New to the scene, I feel like I've exhausted my resources. Any help is appreciated! Emucoach 7.3.5 repack setup

Skug

Veteran Member
Hey there, If anyone willing to help has the answers I've love to chat or hear some positive feedback. Never have I done one of these server before, but the minutia and configuration of the server has led to me not being able to have it work. At first I thought the MySQL server wasn't working, however doing some research on stack overflow I was able to overcome the issue. World server seems to launch as well as it can with out the problem child, namely, Bnet server. I have run into extreme problems trying to figure out what the correct way forward is. Original problem was the lack of ssleay32 and libeay32 dll's, however whether I install Openssl to the windows directory, strawberry perl, or just dropping it into the server directory, I am always met with an "Ordinal not found" error, ordinal 407, which cant be located in the dynamic link library in bnetserver.exe. I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a solution, and in addition to openssl installations and such, I've double checked all of my redistributables are up to date and I have the correct version/build of strawberry perl as a dependecy for openssl. Am I thinking too much into this? Have I overlooked an extremely simple way to install all of this? I have no idea. I hope to get everything working, and I think it'll be funny to look back on when it's finished, but for tonight I'm at my wits end. Once again, any help is appreciated!

brian8544

Gold Supporter
Senior User
You don't have the origin dll's which the source code has been compiled with, are you sure the ones' you are using came with the origin repack package?

denks

Verified Member
Hey there, If anyone willing to help has the answers I've love to chat or hear some positive feedback. Never have I done one of these server before, but the minutia and configuration of the server has led to me not being able to have it work. At first I thought the MySQL server wasn't working, however doing some research on stack overflow I was able to overcome the issue. World server seems to launch as well as it can with out the problem child, namely, Bnet server. I have run into extreme problems trying to figure out what the correct way forward is. Original problem was the lack of ssleay32 and libeay32 dll's, however whether I install Openssl to the windows directory, strawberry perl, or just dropping it into the server directory, I am always met with an "Ordinal not found" error, ordinal 407, which cant be located in the dynamic link library in bnetserver.exe. I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a solution, and in addition to openssl installations and such, I've double checked all of my redistributables are up to date and I have the correct version/build of strawberry perl as a dependecy for openssl. Am I thinking too much into this? Have I overlooked an extremely simple way to install all of this? I have no idea. I hope to get everything working, and I think it'll be funny to look back on when it's finished, but for tonight I'm at my wits end. Once again, any help is appreciated!
Download this
and uzip it to your repack folder..

Skug

Veteran Member
Download this
and uzip it to your repack folder..
Thank you very much! They worked perfectly and I was able to get the Bnet server working. I really appreciate it.
You don't have the origin dll's which the source code has been compiled with, are you sure the ones' you are using came with the origin repack package?
I wasn't sure if that was the case but to be sure,, I pulled a couple of the most recent dll's oof those two types to try out. I re downloaded the source files from the repack page but they weren't included. Thank you both for the quick reply!!

Skug

Veteran Member
Hey there! Back again with a new interesting issue. I'm currently trying to set up connection over WAN to host for my friends, but no matter what ports I find online or external/internal IP's I address, they aren't able to connect. I have a static ip through my ISP, additionally I have also setup a static IP on my LAN for the computer I am hosting the server. I'm certain that i'm messing up somewhere in the conifgs, but I cannot find anywhere online on the correct way to set up the server to be connected to. Anyone have advice? It'd be greatly appreciated :)

denks

Verified Member
Hey there! Back again with a new interesting issue. I'm currently trying to set up connection over WAN to host for my friends, but no matter what ports I find online or external/internal IP's I address, they aren't able to connect. I have a static ip through my ISP, additionally I have also setup a static IP on my LAN for the computer I am hosting the server. I'm certain that i'm messing up somewhere in the conifgs, but I cannot find anywhere online on the correct way to set up the server to be connected to. Anyone have advice? It'd be greatly appreciated :)
Something I've noticed in Legion repack is that it's hard to get them online in Win 10, i used Virtualized Win 7, and zero tier one for connection.. Something with firewall is blocking the connection on win 10.
You have go into the databases realmlist table and add external IP there..

Skug

Veteran Member
Something I've noticed in Legion repack is that it's hard to get them online in Win 10, i used Virtualized Win 7, and zero tier one for connection.. Something with firewall is blocking the connection on win 10.
You have go into the databases realmlist table and add external IP there..
Ill edit the realmlist table now! I've finished building my physical server and I'm putting on a fresh Win 10 pro copy on it now. If I still run into that Ill try VM'ing win 7! Thanks for the input.

