All Problems in the Wetlands

EQandCivfanatic

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Been finding some more issues as I continue my dwarf playthrough, mostly minor, but I'll list them here as I make my way through the zone:

1. Incendicite veins from classic continue to appear in Thelgen Rock. The ore collected is ID 3340, rather than the new ID 55241 and doesn't count towards the relevant quest.

2. If you go AFK in Slabchisel's camp there's a good chance that a wandering Silty Ooze will come into camp and kill you.

3. Fen Dwellers (ID 1039) appear near Slabchisel's camp following their old routes in classic. I'm fairly certain they shouldn't exist at all in Cataclysm, but I may be wrong. For sure, they're not supposed to be among the threshadons and flood elementals.

4. Slavering Oozes (ID 41147) appear as level 1 and friendly to the players near Thelgen Rock.

5. Slabchisel's ram does not automatically dismount when you reach Menethil, allowing you to ride around until you choose to get off.

Reactions: ExO

EQandCivfanatic

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
6. Pretty sure there's supposed to be a dwarf child and a couple human children in a boat in Menethil. I was unable to find their NPC IDs, but I do know one is named Gimlok Rumdnul.

7. This might not be an isolated thing, and may even be working as designed, but the Harbor Shredfins seem to have an elevated rate of blue items dropping. After completing the quest to kill ten of them, I came away with 5 different blue items, and one of them dropped two at once! I will say that my wife has reported creatures in other zones occasionally having the same odd drop ratios, but like I said, that could be intended for the Solocraft version.

8. First Mate Fitzsimmons doesn't phase away properly when the quest The Eye of Paleth is completed.

EQandCivfanatic

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
9. All right, there's WAY too many raptors, gnolls, and crocolisks in the western part of the zone, and some of them are clearly the same patrols/spawns present in the Classic/Wrath repack, based on their levels and locations. In fact, it's a recurring thing, wherein creatures from 3.3.5 are showing up around the Wetlands, adding to the numbers of Cataclysm patch. The end result is an incredibly crowded zone with just a ton of enemies, almost the exact opposite of Loch Modan. With the default respawn rate, it is really easy to get overwhelmed with the sheer numbers.

10. The various quests that lead from one quest hub to the next shouldn't spawn until the local quests are completed, as in the base game. At the moment all quests leading to the next quest hub are available when you reach it.

That's it, going to post another thread for Arathi Highlands bugs.

dolgan

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Hiya,
Thanks for the reports.
Here is fixes for some of them. (Specifically 1, 3, 4,6)

Note: Clear the client cache after running them

Code:
UPDATE `gameobject` SET `id`='203188' WHERE (`id`='1610');
UPDATE `gameobject` SET `id`='203188' WHERE (`id`='1667');
DELETE FROM `creature` WHERE (`id`='1039');
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `minlevel`='20',`maxlevel`='21',`faction_a`='91',`faction_h`='91' WHERE (`entry`='41147');
DELETE FROM `creature` WHERE (`guid`='8398');
DELETE FROM `creature` WHERE (`guid`='8399');
DELETE FROM `creature` WHERE (`guid`='8449');
INSERT INTO `creature` (`guid`,`id`,`map`,`zone`,`area`,`spawnMask`,`phaseMask`,`modelid`,`equipment_id`,`position_x`,`position_y`,`position_z`,`orientation`,`spawntimesecs`,`spawndist`,`currentwaypoint`,`curhealth`,`curmana`,`MovementType`,`npcflag`,`unit_flags`,`dynamicflags`,`walkmode`,`saiscriptflag`) VALUES ('8398','1445','0','11','150','1','1','0','0','-3734.51','-881.336','0.653606','2.18332','300','0','0','55','0','0','0','0','0','0','0');
INSERT INTO `creature` (`guid`,`id`,`map`,`zone`,`area`,`spawnMask`,`phaseMask`,`modelid`,`equipment_id`,`position_x`,`position_y`,`position_z`,`orientation`,`spawntimesecs`,`spawndist`,`currentwaypoint`,`curhealth`,`curmana`,`MovementType`,`npcflag`,`unit_flags`,`dynamicflags`,`walkmode`,`saiscriptflag`) VALUES ('8399','1446','0','11','150','1','1','0','0','-3733.1','-880.352','0.590916','2.29327','300','0','0','55','0','0','0','0','0','0','0');
INSERT INTO `creature` (`guid`,`id`,`map`,`zone`,`area`,`spawnMask`,`phaseMask`,`modelid`,`equipment_id`,`position_x`,`position_y`,`position_z`,`orientation`,`spawntimesecs`,`spawndist`,`currentwaypoint`,`curhealth`,`curmana`,`MovementType`,`npcflag`,`unit_flags`,`dynamicflags`,`walkmode`,`saiscriptflag`) VALUES ('8449','1447','0','11','150','1','1','0','0','-3735.36','-878.521','0.645148','5.41523','300','0','0','55','0','0','0','0','0','0','0');
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `equipment_id`='0' WHERE (`entry`='1445');
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `equipment_id`='0' WHERE (`entry`='1447');

Regards to number 7, Yes the loot template for them needs to be redone, but I can't right now, so will add it to my todo list.

