Launching EmuCoach in Ubuntu

KoroLion

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
In this tutorial I'll tell you how to launch EmuCoach in Ubuntu using Wine. I've tested this guide in Ubuntu 16.04.1 x32 and Ubuntu 16.04.1 x64 with repacks EmuCoach v. 5 and EmuCoach v. 6.1. All is working fine.

So, let's begin:
1. Download all components of EmuCoach to your computer and place them into one folder
2. Install the latest Wine version: run the commands (separately, no matter from where)
Code:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-devel
3. Unpack _Server/Required Software.rar to _Server folder
4. Install vcredist_x86.exe and Win32OpenSSL-1_0_1h.exe: run the command (from _Server folder)*
Code:
wine vcredist_x86.exe
Complete the installation (like on Windows) using default options. After that run the next command in Terminal (from _Server folder)
Code:
wine Win32OpenSSL-1_0_1h.exe
And complete the installation using default options...
5. Launch MySQL by running the command (from _Server folder)
Code:
wine mysql/bin/mysqld.exe --defaults-file=mysql\\bin\\my.cnf --standalone --console
5. Now you can launch the server, open the new terminal and run the command (from folder with your authserver.exe and worldserver.exe)
Code:
wine authserver.exe
There will be some windows that asking about insatlling software, click "Install"
6. After authserver.exe is started, open the new Terminal and run the command (from folder with your authserver.exe and worldserver.exe)
Code:
wine worldserver.exe

If you have something like that:
LdZKFH5.png

Then you have successfully run EmuCoach on Ubuntu!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here)

Last edited:

ExO

Admin
Really interesting. I've had so many people asking about it, and I always told that I was unfortunately not knowledged in ubuntu, so I'll make sure to link them your thread!

+1

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Okay, so this works on Mac as well. Just a temporary stay while I build a more permanent linux server, but I thought I'd mention it. I'm hosting on a 2015 iMac with High Sierra, and also playing from same computer. Over 24 hours uptime at this posting, and running stable.

Edit [December 24]:
Installed on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I installed a minimal fresh install. Only installed what I needed as I went. Wine wouldn't install for me from add-apt, so I installed from Ubuntu Store.
Also I installed SQLyog via Wine.
Oh, and I installed RealVNC. This is the smoothest little server! It doesn't run on much less memory than my Windows 10 install, however it is noticeably faster and glides alone without barely noticing users logging in and out.
Very happy.
A massive thanks [MENTION=14211]KoroLion[/MENTION] for such a great tutorial.
Aescleal

Last edited:

Asentine

Trial Member
Hi All,

Think i'm being dumb but where do i get the EmuCoach Components, i can't seem to find anywhere anything that has _Server folder or a Required_Software.rar

any help would be greatly appreciated

Nhuj

Verified Member
I'm able to make MOP V4 to run on Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy. Some adjustment needs to be made for it to work. will test if stable.

1678817455041.png

eltnen

Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Verified Member
Does anyone have a link to the pre-compiled source that Emucoach uses for MOP v4?
I found the official Trinitycore repo, but from what I see there is a lot of difference/changes between the current core and the MOP repack here?

I use Ubuntu as a daily driver and could attempt compiling it and getting it to work without Wine for the community to use.

EDIT: I just realized the source code for Emucoach probably isn't open source 🙃
My offer still stands to support in compiling a version that runs on Ubuntu/Linux. So if I can help in any way that suits keeping the code private, please let me know.

Last edited:

samojako123

MoP Premium
Verified Member
In this tutorial I'll tell you how to launch EmuCoach in Ubuntu using Wine. I've tested this guide in Ubuntu 16.04.1 x32 and Ubuntu 16.04.1 x64 with repacks EmuCoach v. 5 and EmuCoach v. 6.1. All is working fine.

So, let's begin:
1. Download all components of EmuCoach to your computer and place them into one folder
2. Install the latest Wine version: run the commands (separately, no matter from where)
Code:
4. Install vcredist_x86.exe and Win32OpenSSL-1_0_1h.exe: run the command (from _Server folder)*
Code:
wine vcredist_x86.exe
Complete the installation (like on Windows) using default options. After that run the next command in Terminal (from _Server folder)
Code:
Code:
wine mysql/bin/mysqld.exe --defaults-file=mysql\\bin\\my.cnf --standalone --console
5. Now you can launch the server, open the new terminal and run the command (from folder with your authserver.exe and worldserver.exe)
Code:
wine authserver.exe
There will be some windows that asking about insatlling software, click "Install"
6. After authserver.exe is started, open the new Terminal and run the command (from folder with your authserver.exe and worldserver.exe)
Code:
wine worldserver.exe

LdZKFH5.png

Hello sir my auth and world server won't launch VIP MOP

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 73

stefanceltare

MoP Premium
Verified Member
Does anyone have a link to the pre-compiled source that Emucoach uses for MOP v4?
I found the official Trinitycore repo, but from what I see there is a lot of difference/changes between the current core and the MOP repack here?

I use Ubuntu as a daily driver and could attempt compiling it and getting it to work without Wine for the community to use.

EDIT: I just realized the source code for Emucoach probably isn't open source 🙃
My offer still stands to support in compiling a version that runs on Ubuntu/Linux. So if I can help in any way that suits keeping the code private, please let me know.

This would be really great actually... I am willing to support this project and get the premium but I run linux ubuntu for my current personal wow server (335 for now) and am not going to switch to windows, also not sure how it would work with wine since I have never tried so native build would be awesome.

stefanceltare

MoP Premium
Verified Member

So, let's begin:
Code:
Code:
wine vcredist_x86.exe
Code:
Code:
Code:
wine authserver.exe
Code:
wine worldserver.exe

LdZKFH5.png

Thanks a lot for this. I have never used wine so I will need to give it a try. Quick question though, can the auth and world servers connect to a mysql that is running natively on ubuntu instead of running the windows one?

hlidkskialf

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Thanks a lot for this. I have never used wine so I will need to give it a try. Quick question though, can the auth and world servers connect to a mysql that is running natively on ubuntu instead of running the windows one?
You'd just have to import the database.