Realm offline

Strahan

Verified Member
Hi. I downloaded the MoP server pack, was feeling nostalgia for some WoW and wanted to play some. Got everything setup, but my realm is always listed as offline. I had it on a spare DL380G5 server and poked holes in the firewall for TCP 3724/8085. I saw in a post somewhere a person saying they opened a bunch of others too (3443, 6112, 6881-6999, 8129) so I tried those, but no dice. I even opened 1-65534 just for grins, heh. Still no dice. My realmlist.wtf has my DL380 set for the realmlist. I tried setting the realm IP in the DB to the LAN adapter IP (so as to match the client's realmlist setting), but that made no difference either. When I fire up MoP, it accepts the credentials I made and I see my realm's name but it just shows offline.

Out of frustration, I made a folder on my local system's drive and setup the pack again. This time I left it bone stock, all configured for localhost. Running MoP gives me the same behavior (recognize creds & realm, but offline), even when running it all from the same box.

What should I check next?

PrivateDonut

Veteran Member
Did you change the realmlist inside the auth database from 127.0.0.1 to whatever your IP is if you're accessing it remotely?

Strahan

Verified Member
I did on the first build. The second build I left it alone as everything was running on my local machine. I wanted to rule out a firewall / network issue. Even when I run it all on this PC though, I get realm offline.

I checked to ensure it was actually listening as well:
Code:
D:\Games\WoW\Server>netstat /a /n|find "8085"
  TCP    0.0.0.0:8085           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
But still no luck. Is there some console command one must do to mark a realm ready for use? Or should it go online as soon as it starts?

PrivateDonut

Veteran Member
I did on the first build. The second build I left it alone as everything was running on my local machine. I wanted to rule out a firewall / network issue. Even when I run it all on this PC though, I get realm offline.

I checked to ensure it was actually listening as well:
Code:
D:\Games\WoW\Server>netstat /a /n|find "8085"
  TCP    0.0.0.0:8085           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
But still no luck.
Did the worldserver.exe fully load up, might be a dumb question just trying to rule things out. Because just because it accepts the account information, only means the authserver is online.

Strahan

Verified Member
OMFG I'm such a moron. I almost don't want to admit this, lol. When I decided to play WoW again, I figured I'd download Cataclysm as WotLK was the last one I played. But after I downloaded and extracted it, my kid was like nooooo I want the one with the pandas!! (She loves pandas lol). So fine, I download and MoP and switch gears.

However.... in my testing, my dumb ass had been using d:\games\wow\client where I had originally installed Cataclysm. I never read the screen, and I didn't know whatever image was appropriate to see as I haven't played with Cataclysm or MOP so I never realized until just now after I was executing another failed test that I noticed the version said 4. something. Then I looked a little more closely and saw it was Cataclysm (double facepalm). Soooo yea. I tried the appropriate client, and it works just fine :D

Thanks!

Zoema

Trial Member
OMFG I'm such a moron. I almost don't want to admit this, lol. When I decided to play WoW again, I figured I'd download Cataclysm as WotLK was the last one I played. But after I downloaded and extracted it, my kid was like nooooo I want the one with the pandas!! (She loves pandas lol). So fine, I download and MoP and switch gears.

However.... in my testing, my dumb ass had been using d:\games\wow\client where I had originally installed Cataclysm. I never read the screen, and I didn't know whatever image was appropriate to see as I haven't played with Cataclysm or MOP so I never realized until just now after I was executing another failed test that I noticed the version said 4. something. Then I looked a little more closely and saw it was Cataclysm (double facepalm). avatar game Soooo yea. I tried the appropriate client, and it works just fine :D

Thanks!

Great to know it because I am in the same situation.

johndavi

Trial Member
If you're experiencing issues with your World of Warcraft MoP server setup and your realm consistently appears as offline, there are a few things you can Verify that the realm list.wtf file on your client machine is correctly configured to point to your server's IP address Amanda The Adventurer or hostname. Ensure that there are no typos or errors in the realmlist.wtf file?