In regards to number 10, ALOT of quests open depending on level not necessarily a pre quest, if they should have a prerequisite quest and they don't can you please tell which specific quests to make it easier to fix.

Keep up the good work.

EQandCivfanatic

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Hiya,
Thanks for the reports.
Here is fixes for some of them. (Specifically 1, 3, 4,6)

Note: Clear the client cache after running them

Code:
UPDATE `gameobject` SET `id`='203188' WHERE (`id`='1610');
UPDATE `gameobject` SET `id`='203188' WHERE (`id`='1667');
DELETE FROM `creature` WHERE (`id`='1039');
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `minlevel`='20',`maxlevel`='21',`faction_a`='91',`faction_h`='91' WHERE (`entry`='41147');
DELETE FROM `creature` WHERE (`guid`='8398');
DELETE FROM `creature` WHERE (`guid`='8399');
DELETE FROM `creature` WHERE (`guid`='8449');
INSERT INTO `creature` (`guid`,`id`,`map`,`zone`,`area`,`spawnMask`,`phaseMask`,`modelid`,`equipment_id`,`position_x`,`position_y`,`position_z`,`orientation`,`spawntimesecs`,`spawndist`,`currentwaypoint`,`curhealth`,`curmana`,`MovementType`,`npcflag`,`unit_flags`,`dynamicflags`,`walkmode`,`saiscriptflag`) VALUES ('8398','1445','0','11','150','1','1','0','0','-3734.51','-881.336','0.653606','2.18332','300','0','0','55','0','0','0','0','0','0','0');
INSERT INTO `creature` (`guid`,`id`,`map`,`zone`,`area`,`spawnMask`,`phaseMask`,`modelid`,`equipment_id`,`position_x`,`position_y`,`position_z`,`orientation`,`spawntimesecs`,`spawndist`,`currentwaypoint`,`curhealth`,`curmana`,`MovementType`,`npcflag`,`unit_flags`,`dynamicflags`,`walkmode`,`saiscriptflag`) VALUES ('8399','1446','0','11','150','1','1','0','0','-3733.1','-880.352','0.590916','2.29327','300','0','0','55','0','0','0','0','0','0','0');
INSERT INTO `creature` (`guid`,`id`,`map`,`zone`,`area`,`spawnMask`,`phaseMask`,`modelid`,`equipment_id`,`position_x`,`position_y`,`position_z`,`orientation`,`spawntimesecs`,`spawndist`,`currentwaypoint`,`curhealth`,`curmana`,`MovementType`,`npcflag`,`unit_flags`,`dynamicflags`,`walkmode`,`saiscriptflag`) VALUES ('8449','1447','0','11','150','1','1','0','0','-3735.36','-878.521','0.645148','5.41523','300','0','0','55','0','0','0','0','0','0','0');
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `equipment_id`='0' WHERE (`entry`='1445');
UPDATE `creature_template` SET `equipment_id`='0' WHERE (`entry`='1447');

Regards to number 7, Yes the loot template for them needs to be redone, but I can't right now, so will add it to my todo list.

In regards to number 10, ALOT of quests open depending on level not necessarily a pre quest, if they should have a prerequisite quest and they don't can you please tell which specific quests to make it easier to fix.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the work. Not sure how to implement those on my own, do you have a guide for that?

In reference to 10, I can certainly look them up, but if they're level based, that also makes sense. It's not a big issue for me, just pointing out that usually it seems to be based on quests completed in an area before moving on, at least when I last played this content during retail Legion.

dolgan

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Thanks for the work. Not sure how to implement those on my own, do you have a guide for that?

In reference to 10, I can certainly look them up, but if they're level based, that also makes sense. It's not a big issue for me, just pointing out that usually it seems to be based on quests completed in an area before moving on, at least when I last played this content during retail Legion.

To start with you need an sql editor program like Navicat or HeidiSQL. I personally use Navicat.

Once you have the program downloaded and installed:
- Turn on the MySQL server for the repack
- Open the program
- Make a new connection using: username: root password: ascent (most repacks around use that username and password, it is changeable but not really worth it)

- Open the connection and you should see, each database listed (Auth Char World information_schema mysql and performance_schema) feel ignore most of these.
- Open the one called world (note it may say something like emucoach_v16_vip_world not just world)
- Once open, go to Query
- New query
- Copy and paste my fixes to the query editor
- Choose run query

You can now close the program, you do NOT need to save the query.

Remember to delete the folder called "Cache" in your World of Warcraft folder, as some of the fixes will not change on your server straight away unless you clear that.

You CAN run these fixes while your server is up and running, but they will not take effect until you restart the worldserver, the authserver can be up at all times and not affect it.

---

While a lot of questing changes were made from Cataclysm in which there are "bread crumb" quests to lead people along, it was also left level based in some parts as not everyone likes to follow narratives that closely.
The best way for us to track down and check is if we are given the quest names and/or ID numbers so that we can check verses various databases that are Cataclysm specific as apposed to current ones (Like WoWhead which would give what the current retail version is)

Last edited: