[GUIDE] How to migrate accounts & characters to latest VIP Version /Save accs & chars

raist77

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Well I am way behind, and trying to migrate from Cata VIP 6.1 to Cata VIP 17.1, and ran into problems not having OpenSSL installed, then I had the wrong version installed, then I began editing the database to add the new fields into a copy of my 6.1 DB, using the new 17.1 DB as the template. So any new fields added are blank. This caused the "unknown column 'a.token_key' in 'field-list'" error that others have run into as well. I can't find that text anywhere in the DB, so I don't know how it can be an "unknown column" when it doesn't exist, and all Primary keys match the 17.1DB.

Unable to move forward with the migration at this point. :(

Using configuration file authserver.conf.
OpenSSL 1.1.1n 15 Mar 2022 (Library: OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019)
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 13, sql: "SELECT a.sha_pass_hash, a.id, a.locked, a.last_ip, aa.gmlevel, a.v, a.s, a.token_key FROM account a LEFT JOIN account_access aa ON (a.id = aa.id) WHERE a.username = ?"
Unknown column 'a.token_key' in 'field list'
DatabasePool emucoach_v17_vip_auth NOT opened. There were errors opening the MySQL connections. Check your SQLDriverLogFile for specific errors.
Cannot connect to database

Last edited: