CLOSED 5.4.8 Blizzlike Mists of Pandaria - v1.7 - [EmuCoach's Official Repack]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipee

Verified Member
Hey, je test ce reconditionnement, gg pour votre travaille, j'espère que cela continue

cheewee

Verified Member
Apparently this repack is close to dead. It's been a year since it was started and you can't really do anything in it. All the MoP content seems to be broken. Not sure what work is being done on it, if anything. Waste of time to get the 10 required posts so I can download it. :'(

duffstone

Gold Supporter
Apparently this repack is close to dead. It's been a year since it was started and you can't really do anything in it. All the MoP content seems to be broken. Not sure what work is being done on it, if anything. Waste of time to get the 10 required posts so I can download it. :'(

Unfortunately you're right from a functional POV... creating new chars and they don't show up till relog, warewolf starting area doesn't work, didn't try panda, but lots of bugs... I've played better in the past, I just don't know what I did with them. LOL.

cheewee

Verified Member
Unfortunately you're right from a functional POV... creating new chars and they don't show up till relog, warewolf starting area doesn't work, didn't try panda, but lots of bugs... I've played better in the past, I just don't know what I did with them. LOL.

I ended up creating an account on Tauri Wow :-\ Unfortunately, MoP is not a popular expansion so it's hard to come by repacks for it. I just want to experience the content and then move on to a good WoD repack/private server once I'm done with MoP.

I just think it's ridiculous that someone referenced this EmuCoach repack on ac-web.org saying it's way better when it turned out to be just as bad or worse than the Apex Dev repack.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
I ended up creating an account on Tauri Wow :-\ Unfortunately, MoP is not a popular expansion so it's hard to come by repacks for it. I just want to experience the content and then move on to a good WoD repack/private server once I'm done with MoP.

I just think it's ridiculous that someone referenced this EmuCoach repack on ac-web.org saying it's way better when it turned out to be just as bad or worse than the Apex Dev repack.

Which did they reference? Cataclysm, or MoP. The MoP repack is a bit underdeveloped, but if "someone" referenced us, I'd hope they meant our Cata repack, which is pretty well/far developed. As for the MoP repack, Jack has quit work on it for a bit, and he may or may not return to it. As you stated, MoP is not a popular expansion, therefore the demand to update it isn't that high.

The 10 posts was a way for this repack to be released for free, and while trying to get the community to be more active, since most people prefer to download free things and leave without even saying "thanks."

does thois have bots?

No, this repack does not have NPC/Player Bots

cheewee

Verified Member
Which did they reference? Cataclysm, or MoP. The MoP repack is a bit underdeveloped, but if "someone" referenced us, I'd hope they meant our Cata repack, which is pretty well/far developed. As for the MoP repack, Jack has quit work on it for a bit, and he may or may not return to it. As you stated, MoP is not a popular expansion, therefore the demand to update it isn't that high.

It was MoP. I'd have to dig but it was on the DEV APEX MOP thread. Someone said it was WAY better, but obviously not. In the initial post Jack says the scripts, spells, etc. are working, as if it is an almost complete repack. That is obviously not the case. His initial post is misleading and he should get more specific about what is working. Basically, the database is built, but no work has been done yet towards working questing zones. Although I appreciate the free work these devs are putting in, it is important to be truthful, clear and upfront about progress and updates. If he came out and said "Hey guys, this is what has actually done and what is not working. I will work on it as much as I can, but I have limited time to spend on it" that would be a lot better than trying to promote it with lines like "Why this repack over others?" and then proceeding to claim that so much is working. It's deceiving, and makes me wish I didn't waste my time coming over to EmuCoach. It's poor representation of your site.

EDIT: Found It!! Someone named ozzmosis linked to Jack's repack. To be fair, the DEV APEX MoP project is dead now, but to link to another poor repack is just lame. Again, MoP is pretty much everyone's least favorite xpak, but to go on another site and boast another emu site's shitty repack is... shitty.

[5.4.8] Mists Of Pandaria Repack (Guarantee Daily Fixes) - Page 138

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
It was MoP. I'd have to dig but it was on the DEV APEX MOP thread. Someone said it was WAY better, but obviously not. In the initial post Jack says the scripts, spells, etc. are working, as if it is an almost complete repack. That is obviously not the case. His initial post is misleading and he should get more specific about what is working. Basically, the database is built, but no work has been done yet towards working questing zones. Although I appreciate the free work these devs are putting in, it is important to be truthful, clear and upfront about progress and updates. If he came out and said "Hey guys, this is what has actually done and what is not working. I will work on it as much as I can, but I have limited time to spend on it" that would be a lot better than trying to promote it with lines like "Why this repack over others?" and then proceeding to claim that so much is working. It's deceiving, and makes me wish I didn't waste my time coming over to EmuCoach. It's poor representation of your site.

