Not ugrent, but a GOOD THING to remenber for Hamachi users! lol

Methusalem

Gold Supporter
Senior User
Ever had this scenario? You go to launch 1 of your servers (doesn't maatter what game is is really). The database opens, but nothing else? I did! I had a power outage. After rebooting my computer I decided to mess with a repack. Launched my DB, went to launch auth CRASH!, over, and over! I wasn't feeling great, so thought "h_ll with you, and launched a different one. DB on, launched auth... CRASH! D_mmitt! >.< So I launched Minecraft. Startup initialed. Server startup FAIL! WTH is going on? Eudemons, I think I even tried my OpenSim world. "lets see internet on. I am connected.... why???" o_O After about an hour (or more) of this I discovered my Hamachi (which is miniturized so it isn't in the way) had launched, but I looked, and saw it was not connected. Program on, power button off! Good grief!.... >.< When Hamach is used like a DNS Server for use with "port locked" ISP Boxes, and you aren't going to pay for a service to bypass this? (free ones stink, and result in a constant-crash connection for people. That will make them leave quickly), and mine are "friends only!" lol xD The Hamachi switch must be turned on? Or you have the same result as BLOCKED PORT? DUH? lol! :D If you, or others are playing your server, and the Hamachi somehow goes off with server already running? Client will not connect. They will say "my Hamachi shows you offline", Help!, and you'll know. If no one is on at that time? It is an easy thing to not think of at times! A small, but IMPORTANT thing to check, to save you grief if you use Hamachi as you incoming/outgoing connection to your servers! lol Just food for thought. :)

Last edited:

thetruestarr1337

Verified Member
I know its kinda necro-ing but RAdmin VPN offers free Hamachi-alike Networks but without Clientlimit and it works^^ Only badside: They dont have Linux Clients :/