[Server] Minecraft/Bukkit Server
Close

An upcoming Blizzlike Cataclysm Server, 4.3.4.

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you like to see an Official Minecraft Server?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 90.91%
  • No

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minecraft/Bukkit Server

Out of curiousity, how many on this forum would like an Official Minecraft server?
    It would probably be Bukkit or something similar, and preferably have a ton of games, such as Bed Wars, Sky Wars, Walls, etc.

Please note: Even if 100% of everyone on this forum voted yes, it is not guaranteed in any way shape or form.
    This is merely a question to see what the community thinks.

Personally, I would love to see a server for EmuCoach, and I'd like to know what you all think.
    Opinions/thoughts are welcome.
    Have a question? Look here!:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]
    If you're question isn't already there, feel free to [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ].

Want to donate and get VIP Access?
    Click [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]!

My Releases:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Quick Links:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    would love it! but maybe factions

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeCore View Post
    would love it! but maybe factions
    That's definitely something I'd like to have in it. We need more "yes" votes in order for this to become a thing, though.
    We'd also need to find people willing to build the maps, which is probably the hardest part.
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]
    If you're question isn't already there, feel free to [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ].

Click [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]!

My Releases:

Quick Links:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I never played actual minecraft, This would be a first for me. I tried some of the clone games like minetest, So I really have no idea how good real minecraft is. But I would like to try it, Especially when i get tired of fixing quests in Cata. So I hope there is a way to download the game.
    I never play the game as a GM. Only a player character can test properly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eyerobot View Post
    I never played actual minecraft, This would be a first for me. I tried some of the clone games like minetest, So I really have no idea how good real minecraft is. But I would like to try it, Especially when i get tired of fixing quests in Cata. So I hope there is a way to download the game.
    Personally, I'd like to allow the "modified" clients of minecraft, allowing people to play the game for free. They can play singleplayer for free, but it doesn't work on multiplayer unless you specifically allow it in the config (Only on non-official server types, like bukkit). However, this would cause an issue as all it would take is for someone with a modified client to change their name to a name of an admin, and they'd essentially have full access, due to the list of OP's, or "Operators".

As for how good the game is; It can be good for the first play-through or two, but it gets boring pretty quick. After experiencing the story, the only fun part of the game is building, the creative aspect of it.
    Since I'm not very creative myself, the game isn't as fun as I'd like it to be, yet it still draws me in. I want to want to play it, if that makes sense.
    That's why I like modpacks, because they offer so much more potential to the game, and it adds new experiences.

With a bukkit server, or something similar, there would hopefully be multiple ways to play the game so it's never a constant. Lets say you want to play some arcade games with other players, so you do that for a bit, have your fun, then get bored and decide to go play in survival. You'd also get something called "plots", which is basically an infinitely generated grid-like world, with sections of land, which can belong to one specific player (unless that player "invites" someone to own that plot with them) where they can build whatever they want within that limited space, and no other players can destroy it or steal any items.

Didn't mean to go into this much detail, but this is also for other people who are curious about the intentions of this server, if we decide to go forward with it.

My Releases:

Quick Links:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could implement a login system, many plugins existed for that back in the day. No experience whatsoever with the current state of Bukkit / MC tho.
    Hey, are you in need of help?

Feel free to PM me

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brian8544 View Post
    You could implement a login system, many plugins existed for that back in the day. No experience whatsoever with the current state of Bukkit / MC tho.
    That's what I'd end up having to do. I'd prefer not to do that, but if it's my only option then I probably will use it if I can.
    I don't really have any experience with bukkit since the whole copyright issue or whatever it was they had. I'd use bukkit or something similar.

My Releases:

Quick Links:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest Spigot rather than Bukkit, Spigot is more stable.

And the ([Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]) community around it is better.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisPotato View Post
    I suggest Spigot rather than Bukkit, Spigot is more stable.

And the ([Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]) community around it is better.
    I have considered that, but I'm not sure. I might end up using 1.7.10 bukkit, thats what I know and its where a lot of my old favorite plugins worked.
    I also remember when Spigot first came out, I tried setting it up and it was too different from bukkit I just couldn't be bothered. Had quite a few steps I think instead of a simple download + play.

My Releases:

Quick Links:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spigot is exactly the same as setting up Bukkit, you can get the precompiled binaries from getbukkit.org (click spigot tab).

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog