you to post, please feel free to share your opinions on it. How can I make it better? Are there any errors or bugs?

Updates (Changelog is included in the zip file)
Feb 18th - Uploaded v1.1
Feb 27th - Uploaded v1.2
March 9th - Uploaded v1.3 - Now with Apache support!
mFkqfAY.png

For people who are looking for an International Cataclysm Blizzlike Server, coming up in association with Emucoach repack;
https://cataclysm-wow.com/ (server is not yet public!)

You are welcome to follow the Discord to keep track.
https://discord.gg/jSNDcje

PvE Realm-type. Friendly community.

Attachments

• EC Launcher v1.3.zip
    289.9 KB · Views: 1,343
Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Instructions for the Launcher:

Upon first opening the main application (first picture in post above), you will want to click the 'Settings' button.
The settings window will look like the second picture in the post above. This window is where you will set your client/server/core locations. Click the '...' buttons next to each box to locate the proper folder.
Client - Your WoW game client's folder.
Server - The folder where MySQL.bat and Apache.bat are.
Core - The folder where Authserver.exe and Worldserver.exe are.
If you gave the correct folder paths and the application is able to find everything it needs, the color of the text box will change to green. If not, it will remain/change back to red.
bd85f49200c87f5e29a32b6b7936ef66.png

If you would like the server starter to automatically restart Worldserver.exe upon crashing (on a 60 second timer), check "Auto-Restart Worldserver on crash". Notice the "(testing)" next to it, as I'm not sure it fully works yet. However, I have yet to be told it doesn't.

Now click "Save and Exit".

When you click any of the buttons to start MySQL, Auth or World or Apache, you will notice green text next to it saying "Active". You will not see the MySQL window open, but you will see every other window open.
0f27a1f78a9d013eb7ab512b7e5df743.png

As for launching your client, you can just click "Launch Client".
The application comes with a quick easy way to change your realmlist, so all you have to do is type in the IP you want to connect to (127.0.0.1 for local servers), then click "Set Realmlist".

That's all there is to know about the Repack Launcher. Please feel free to ask any questions about bugs/issues, or just questions in general about the application.

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
It looks very handy, Is it able to restart a crashed server? What I mean is does it bypass windows error reporting.

It does not bypass Windows Error Reporting.
I messaged this in the forum chat first as I didn't see you posted until afterwards.

Basically, if the current "quick add" of the server-restarter doesn't work, then I'll look into bypassing it.
Or I'll just do it anyway in the next update, but hopefully it'll work without it.

Gold Supporter
Good job and will apache server be available?

BTW the zip package is broken and I cannot restore it. (download twice and all broken)

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Good job and will apache server be available?

BTW the zip package is broken and I cannot restore it. (download twice and all broken)
Somehow I didn't even see this post until you PMed me about it.. I check the activity feed every day, so I've no idea how I missed it and sorry about the wait.

As for Apache, I can look into adding it soon. Currently working on another WoW-related project which is taking a large portion of my productivity and frustration.
However, adding Apache should be easy, all you do is open Apache.bat, right? If so, then I'll have it added as soon as I finish my current project.

Same Here ZIP files broken
The file has been re-uploaded! I'm not sure if it broke with the server migration or if it's been broke this entire time.

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
UPDATE:
I have added Apache support, thanks to the idea of [MENTION=571]7934345[/MENTION], and also finally wrote the instructions in the 2nd post.
Also updated the screenshots.

dew1960

Gold Supporter
Nice! Thanks for creating this. I am sure this will be very useful for me and others too. Well done!

neochrome88

Gold Supporter
Thanks! Got it working. One question though. I restarted my PC and all the settings were missing. Is there a way to save this? (i.e. core/server/client locations)

-Brian

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Thanks! Got it working. One question though. I restarted my PC and all the settings were missing. Is there a way to save this? (i.e. core/server/client locations)

-Brian

There is a way that settings can be saved on a more reliable way, but I didn't want to deal with it at the time of development. Basically it would have to be saved to a .txt or .conf. or some kind of text file and it would read from that upon startup.
Currently, it uses system settings I think, which only saves it for that file's location. Example being, I have mine on my desktop, set up all the locations, etc.. Upon restarting it everything is there, but when I move it to a different folder, the settings have been reset.

With that in mind, did you move the server starter after setting it up? Because I've restarted my computer multiple times since I last used the server starter, and the settings have always been there, so I can't replicate the issue.

neochrome88

Gold Supporter
There is a way that settings can be saved on a more reliable way, but I didn't want to deal with it at the time of development. Basically it would have to be saved to a .txt or .conf. or some kind of text file and it would read from that upon startup.
Currently, it uses system settings I think, which only saves it for that file's location. Example being, I have mine on my desktop, set up all the locations, etc.. Upon restarting it everything is there, but when I move it to a different folder, the settings have been reset.

With that in mind, did you move the server starter after setting it up? Because I've restarted my computer multiple times since I last used the server starter, and the settings have always been there, so I can't replicate the issue.

Yup, that must've been it thanks.

Smack54

MoP Premium
Verified Member
Features I'd like to see: Minimize or minimize to system tray, Start all, Stop all. Thanks for the tool. Hope you keep improving it.

djorn01

Gold Supporter
Hi

i tried this on version 10 off the repack and it doesn't work. the problem was that it doesn't start mysql when you you try to you have to go in and do it manually. It dose launch the auth and world server

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hi

i tried this on version 10 off the repack and it doesn't work. the problem was that it doesn't start mysql when you you try to you have to go in and do it manually. It dose launch the auth and world server

Anything pop up, or anything to suggest, why it doesn't open? I'm not too sure why it wouldn't open. It doesn't specifically show the console window when it does open, so does it the status label not say it's open afterwards?
I'll look into it in a bit, but I don't think I have the source on my current pc, so that could be an issue if I can't find it..

Also, just to be sure, even though I doubt it matters, do you mean v10 or v10.1?

djorn01

Gold Supporter
it doesn't do anything.. same as when i tried to use Juties launcher. it will start the auth/world and client but not the mysql (Juties dose launch the 3.3.5 mysql i have just won't work on the emucoach 4.3.4). there is no window popup and it says active for about 1-2 seconds and then active writing disappears and nothing. i have no idea why it doesn't work you can launch it manually and it works fine, just not through the launcher. the only thing i can think is if you have some extra commands/settings added to the launch of the mysql as the default .bat file works if you launch it manually.

Zaxer's Control Panel 3.1 launches mysql fine, so it has to be how you try to launch mysql

Last edited: