Undead Starting Zone - BEYOND THE GRAVES Fix

pedroevil51

Gold Supporter
Senior User
Ok, i found this bug and fixed, there was a problem with the npc flag, he was not giving the quest to players.

UPDATE creature_template
SET
npcflag=2
WHERE entry=1740

eyerobot

Gold Supporter
Superior Member
Well, The server that i was using until yesterday was slightly out of date, So when i ran that area I wouldn't have run into that problem. So it's a good thing your redoing it. I also ran the goblin orc and troll starter areas, And gnome and dwarf. If you want to give those a once over as well. Other than a few new problems that got introduced into the server recently, I think were pretty good on the starter areas. And in case anyone doesnt know, The goblin quest where you get the big helmet, and have to return to town in a box, will crash the server, But i havent tested it on 8.0 yet. And the town in a box plunger will kill you cause the parachute doesn't work. It also needs retested.

Sometimes someone will write a fix that looks good, And for some odd reason there will be an sql query that will do something stupid, Like set the npcflag wrong on an npc that has nothing to do with their fix. That was probably the case this time too. Maybe a typo in their query or something. That's why i generally let my tools write the queries for me, So i don't cause more work for myself.