[V4] Tons of Crashing - Super Unstable

SoulSeekkor

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Unfortunately MoP has been crashing randomly on Windows Server 2022, after upgrading to V4 from V3 it was crashing much more frequently so I moved it to Windows Server 2012 R2 and it's crashing just as much if not worse. The primary culprit is usually C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ucrtbase.DLL. The latest crash occurred in the SpellAuras.cpp I believe while someone was in Battlegrounds. Should be fairly straight forward as it's only 1 person playing on that server at the moment. I've attached the crash dumps. The 2/11 and possibly 2/4 were on 2012 R2, the other one on 1/29 was Server 2022. I've also attached a Server.log from a past crash including where it occurred (in this case Unit.cpp).

Attachments

• crash dumps.zip
    430.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Server.zip
    113 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: ExO

SoulSeekkor

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Just wanted to add to this that although the crash dumps are spread out this makes V4 MoP unplayable (for the 1 person on it currently). Whenever they play it during the evening if I'm on I end up having to restart it for them easily 3 or 4 times in one evening, not sure if it's Battlegrounds related with the bots?

Audioplayonline

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Verified Member
Just wanted to add to this that although the crash dumps are spread out this makes V4 MoP unplayable (for the 1 person on it currently). Whenever they play it during the evening if I'm on I end up having to restart it for them easily 3 or 4 times in one evening, not sure if it's Battlegrounds related with the bots?

This seems to be random though, The server for me is now at 5 days uptime with around 4 to 8 players on it (with 1000 bots).

SoulSeekkor

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
This seems to be random though, The server for me is now at 5 days uptime with around 4 to 8 players on it (with 1000 bots).
Agreed, I don't know what OS people are typically running this on (guessing Windows 7 or not much higher, maybe 10 if they're running it locally). But it has been a nightmare on Windows Server 2022, I had the same problem with the Legion repack it would run for about a minute then crash every single time...until I moved it to Windows Server 2012 R2 and that took care of it, both have issues with a system DLL file ucrtbase.dll. Moving MoP to 2012 R2 unfortunately did nothing to help, and either is worse for that or worse because of V4, if no one is on it it's okay and my friend and I seem to do okay on it when questing. But the one person playing mostly does battlegrounds and dungeons which seems to be crashing it.

secret

Veteran Member
Mine does not crash, but becomes unusuable after 24-36 hours.
you can log in and everything but nothing working right.
first time we noticed was we
ran clear accross northern stranglethorn, and realized there was no mobs, no npc, no bots.
happens every time.

my server has 5-10 with 2500 bots.

only a restart fixes. nobody uses BGs.

SoulSeekkor

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Confirmed with the 1 person playing on the server, he stuck to just questing and dungeons and it's been running all week no problem. If he does battlegrounds in one evening however, I'll have to restart the server from a crash easily 6-10 times in one night. Something with the battlegrounds with the bots completely kills that.

alanoi201

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Verified Member
Me waiting for corrections and nothing, server doesn't stop online