Making your server public

Leony

Verified Member
Excuse my English because I only speak Spanish and I lean on google for translation

gromveka

Trial Member
What is the password for the mysql database? When I try to login with HeidiSQL with only root and no password, it gives me an "Access denied for user 'root@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

I'm trying to change the ip address to open it on my LAN.

Thanks,

gromveka

Trial Member
Its worth noting that the login and password for the MySQL in order to change the realmslist is:
user: root
pass: ascent

mihailopacaric

Verified Member
OK i want to make my server public but i dont want to have a domain i want to have in realmlist "realmlist set xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" xx... - is what my what is my ip sad but i dont know how, i tryd to connect hamachi and dis tutorial but when some one try to join they get to realm part and then when they choose the realm it says login in but it does noting and then it return to realm select.

Last edited:

mihailopacaric

Verified Member
i didnt touch the realmlist option in sql under auth and if i do nothing changes it and i didnt change the file in system32 because i didnt know what to put in it because i dont have domain,i useusly know what i'm doing with servers and ports but never did any thing in system32 so im new to it.

Last edited:

Zhool

Verified Member
NO you dont need to add this whole thing :)
First you need a free dyndns you can get one here Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP
Then download their free dns client to keep your external ip updated with your free dynamic domain.
Then in hostfile add as followed below example.

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

127.0.0.1 YOUR.DYNDNS.COM

roja7011

Verified Member
I seem to have an issue with my IP address changing all the time.

Also the Ascent.bat file is not showing in finder window

Last edited by a moderator:

Baphomet

Veteran Member
So I've run into a bit of a problem that I'm hoping someone can give me an idea about. I previously ran a Cata server with no issues, but this new WotLK doesn't seem to want to let me connect remotely.

My ports are forwarded, I have a Dynamic DNS setup, my Host file has been edited with the DNS info, and I've tried changing my server address to both my IP and Dynamic DNS, and I've changed my realmlist.

I had done all this previously and was successful, but this time around it just won't cooperate.

Blaster

Gold Supporter
Same problem here. I got Cata going just fine, 2 different versions but i cant get Legion to connect outside. I did the same exact thing to set it up. Let me know if you run across what was causing it.

rasman

Verified Member

Ex vi animi

Intro:

Since a lot of people have been requesting an up to date guide on how to make a Trinity Core server or repack public, I've decided to swiftly explain it to you.

Opening your ports:

The procedure to open your ports is different for every router. The best place to go would be PortForward.com. Just search your router and follow the BASIC (not WoW) guide on opening the following ports:

• 80 (Default port for Apache servers. If you aren't running a site of sorts, this is not required.)
  • 3306 (Default port for MySQL servers. If you don't need your MySQL to be accessible remotely, this is not required.)
  • 3443 (Default port for Remote Access, if you aren't using RA, this is not required.)
  • 7878 (Default port for Simple Object Access Protocol, if you aren't using SOAP, this is not required.)
  • 3724 (Mandatory realmlist port.)
  • 8085 (Mandatory World server port.)

Once done please check if your ports are open using this site. Don't use other tools, as they'll probably be incorrect.

Getting a DNS:

A DNS will serve as your realmlist, for example Blackrock-Gaming uses 'realm.blackrock-gaming.com' of course, you'd need a domain name for that; but there are free sites to do that, such as DYNDNS. Your 'IP' address is the IP address that you can find here. Make sure the setting is 'Host with IP address' and nothing else.

Changing the HOSTS file:

This step is important, since you are the HOST of the server, the computer should be expecting incoming connections from an IP. By default, the computer only expects incoming connections from '127.0.0.1', that is your local host. Navigate to 'C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/' and open the 'hosts' file with notepad and make sure you edit it:
Code:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.# 127.0.0.1 localhost# myexternalipaddress mydyndns
Once done, just close and safe.

Changing the realmlist:

This last step is forgotten by many and is 'the most important' step to actually get your Trinity Core to be public. Open your database via HeidiSQL, go into the 'auth' database and open the 'realmlist' table. There, change the address from '127.0.0.1' to 'myexternalipaddress'
Close the table. Success! You're done!.

Outro:

If you did the above correctly your server should be public. If not, it could be that your firewall or anti-virus is still blocking connections, if so, just disable them.

