PDA

View Full Version : Camera View on ground after dismounting until hearthstone or log off...

Pages : 1 [2]

Mr. Satan
10-14-2016, 03:36 AM
Has nothing to do with the issue mentioned, Mortow is talking about a possible bug in which his character is in first person camera mode after flight taxi or riding mount dismounting. If put back in third person (above the head) after said dismount his view is then looking at his feet.

I was giving him the commands so he doesn't have to create and level new characters up to 20. Don't worry, I didn't accidentally post the wrong thing :p

Iroflu was just explaining to me how to level up some characters to test other races to see if they had the same problem. I got some time tonight and tested a dwarf and a night elf. Both react the same way. I have tried mounting and dismounting in both 1st and third person view, same result. I generally play in 1st person and it sets my camera on the ground so I am looking at everyone else's feet. I can zoom out to third person view but the angle is off. I watched closely when zooming in and it places my camera view at just below my belt level instead of returning to head level. It by no means makes it unplayable just awkward in 1st person.

Oh in first person, I thought you meant in 3rd person, that it lowered the camera greatly so the 3rd person camera was about an inch from the ground.
I haven't actually seen the issue then, as I've never played in first person, so I can't really say if this is only you or not.

I misread your first post, which is why I said I've seen this bug before personally.
Sadly I don't have the laptop with all of my WoW stuff with me on hand, or else I'd test it immediately with the newest VIP version to see if it's fixed or not.

Until I can test it on 6.2, have you tested it on another client? It's possible it's just a client issue, but I wouldn't know since I'm not much of a WoW developer.

Mortow
10-14-2016, 07:38 PM
Another observation, if it helps any, whether you are in 1st or 3rd person view, when you mount, the view perspective does not change (as in get higher since you are sitting on a mount). When you dismount the camera angle is moving down and instead of going down from a higher vantage point to normal, it is moving the perspective from normal level to a lower one. As if the code is compensating for the dismount but not for the actual mounting. Hope that makes sense.

Mortow
10-16-2016, 06:59 AM
I tested on v6.2 tonight and it does the same as v6.0. It has to be a z-axis handler in the code. It takes in to account the lowering of the z-axis when you dismount but does not raise the z-axis when you mount up. After a dismount, the z-axis of the camera drops. If you mount once again, the z-axis of the camera does not raise and the view stays low so that when you dismount a second time, there is no change in the camera angle at all. This is most apparent in 1st person view.

I did try a different Cataclysm client that I had from before and same issue. I even tried a new account and character, thinking maybe something with old account or character was causing it, no luck.

eyerobot
02-07-2018, 01:52 AM
This is still an occasional problem. Three times my wife has made a female goblin, And after the fourth and goal quest she gets on her hot rod, And from then on her view is from foot level. I have found no solution, And I haven't been able to recreate it myself. Even morphing her hasn't worked. Mounting doesn't either.