[GM Addon][Trinitycore/Mistcore] GM Genie

chocochaos

Verified Member
About GM Genie

GM Genie is an all-round GM addon for Trinitycore, aimed at making common tasks easier and quicker to accomplish. It provides tools for managing tickets, interacting with players on the server, building/spawning and much much more.

GM Genie is not and is never going to be a collection of buttons just to eliminate the need to type commands. I have personally never understood how that is useful in any way, so please don't make requests to add button x for command y, it is not going to happen. However, if you have ideas for new functionality that could provide new possibilities or make existing tasks vastly easier, be sure to mention them!

Installation Instructions
For TrinityCore (3.3.5/4.3.4) servers:
For Mistcore (5.x) servers:

Download the addon using one of the links above and extract it to the interface/addons directory in your WoW installation. When logging in, the addon should be enabled by default.

Supported emulators: TrinityCore (3.3.5 and 4.3.4) & Mistcore (5.0.5)
Supported client versions: 3.3.5, 4.3.4, 5.0.5
Supported client locales: enUS and enGB

Current Functionaility
  • Hud aka the main window Shows the amount of open tickets, both online and offline. Shows gm status and allows changing it. And provides quick access to the ticket and builder interface.
  • Tickets May not sound all too interesting, but decent ticket addons are hard to find these days. This one is extra cool as it has some neat functionality, including but not limited to:
    • Read marking: easily see which tickets have and have not yet been read.
    • Differentiation between online and offline tickets, including the option to hide offline tickets if you wish.
    • Sort by tickets by id, name, creation date, modified date or assigned to.
    • Show who else is reading the ticket while you are reading it.
    • Quickly assigning the ticket to yourself with a single click, or to someone else by right clicking.
    • The ability to set comments from within the ticket window, instantly updating the comment if someone else has the ticket open as well.
    • Fully integrated with the awesome spy (see below).
  • Spy aka playerinfo Spy is a window showing all relevant info from the usefull playerinfo command. In addition, it provides access to several quick commands, macros and advanced character tools. Spy is opened automatically when a ticket is opened, and can be initialized manually by typing /why charactername or by right clicking a name in chat, going to quick commands and clicking spy.
    • Appear, summon, freeze, unfreeze, revive, rename, customize, change race, change class, etc.
    • Lookup other accounts and characters from the player.
    • Show any current or past bans.
    • Quick ccess to all whisper, mail and discipline macros (see below).
  • Player macros There are three types of player macros: whisper macros (which send pre-defined whispers), mail macros (to send pre-defined mails) and discipline macros (for any kind of pre-defined mutes or bans). Macros can be easily defined from the interface settings. Each type comes with several neat options to customise the macros to your needs. The macros can be accessed from the spy window, and when right clicking a player in chat (or somewhere else, as long as there is normally a player menu on right click).
  • Builder The builder allows exact movement, rotation and spawning of npcs and objects. The combination of these two options make it a pretty powerful tool that can be used to make almost anything in-game. In addition there is also a window to make "spawn macros". Usage requires a basic understanding of lua. A few examples:
    • A cirlce with 18 chairs:
      Code:
      for i=1, 18, 1 do
      go(5, 0, 0, 180, -1, 1, 176232);
      go(5, 0, 0, 200, -1, 0, 0);
      end
    • A spiral of torches going up:
      Code:
      for i=1, 400, 1 do
      local rotate = 2+0.05*(2.71828183^(0.0125*i))
      local up = rotate/100;
      go(0.25, 0, up, rotate, -1, 1, 180352);
      end
    An example of what can be accomplished once you are familiar with the builder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_4r1vEJ3MQ
The above certainly isn't a complete list of what the addon can do, but there's no point making a wall of text that no one will read anyway. I'd highly encourage just testing some things out and see what it can do for you. If you know lua, a peek at the source code may also shed some light on the functionality.

The addon is released under the GPL (v3), so feel free to modify, redistribute or whatever you'd like to do with it. If you find any bugs, have ideas for improvements, want to provide a patch or whatever, please feel free to post it here.

Reposts and modifications

Since GM Genie is under an open source license, any modifications and redistributions of the addon are explicitely allowed, as long as copyright and license notices remain intact.

However, I would appreciate it if you could drop me a message if you post/publish GM Genie somewhere. Partly because I like to know where it is being spread, but also so I can add new versions to those threads when they are released. It would be a shame if everyone keeps using some ancient version because it was once posted on a forum, and never updated there.

You can drop me an e-mail at gmgenie [at] chocochaos [dot] com

It's not a requirement to inform me, but I would appreciate it =)

Changelog

Version 0.7.3
  • Small changes and fixes:
    • Code cleanup in several areas.
    • Fixed the spy window (the new TrinityCore output format broke it).
    • Security fix for ip banning functionality.
Version 0.7.2
  • Cataclysm (up until 4.3.4) is now supported. Some quick testing has been done, but there may also be some issues that I missed. Consider cataclysm support to be in beta for now. Also, please note that the addon should still work fine in Wrath of the Lich King.
    • Replaced all references to global variable this, event and arg1 with something else that does work.
    • Manually updated the chronos library. Replaced the VARIABLES_LOADED event with ADDON_LOADED. AceTimer was also considered, but would have required more work to implement.
    • Changed the loading process of GMGenie windows and textareas, so that backgrounds are once again loaded and the size is set correctly.
    • Updated the interface version to 40300.
  • Small changes and fixes
    • Fixed a small lua error on first load of the addon (related to the minimap button position).
Version 0.7.1
  • Small changes and fixes
    • When there is a large amount of offline tickets online tickets will now show up properly once again.
Version 0.7
  • General changes:
    • New hud, replacing the old minimap menu. This hud also shows gm/chat/visibility/whisper/fly/speed status, and allows changing it.
    • When porting to a different map flight mode is automatically re-enabled (if it was enabled previously).
    • Hyperlinks for gameobjects, gameobjects entries, creatures and creature entries now give a nice dropdown with usefull options when you click on them, instead of an annoying lua error. Options include: spawning/removing, porting to and listing spawned creatures/gameobjects.
    • Generally a more consistent interface.
    • Names in anticheat messages are now clickable (left click opens the spy window, makes you invisible, appears and show the kind of cheats detected, right click opens the usual player menu). This was tested on a non-standard anti-cheat though, so it may not work on all servers.
  • Changes to ticket interface:
    • When showing offline tickets is enabled, offline tickets show up in red.
    • Previously read tickets show up in a little darker colour than unread tickets.
    • The ticket you're currently reading is shown in white.
    • Refresh button moved to the top of the window, settings button removed (settings can be accessed through the interface options, like for all addons).
    • Ticket count at the bottom of the window now separates online and offline tickets.
    • Fixed a bug where some tickets would incorrectly be highlighted (as if they were being read) in the list.
  • Changes to the spy (playerinfo) window:
    • You can now right click in the spy window to copy the playerinfo.
    • A refresh button has been added at the top of the window.
    • Latencies of 1k and higher now show up in red. Stripped the ms of the latency so that larger numbers fit in.
    • Fixed using /spy without a name (using target instead when no name is specified).
Version 0.6.1 and older

Reactions: ExO

ExO

Admin
Awesome, good and detailed thread!

Thanks for the contribution/release!

Oblivion

Trial Member
Hi I would like to change the size of the windows of the addons but I don't know how to do it