3.3.5 with working playerbots

icore

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I'm looking for a 335 patch realeas! works with pvp playerbot, if you have npc-bot for pve that's good.

I have tried the spp 335 v2 but it no longer works and old its not much works in it.

The best would be the latest trinity..

LongCat

Veteran Member
thank you, i just tryed the old version
Ok yeah. The new one has improvements for sure, but it has the potential to become unstable. Used it for years.
My only advice with the new version. If it starts crashing on you. Wipe all the bots out of the database. Delete them, their accounts, and repopulate it.
Hope it works well for you.

Last edited:

icore

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Ok yeah. The new one has improvements for sure, but it has the potential to become unstable. Used it for years.
My only advice with the new version. If it starts crashing on you. Wipe all the bots out of the database. Delete them, their accounts, and repopulate it.
ah yes, i tryed, No crash for 1 hour, then 2x after 2min , looked at log but don't know what happened, tried with less bot but random crash...

LongCat

Veteran Member
ah yes, i tryed, No crash for 1 hour, then 2x after 2min , looked at log but don't know what happened, tried with less bot but random crash...
It's kind of why I stopped using SPP.

I was using it for well over 12 years or so. I like to customize a lot. My own vendors, custom names for all the bots, custom guilds, custom tabards, even putting end bosses as all the warlock, mage, and hunter pets. lol (Btw, that's tons of fun. I recommend doing it. I will upload all the boss numbers soon. It's fun watching Ragraros run amok in PvP. ;) )SPP would delete my customizations all the time. It kept putting all the pets back to default. Pissed me off.

However, over the years, I found what worked on one version, would break in an update. They also don't archive older releases, so once it updates, it's that version for good, and the older one gets thrown away on their end. Hated that.

I've forever switched to EC. It has its own issues, but it's at least stable, and I can use GM powers if I need to get past an unscripted quest.

I could go on forever about SPP, and things I've experienced over the years.

icore

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
It's kind of why I stopped using SPP.

I was using it for well over 12 years or so. I like to customize a lot. My own vendors, custom names for all the bots, custom guilds, custom tabards, even putting end bosses as all the warlock, mage, and hunter pets. lol (Btw, that's tons of fun. I recommend doing it. I will upload all the boss numbers soon. It's fun watching Ragraros run amok in PvP. ;) )SPP would delete my customizations all the time. It kept putting all the pets back to default. Pissed me off.

However, over the years, I found what worked on one version, would break in an update. They also don't archive older releases, so once it updates, it's that version for good, and the older one gets thrown away on their end. Hated that.

I've forever switched to EC. It has its own issues, but it's at least stable, and I can use GM powers if I need to get past an unscripted quest.

I could go on forever about SPP, and things I've experienced over the years.

I can imagine it must have been very frustrating with all the crashes.

Yes the EC, 100% stable, but the bots are not as active, not human like, etc. Let's hope that one day the EC bots will be as good, and hope they make a wtlk for EC.

LongCat

Veteran Member
I can imagine it must have been very frustrating with all the crashes.

Yes the EC, 100% stable, but the bots are not as active, not human like, etc. Let's hope that one day the EC bots will be as good, and hope they make a wtlk for EC.
I would really enjoy a solid 3.3.5a server. I'd probably play it more tbh.

icore

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I would really enjoy a solid 3.3.5a server. I'd probably play it more tbh.
I tested a lots, if i use basic settings, and don't call all the alt character bots, no crash , basic settings only edited like xp,resu sick etc, no edited ai settings 8-9hours stable, without crash, cause i bored after 8 hours :D so i think if don't make many changes no crash, i don't use bots join to arena and auto wsg settings i think this is crash source... try one time if you want to wtlk i think stable with basic settgins, and they release a update too

nailz

Veteran Member

cheerz mate & thanks for your advice.

I also use the SPP repack from github cause I am looking for a stable BC server with playerbots and a well populated environment. actually the repack gives all of this but unfortunately it also have random crashes.

you said deleting the playerbots from DB and repopulating it by yourself will fix it and stop the crashes?
sadly I’m not super fit in sql. So do you have another version that you have repopulated with your own playerbots which works fine or can you help me with that? I can‘t fix it by myself and github community or google it doesn‘t seem to be helpful to fix the crashes.

a working and stable tbc server would be an absolute dream.

I found this issue post on their github and it seems that this is the exact reason for the crashes. could this easily be fixed?

Last edited:

LongCat

Veteran Member
cheerz mate & thanks for your advice.

I also use the SPP repack from github cause I am looking for a stable BC server with playerbots and a well populated environment. actually the repack gives all of this but unfortunately it also have random crashes.

you said deleting the playerbots from DB and repopulating it by yourself will fix it and stop the crashes?
sadly I’m not super fit in sql. So do you have another version that you have repopulated with your own playerbots which works fine or can you help me with that? I can‘t fix it by myself and github community or google it doesn‘t seem to be helpful to fix the crashes.

a working and stable tbc server would be an absolute dream.

I found this issue post on their github and it seems that this is the exact reason for the crashes. could this easily be fixed?

Ahhh yes, the memory leak. That has been in the code since the beginning. I'm going to say no, it can't be easily fixed. That is hard coded. I think SPP would be best used with just the playerbots, and not the randombots. It's the randombots that are crashing it. I was sad when I realised the PvP in SPP is what is broken. It can be played with the playerbots, thus making it a PvE game for dungeons only.

I would love a stable, pvp based TBC server. Emucoach would make money off me if they made it. :)