EDIT: Found It!! Someone named ozzmosis linked to Jack's repack. To be fair, the DEV APEX MoP project is dead now, but to link to another poor repack is just lame. Again, MoP is pretty much everyone's least favorite xpak, but to go on another site and boast another emu site's shitty repack is... shitty.

[5.4.8] Mists Of Pandaria Repack (Guarantee Daily Fixes) - Page 138

That post doesn't mention this one being way better, and he posted that shortly after this one was released, which I would imagine he, at the time, had high hopes the repack would be kept up, and that's why he linked it.
This thread doesn't mention how much better it is than other repacks. There are no accurate percentages for basically any repack out there, except for 335's, so Jack didn't use them. It has each one of those features, and when it was released, Jack fully intended on keeping it alive.

There's a reason this repack is labeled as v1.7. I don't know if you've noticed, but the Cata VIP repack is v12 at the moment, and even it still has bugs and missing content.
You really shouldn't complain that you had to post 10 times in order to view a free repack, at least not publicly. If you want to complain about it's development progress, send a PM to Jack and let him know how you feel.

duffstone

Gold Supporter
Yeah, the vip 4.3.4 is what I was thinking about when I said I'd tried better. Memory gets fuzzy over time. Once I found the vip version, and updated to v12, I recognized quickly that it was cata, not MOP that I remembered. Still hoping for a good VIP version of MOP. Not that I care much about the MOP content, but rather cause I hate seeing stormwind and other places in ruin... MOP cleans all that up and it's pretty once again. :)

-Duff

Jack Sparrow

Gold Supporter
Senior User
I just got around to reading some of the messages, and you're right [MENTION=28253]cheewee[/MENTION], mostly everything is broken, however you have to consider, one person working on this in motivational freetime, vs a server like tauri-wow with dedicated team full time developers, may not result in the same outcome. You could always look at GitHub - ProjectSkyfire/SkyFire_548: SkyFireEMU is a full featured World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria emulator written in C++. || Compatible with World of Warcraft client 5.4.8 (Build: 18414) Project Established in 2011 for a somewhat active open-source project for MoP, but you may be disappointed. No i'm not trying to be like this is the best you will get, etc.. but the reason I wanted 10 posts, because people would just come once, download it, and leave forever. That's not how I wanted this project to be. Originally I intended to go like this, - release a repack, show off what i got, gain motivation from people being excited about it, etc. however while it did sort of start off like that. it quickly faded. There's a reason I don't want a VIP version of this repack, imo it would be entirely shitty to release one, while not being much better from this. It's not like I can randomly pull out an 80% working everything on a repack. Things need to be developed, and from scratch. Of course things can be ported from cata, but it doesn't always lead to the same outcome of working content. As for quests, that's probably the least priority, I need a proper base to work on, before I can start on content scripting, however please understand this has been a solo project for the most part since the beginning.

Thank you for reading.

Reactions: ExO

vladlen221

Verified Member
I just got around to reading some of the messages, and you're right [MENTION=28253]cheewee[/MENTION], mostly everything is broken, however you have to consider, one person working on this in motivational freetime, vs a server like tauri-wow with dedicated team full time developers, may not result in the same outcome. You could always look at GitHub - ProjectSkyfire/SkyFire_548: SkyFireEMU is a full featured World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria emulator written in C++. || Compatible with World of Warcraft client 5.4.8 (Build: 18414) Project Established in 2011 for a somewhat active open-source project for MoP, but you may be disappointed. No i'm not trying to be like this is the best you will get, etc.. but the reason I wanted 10 posts, because people would just come once, download it, and leave forever. That's not how I wanted this project to be. Originally I intended to go like this, - release a repack, show off what i got, gain motivation from people being excited about it, etc. however while it did sort of start off like that. it quickly faded. There's a reason I don't want a VIP version of this repack, imo it would be entirely shitty to release one, while not being much better from this. It's not like I can randomly pull out an 80% working everything on a repack. Things need to be developed, and from scratch. Of course things can be ported from cata, but it doesn't always lead to the same outcome of working content. As for quests, that's probably the least priority, I need a proper base to work on, before I can start on content scripting, however please understand this has been a solo project for the most part since the beginning.

Thank you for reading.

Bro pls,release a source of this good repack

Status
Not open for further replies.