Skug

Veteran Member
I've had the realmlist set correctly this whole time! I was knee deep changing the mysql library hostnames and such and relized it broke everything. I can connect over lan and the world server works fine. The last hurdle I have is the WAN connections. All ports required are open except for 3724, nothing I do will allow it to be forwarded correctly to the server. I wonder if any one else has run into this issue.

brian8544

Gold Supporter
Senior User
1e2df26ed23796c7e42818e44abfe4cf.png

Make sure LOCALADDRESS has the IP from the local pc and ADDRESS from your ISP, example:

localAddress: 192.168.1.12

address: 172.67.139.10

Perhaps you misconfigured these lines? It happens alot, so worth to recheck it. Let us know! :)

Skug

Veteran Member
1e2df26ed23796c7e42818e44abfe4cf.png

Make sure LOCALADDRESS has the IP from the local pc and ADDRESS from your ISP, example:

localAddress: 192.168.1.12

address: 172.67.139.10

Perhaps you misconfigured these lines? It happens alot, so worth to recheck it. Let us know! :)
I'm actually not familiar with this screen, I've only configured up to the Bnetserver config level. Is this related to MySQL? I might have to self teach that program to get to that point. If it is mySQL I wasn't aware I needed to configure it for WAN connections as well. In that case, what's your preferred editor for .ibd files? Also does the pack being closed source inhibit anything I should do when tweaking the inner workings of the repack? Sorry for the barrage of questions, I appreciate the help thus far!

Skug

Veteran Member
I feel dumb :| Just found out that it's possible to edit a mysql DB while its running, instead of attempting to use notepad++ on the ibd files XD I wish I found out sooner lol. Regarding the closed source though, do I need to reinstall mysql and edit an init file to reset the user/password? I wonder if the 7.3.5 repack has the creds posted somewhere

denks

Verified Member
I feel dumb :| Just found out that it's possible to edit a mysql DB while its running, instead of attempting to use notepad++ on the ibd files XD I wish I found out sooner lol. Regarding the closed source though, do I need to reinstall mysql and edit an init file to reset the user/password? I wonder if the 7.3.5 repack has the creds posted somewhere
you dont have to modify any ini files..

Untitled.png

With HeidiSQL connect to your database, for this repack the username is root and password is ascent (port is 3306)

so dont edit any other files cuz you can screw the connection between the auth, world and database.

1. Click on the realmlist
2. Click on Data tab
3. Edit only this, you can leave local address if the auth and world server are on the same pc as the database..

brian8544

Gold Supporter
Senior User
you dont have to modify any ini files..

View attachment 1760
With HeidiSQL connect to your database, for this repack the username is root and password is ascent (port is 3306)

so dont edit any other files cuz you can screw the connection between the auth, world and database.

1. Click on the realmlist
2. Click on Data tab
3. Edit only this, you can leave local address if the auth and world server are on the same pc as the database..
localAddress must be changed if you are hosting it on a DIFFERENT computer on the SAME LAN, and wanting to connect to it (PC_Lan01 to PC_Lan02 as example)

denks

Verified Member
I had the issue not being able to let my friends connect to my Legion repack until i figured out there was some kind of a problem with win 10 and legion repacks.. WoTLK worked just fine but not legion..
So i took an older laptop, installed win 7 on it and ran the repack there, I installed ZeroTierOne VPN program so i dont have to port forward anything and also have a full control on who connects to my network (Zero Tier One requires a small setup trough their webpage to enable users to connect to you, but you only need to do it once and it works for every local server game out there, its basicly like hamachi only better)
Changed the IP in the database and it worked like a charm, the same exact setup didnt work in win 10 so you can imagine me trying everything to make it work..took me 10 hours to figure it out..

denks

Verified Member
localAddress must be changed if you are hosting it on a DIFFERENT computer on the SAME LAN, and wanting to connect to it (PC_Lan01 to PC_Lan02 as example)
he can just connect trough a external ip like everyone else or am i wrong..

brian8544

Gold Supporter
Senior User
he can just connect trough a external ip like everyone else or am i wrong..
You are not wrong, it's just that this really depends on the router / network configuration he is using. Some don't 'understand' NAT-ting the external to internal network IP. I'm not sure if this repack supports localAddress on database, but the same could be configured in the Windows hostfile. Perhaps this is the troubleshoot he's looking for, example as below:

windows-hostsfile.png

Skug

Veteran Member
I looked into what denks said about windows 10, I was able to overcome the firewall. I noticed if you just destroyed windows defender then the incoming LAN connections would work (It is hosted on a different PC, same Lan). Instead of leaving defender down, I made a custom service under 'Inbound rules' Specifying which ports to let all connections to go through the firewall (3724, 8081, 8085). Going to load up Heidi and see what I can do! I have my first day off from work in a while so it's going to be nice to sit down and grind this out :cool: Thank you both for your help so far! Will post updates.
Capture.PNG

Skug

Veteran Member
A weird interaction we've noticed is that over LAN it is possible to connect to the bnet server, but only if the world server is down. As soon as the worldserver comes online we get back to the blizzard general "You've been disconnected" messages. Does MySQL need to be port forwarded, or does the only configuration with MySQL need to be the set variables for internal/external Ip's as Brian pointed out?

Skug

Veteran Member
That makes total sense. I believe i'm running into security issues with windows 10 currently, but I have made progress using the data setting Denks replied with. I wonder if there is a way to see why its hanging on world server login. I was thinking of running a virtual win7 machine as well if all goes south.