A ton of stupid questions so stupid you'll get mad just by reading this title

JohnTrave

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Hello everybody.
As it'll be clear in seconds I'm pretty new here, so -pleeease! - I'll ask you to be kind because I know these are real n00bish questions.

1) As far as I know, modules for WoW servers DO exist. But I have some problems.
a) First is I really don't get what exactly "module" mean. I initially thought it meant something like a server-side plugin or addon, you get it. But then I came to this forum and BAM: scripts, queries, Eluna, C++, ... and my head started smoking, because I thought setting a single player server would have been a piece of cake and I forgot nothing on earth is easy as a piece of cake, not even making a piece of cake. My bad. Please don't be too rude.​
b) Second is I don't get where I have to put them. Most GitHub devs just say "Download it and paste it in Ashamane (or whatever)/Core folder", but I can't find that folder. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious. But please don't beat me with a stick.​
c) Third is: how can I know if some modules found on the internet do work with this Emucoach 4.3.4 release? Should I test them one by one? I was thinking of something like VASautobalance, or SoloCraft. Can somebody tell me if they actually work?​

2) About this thread 4.3.4 SQL commands to make your ingame experience betterr and generally every thread with SQL commands: do I need a SQL editor? Somebody said Heidi but I don't know if it's ok. And exactly what should I do? Again, please don't beat me with a pickaxe. I GOT THIS. SHAME ON ME FOR NOT TRYING BEFORE

I already looked up on Google and answers (if present) were not clear. I know I CAN'T do a Google search, and I wrote it for myself so you don't have to waste your time telling me it.
I'll also anticipate you that I put 20 minutes in writing this post. This time is a fraction (believe me) of the time I spent looking on Google.

Sure there'll be more questions on the way. Feel free to answer positively or negatively or just keep scrolling. Whatever you do, I love you all. :eek:k: cheers

Last edited:

dolgan

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Hello everybody.
As it'll be clear in seconds I'm pretty new here, so -pleeease! - I'll ask you to be kind because I know these are real n00bish questions.

1) As far as I know, modules for WoW servers DO exist. But I have some problems.
a) First is I really don't get what exactly "module" mean. I initially thought it meant something like a server-side plugin or addon, you get it. But then I came to this forum and BAM: scripts, queries, Eluna, C++, ... and my head started smoking, because I thought setting a single player server would have been a piece of cake and I forgot nothing on earth is easy as a piece of cake, not even making a piece of cake. My bad. Please don't be too rude.​
b) Second is I don't get where I have to put them. Most GitHub devs just say "Download it and paste it in Ashamane (or whatever)/Core folder", but I can't find that folder. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious. But please don't beat me with a stick.​
c) Third is: how can I know if some modules found on the internet do work with this Emucoach 4.3.4 release? Should I test them one by one? I was thinking of something like VASautobalance, or SoloCraft. Can somebody tell me if they actually work?​

2) About this thread 4.3.4 SQL commands to make your ingame experience betterr and generally every thread with SQL commands: do I need a SQL editor? Somebody said Heidi but I don't know if it's ok. And exactly what should I do? Again, please don't beat me with a pickaxe. I GOT THIS. SHAME ON ME FOR NOT TRYING BEFORE

I already looked up on Google and answers (if present) were not clear. I know I CAN'T do a Google search, and I wrote it for myself so you don't have to waste your time telling me it.
I'll also anticipate you that I put 20 minutes in writing this post. This time is a fraction (believe me) of the time I spent looking on Google.

Sure there'll be more questions on the way. Feel free to answer positively or negatively or just keep scrolling. Whatever you do, I love you all. :eek:k: cheers

Hi there.

In answer to:
Question 1.
If you are new, and only looking to setup a single player server to run around in (and play with admin commands) then you do not need to worry about modules, scripts, Eluna, C++ etc...
Simply download the repack itself (All downloads from the first post HERE)

Question 2.
Yes, to apply the sql queries you will need a SQL Editor program, such as Heidi or Navicat.
- Download and open the program

Start the mysql server that came with the repack

- you need to "Make a connection"
- The connection name can be anything you want it to be
- Host name/IP address should be localhost
- Port: 3306
- Username: root
- PWD: ascent

- Open the newly made connection.
- Double click on the option that has "world" in its name
- choose queries, -> new query
- Copy and past the queries that you want to run
- Run the query.

Start the auth server

Start the world server

Login to the game
Default admin account is usually: usr: admin pwd: admin

If you want to make a non gm account to just play, when the world server is finished loading type: account create (username here without the brackets) (password here without brackets)

JohnTrave

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Thank you very much. After some tries it seems that the SQL queries must be entered with neither Auth nor World server running, am I right?

Also I've been using the "official" launcher and server starter ([Release] Official EmuCoach Launcher + Server Starter v1.3) and sometimes (happened 4-5 times out of 50+) starting the Auth server before the World can make the Auth command window crash. So my question is: is better to start Auth server first and then World server, or the other way around, or there's really not much of a difference?

I've asked about SoloCraft and VASautobalance because I like dungeons, but I play this server solo or with (maybe) one or two other people

dolgan

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Thank you very much. After some tries it seems that the SQL queries must be entered with neither Auth nor World server running, am I right?

Also I've been using the "official" launcher and server starter ([Release] Official EmuCoach Launcher + Server Starter v1.3) and sometimes (happened 4-5 times out of 50+) starting the Auth server before the World can make the Auth command window crash. So my question is: is better to start Auth server first and then World server, or the other way around, or there's really not much of a difference?

I've asked about SoloCraft and VASautobalance because I like dungeons, but I play this server solo or with (maybe) one or two other people

It's fine to have the Auth or world server running when you apply the MySQL queries, but you will need to restart the world server to apply the changes. (excepting a few that have a gm command, eg .reload creature_text)

When you are using the official launcher, and you start the MySQL, it takes a bit for it to fully start, so if you start the Auth or World servers too quick, they will crash because they cannot connect to the MySQL. If you checked the DBErrors.log when it happens, you will see it say something like: "ERROR Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)"

There isn't really a difference the the order you open auth or world, most tend to start the auth first because it loads quicker.

JohnTrave

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
If you checked the DBErrors.log when it happens, you will see it say something like: "ERROR Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)"
It was exactly that error, thank you again for the explanation :)

dolgan

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
It was exactly that error, thank you again for the explanation :)

Yeah, just means you are going to fast, and you need to let the MySQL server load.
It is essentially harmless and you can just keep trying to open the auth or world server until it stays open.