Regarding Mount Hyjal

Methusalem

Gold Supporter
Senior User
I just wanted to ask if anyone was messing with the Mount Hyjul Chain quest? I know there are a lot of [phased] differences depending on how far you are [or aren't] in the quest lines there. It's still a mess there. Any good news relating to that [general area]? :)

That area has got to be a nightmare for a dev... lol So not expecting any miricles. :D

Last edited:

eyerobot

Gold Supporter
Superior Member
As far as i know, Nobody is on Hyjal at the moment. Were reworking a lot of the lower areas due to major code changes. This helps us make those areas more blizzlike. If you haven't already, Make as many detailed bug reports as possible about the problems there, So we know what to look for. This also means, Missing or non working cosmetic items as well. Even silly things like a child that gets chased by bees is getting fixed. So the more you include the better.
There are lots of things about the game that i may not notice, Or might not ever have known. So throw as much in there as you can remember. We will fix Hyjal though, It's just a matter of time.

Methusalem

Gold Supporter
Senior User
As far as i know, Nobody is on Hyjal at the moment. Were reworking a lot of the lower areas due to major code changes. This helps us make those areas more blizzlike. If you haven't already, Make as many detailed bug reports as possible about the problems there, So we know what to look for. This also means, Missing or non working cosmetic items as well. Even silly things like a child that gets chased by bees is getting fixed. So the more you include the better.
There are lots of things about the game that i may not notice, Or might not ever have known. So throw as much in there as you can remember. We will fix Hyjal though, It's just a matter of time.

I will as soon as I get my meds in. I will try to get my better half on. She knows that area very well. I know it is extremely broken. Not sure where to begin tbh? lol But will try soon. I promise. Thank you for replying. :)

eyerobot

Gold Supporter
Superior Member
Right now, I'm waiting for the new emucoach wiki to be finished. This will include all the new smart script commands that have been added to the server. With these commands, We can make a huge number of C++ scripts obsolete. Which is a good thing, Because i've read through tons of them, And their pure crap in my opinion. I don't know where they originated, But they aren't anything resembling blizzlike.
So i'm kind of just doing bug reports that don't involve those commands, As i don't have all the data on them yet.
But, I see no reason whatsoever that Mt Hyjal can't be exactly blizzlike. As long as the spells are all working, Were good.
If you run into anything you can't fix, Just post it. And someone will most likely jump on it.