At what age did you start playing computer games?

Medivh85

Verified Member
i was 6 years old, when i first saw a comodore 16 game. with cassets, and a joystick, and with a keyboard, that was my gift from my grandfather. that was 30 years ago now. :D

Soundwave

Verified Member
Floppy games were the first games I played, but I remember mostly playing SimCity on a Commodore 64. Good times.

azik

Verified Member
When I was younger I would sneak on to my dads computer and install Dark Sun: Shattered Lands. My dad would find it on the computer and get mad and delete it. So it turned into a cat and mouse type game. Was good times.

Jinz

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
The earliest I remember is playing the original Roller Coaster Tycoon in 1999.

Silec

Verified Member
2004, with a very old Fifa game. Probably Fifa 97 played on PS2. Fouling the enemy keeper over and over again, getting red cards. (What a great time it was!)

Everken

Verified Member
I was 8, played heroes of might and magic 2 at a friend place since I didn't have a pc at home yet.

milvax

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
5 years of age (Atari 2600). My first video game was E.T.. Yes, my parents hated my guts.

Darkwolfie

Verified Member
I started playing around on PC at about 3-4 with my older cousins and then ended up at 6 getting my own PC and havent stopped since. Police Quest and Kings Quest taught me how to type and problem solve

Hubbelbubbel

Verified Member
In the 80s with a Commodore C16 I was 6 years old.
The first game was Prospector Pete from Mastertronic

SouthPaw

Veteran Member
Verified Member
I guess technically I played my first computer game when I was about 10 (1969). My dad worked on early mainframes and took me to work so I could play chess on the huge mainframe in the state capitol building. They didn't even have monitors yet. I typed my moves in chess notation on punch cards and the computer printed out an ASCII chess board on green and white fan-fold pin fed paper after every move. I could beat that mainframe then but struggle against my cell phone now. :)

Jenniy

I collect profile flairs.
Silver Supporter
Senior User
I started in '97 at 1 year old. Sitting on my father's lap, I started off with some point and click adventure games followed by 'simple' RPGs. Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, and Put-Put were my best friends. Within the year, I also learned to use WASD for 3D platformers like Tomb Raider, and Indiana Jones & the Infernal Machine.

Rhadagast

Verified Member
lol - I now feel pretty old indeed after some of these replies:
I remember having an Amiga and playing games like Turrican 2 and Alien Breed,
then getting a PS1, PS2, Nintendo (Goldeneye), Xbox etc. After that moving back to PC's to play diablo and then Dark Age of Camelot, before WoW came along.