Players can reach your server by setting their realmlist to either your external IP address or your DYNDNS. 'Protecting' your IP address is useless, as anyone with a brain can simply ping the DYNDNS and figure out what your IP is. A hacker can't do anything with just your IP either, so stop being paranoid.

Please by advised that you SHOULD NOT change anything within the actual config files of Trinity, these settings are correct by default. Do not change them unless you know what you're doing.

Warning: I am NOT responsible for any possible damage caused to your router.

I will NEVER help you open your ports via TeamViewer or anything like that.

This tutorial was brought to you by Jeutie.
-- All the credits goes to Jeutie, this is just a share.

So I think there's an issue with my hosts file in windows. I've added the following line:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.# 127.0.0.1 localhost# myexternalipaddress mydyndns

This doesnt work. I've gotten rid of the extra spaces too. I have a dynamic ip I'm using for my external ip and I have a dns name connected to it. All needed ports are forwarded.

I've also just tried:

# (my external ip address) (my dns name)

and

# 127.0.0.1 localhost

I've also tried those two lines without the hashtag....are the hashtags needed?

Please help!

rasman

Verified Member

Ex vi animi

Intro:

Since a lot of people have been requesting an up to date guide on how to make a Trinity Core server or repack public, I've decided to swiftly explain it to you.

Opening your ports:

The procedure to open your ports is different for every router. The best place to go would be PortForward.com. Just search your router and follow the BASIC (not WoW) guide on opening the following ports:

• 80 (Default port for Apache servers. If you aren't running a site of sorts, this is not required.)
  • 3306 (Default port for MySQL servers. If you don't need your MySQL to be accessible remotely, this is not required.)
  • 3443 (Default port for Remote Access, if you aren't using RA, this is not required.)
  • 7878 (Default port for Simple Object Access Protocol, if you aren't using SOAP, this is not required.)
  • 3724 (Mandatory realmlist port.)
  • 8085 (Mandatory World server port.)

Once done please check if your ports are open using this site. Don't use other tools, as they'll probably be incorrect.

Getting a DNS:

A DNS will serve as your realmlist, for example Blackrock-Gaming uses 'realm.blackrock-gaming.com' of course, you'd need a domain name for that; but there are free sites to do that, such as DYNDNS. Your 'IP' address is the IP address that you can find here. Make sure the setting is 'Host with IP address' and nothing else.

Changing the HOSTS file:

This step is important, since you are the HOST of the server, the computer should be expecting incoming connections from an IP. By default, the computer only expects incoming connections from '127.0.0.1', that is your local host. Navigate to 'C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/' and open the 'hosts' file with notepad and make sure you edit it:
Code:

Once done, just close and safe.

Changing the realmlist:

This last step is forgotten by many and is 'the most important' step to actually get your Trinity Core to be public. Open your database via HeidiSQL, go into the 'auth' database and open the 'realmlist' table. There, change the address from '127.0.0.1' to 'myexternalipaddress'
Close the table. Success! You're done!.

Outro:

If you did the above correctly your server should be public. If not, it could be that your firewall or anti-virus is still blocking connections, if so, just disable them.

Players can reach your server by setting their realmlist to either your external IP address or your DYNDNS. 'Protecting' your IP address is useless, as anyone with a brain can simply ping the DYNDNS and figure out what your IP is. A hacker can't do anything with just your IP either, so stop being paranoid.

Please by advised that you SHOULD NOT change anything within the actual config files of Trinity, these settings are correct by default. Do not change them unless you know what you're doing.

Warning: I am NOT responsible for any possible damage caused to your router.

I will NEVER help you open your ports via TeamViewer or anything like that.

This tutorial was brought to you by Jeutie.
-- All the credits goes to Jeutie, this is just a share.

So I think there's an issue with my hosts file in windows. I've added the following line:

This doesnt work. I've gotten rid of the extra spaces too. I have a dynamic ip I'm using for my external ip and I have a dns name connected to it. All needed ports are forwarded.

I've also just tried:

and

# 127.0.0.1 localhost

Please help!

rasman

Verified Member

I've also just tried:

and

# 127.0.0.1 localhost

Please help!