Cataclysm V10 and MOP v.1 - Release Information(?)

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Hi guys, I know Mr.Satan created a tool to transfer characters from old-to-new db's so they can carry forth from one repack to another, but it hasn't worked for me. Is there a way to copy Cataclysm characters into MoP v1.0? Or can somebody point me to some instructions or how-to to do the same? Or just tell me honestly if it's really not doable. :)
Thanks,
Aes

Inc

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
ExO, will be MOP release as 64 bit with reldebinfo? :) I'm just curious.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hi guys, I know Mr.Satan created a tool to transfer characters from old-to-new db's so they can carry forth from one repack to another, but it hasn't worked for me. Is there a way to copy Cataclysm characters into MoP v1.0? Or can somebody point me to some instructions or how-to to do the same? Or just tell me honestly if it's really not doable. :)
Thanks,
Aes

With my tool, you have to specifically set the names of the char and world databases in the settings of the migrator.
However, the tool will definitely not work from Cata to MoP, it was built with the DB structure of the Cataclysm repack only. For transferring it over manually, I believe it should be do-able, but I think it'd just be easier to create the new character and add all the items/guilds/rep/skills/levels/etc that you had on the Cata repack. I'm not sure how to do it manually yet as I haven't seen the DB structure of the MoP repack.

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
With my tool, you have to specifically set the names of the char and world databases in the settings of the migrator.
However, the tool will definitely not work from Cata to MoP, it was built with the DB structure of the Cataclysm repack only. For transferring it over manually, I believe it should be do-able, but I think it'd just be easier to create the new character and add all the items/guilds/rep/skills/levels/etc that you had on the Cata repack. I'm not sure how to do it manually yet as I haven't seen the DB structure of the MoP repack.

Ok, that's fair, thanks! I wasn't super hopeful it would be doable at all. But maybe I'll invest some time on it when I see MoP. Not that I'm a programmer (cuz I'm totally not), but I like to tinker and I'm not afraid to break stuff for the sake of learning!!!
In the event it turns out I have to manually recreate in MoP, there must be some place in the db that stores finished quests as also. But exploring the db for items/guilds/reputation/level, and whatever I can find or think of (pets?) to be copied. if I can narrow down stuff like that, maybe an export will at least give me a template of stuff to manually recreate.
Is some of that stuff encrypted in tables? Or should character data like that be plain text?

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Ok, that's fair, thanks! I wasn't super hopeful it would be doable at all. But maybe I'll invest some time on it when I see MoP. Not that I'm a programmer (cuz I'm totally not), but I like to tinker and I'm not afraid to break stuff for the sake of learning!!!
In the event it turns out I have to manually recreate in MoP, there must be some place in the db that stores finished quests as also. But exploring the db for items/guilds/reputation/level, and whatever I can find or think of (pets?) to be copied. if I can narrow down stuff like that, maybe an export will at least give me a template of stuff to manually recreate.
Is some of that stuff encrypted in tables? Or should character data like that be plain text?

They can be manually copied/exported, but it'd be difficult to just paste/import them all in. Since the DB structure is different, you'd have to figure out where each value goes into the entirely new DB with a different setup.

ExO

Admin
The reason why there is no MoP announcement yet is that we're still not fully sure when the best day to release, is.
We discovered some global bugs and other touch-up we would like to fix first.

The repack won't be perfect from release one since it's an "alpha" release but we still want some important features working (eg phasing) b4 release.

So I'm sorry I haven't given a release date yet for MoP but this hopefully explains you why.

As Jack Sparrow said it; "his baby is not ready yet" (he's a great guy and really cares about this MoP project).

But in short, we're really hoping it will happen soon and we're sorry for the delay, but we have certain standards in terms of quality that we try to live up to :)

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Thanks for the update ExO. Release when you all are ready and not before. We're just excited! :)
And thanks again for all the hard work bring MoP Repack to EmuCoach!
A