To those using Kodi build to watch shows. The famous Wookie build is no more.

Methusalem

Gold Supporter
Senior User
Kodi lets you watch movies, TV shows, sports, almost anything with a good build. My favorite was the Wookie build. 1 of the main developrs passed away awhile back, and I recently noticed the Wookie community has shut down. I still use it, but you cannot get anything new, or update the wookie build any longer. The Wookie community was much like here. A friendly, and helpful community, and it is a great loss to fighting the "media greed crones" in todays world. The build was alwas up to date on it's addons, and worked flawlessly. To those who know what I am talking about. A moment of respect, hats, off, prayers. Whatever you do, for these folks. I think their loss disenhearted them to the point they simply shut down. To those who don't know what Kodi, or Wookie is? You can google it. Kodi is still being actively developed, and there are MANY builds for Kodi. They allow you to watch almost anything free! Kodi itself does not provide direct builds. Only the base program to add your builds to. I watch season shows such as The Walking Dead, and get to watch episodes often weeks before the pay sites such as Netflix provides them. Also often movies still in theatres, or currently being sold on Blueray & DVD. To me? Buying these are a waste of money, period. I have a horrible memory & STILL cannot watch even the BEST of movies more than 2 times in the same year? lol Besides, there are builds/addons that allow downloading these things to your hard drive?

[NOTE] When choosing a build, and addons for Kodi. READ THOROUGHLY about the build/addons, and user reviews, and I don't mean 1 clown on uTube. read the comments below the video, and also google whatever build he is hawking yourself before using it? There are many addons/builds laced with addons that will try to force to to go to a website, and register, or "pair your device"? You can close those when they pop up in available searches to, and let Kodi search the rest of the providers of the content. . They WANT MONEY! Delete them from your build, and remove their search engines. You can chose which search engines to use in your "settings" within Kodi & your build choice. You can also add/tremove addons in the settings as well. There are MANY helpful video's/info pages out there to do this. There is no need to pay. :p I am not providing links, as there are hundreds of builds. Google Kodi. Mark their web site. Get the build you need for your machine. Then google Kodi builds & addons, and chose what suits you. Common sense, and diligent searching IS you BEST FRIENDS in this venture. Have fun. And make sure to fight for NET NEUTRALITY! As loss of that would destroy everything in the end. Even accessing this web site here for many of us. :)

Last edited:

ExO

Admin
Kodi is an awesome tool. It's even free.

The only annoying thing is that some of the sources tend to get outdated / removed / stop working, and have to get replaed.

Methusalem

Gold Supporter
Senior User
That is true. You have to keep at em to update. But i seriously watch about 4-5 episodes of the walking dead before netflix even has them. weeks before often. :D hee hee :)