vBulletin portal/homepage

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Having a portal/homepage for the site could really help navigation, and help people see the forum news quicker.
You can have a navigation panel where users can go directly to the forum they want to, and the news in the middle of the portal that shows the top 10 (by default) news from the designated forum.
All you have to do is point it to the news section, and it will automatically show them on the homepage. Either that, or it will only show new ones after that.

Here is a link to the specific one that I'm referring to:
http://www.vbadvanced.com/

I've used it several times before in website/forum development, and I've noticed a lot of other vBulletin sites have it as well.

You can either get it for free by putting in your vBulletin product code or key, or purchase it.
That's as long as they haven't changed it since I've last used it, which is a couple years ago.
You must reply before you can see the hidden data contained here.
Here's an expample of what it would look like before the site's theme is applied to it:
1251483464_bez-imeni-1.jpg

For some reason the image was uploaded to the site, and that's what the attachment is.
You can ignore it as its the same image above.

Attachments

• 1251483464_bez-imeni-1.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

ExO

Admin
Yeah this is quite interesting. I've recently thought about something like this as well, but never got to it. I'll see if I can get it implemented one of the upcoming days, or atleast start work on it.

Appreciated suggestion.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Yeah this is quite interesting. I've recently thought about something like this as well, but never got to it. I'll see if I can get it implemented one of the upcoming days, or atleast start work on it.

Appreciated suggestion.

If you need help setting it up or have any questions about it, I might be able to help, as long as not too much has changed since I've last used it. Just send me a private message on the forums with maybe a screenshot to show what you're talking about, but no guarentee I'll know the answer, sadly.