Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
[Name, Type] Realm First - Level 85 'Class', Achievements
[What it does] Upon getting to level 85, instead of getting just realm first level 85 Mage, I got all Realm First level 85 class achievements.
[What it should do] I should only recieve the Realm First - Level 85 Mage achievement

https://i.gyazo.com/a8e5b1d9de8391a0551b29c088edd805.jpg

It's possible I got this by using .levelup and accidentally going over 85, since I forgot Cataclysm stops at 85 instead of 90. I was at level 82 and did .levelup 5, which why I'm level 87 in the screenshot. I don't believe this is the case though, but I guess it's possible.

Also, is there a way to remove those achievements, so my other actual characters can recieve the achievements still?

Last edited:

raist77

Veteran Member
[Name, Type] Realm First - Level 85 'Class', Achievements
[What it does] Upon getting to level 85, instead of getting just realm first level 85 Mage, I got all Realm First level 85 class achievements.
[What it should do] I should only recieve the Realm First - Level 85 Mage achievement

https://i.gyazo.com/a8e5b1d9de8391a0551b29c088edd805.jpg

It's possible I got this by using .levelup and accidentally going over 85, since I forgot Cataclysm stops at 85 instead of 90. I was at level 82 and did .levelup 5, which why I'm level 87 in the screenshot. I don't believe this is the case though, but I guess it's possible.

Also, is there a way to remove those achievements, so my other actual characters can recieve the achievements still?

Using 6.1, the characters on my server all got the correct Realm First achievements. I also stopped at 84 and added a full level of XP - 1 point. It seems that if you .levelup to the level cap (85 in this case), you will still continue to gain XP beyond 85 and eventually will level to 86, etc, etc. The only way to prevent this is to stop at 84 and give out the full level of XP -1.
I have noticed some very buggy things that happen to characters that go "out of bounds" in level, professions, etc. It is very possible that being level 87 caused your issue.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Using 6.1, the characters on my server all got the correct Realm First achievements. I also stopped at 84 and added a full level of XP - 1 point. It seems that if you .levelup to the level cap (85 in this case), you will still continue to gain XP beyond 85 and eventually will level to 86, etc, etc. The only way to prevent this is to stop at 84 and give out the full level of XP -1.
I have noticed some very buggy things that happen to characters that go "out of bounds" in level, professions, etc. It is very possible that being level 87 caused your issue.

I guess you're right. I just wanted a character for testing purposes, but I made that mistake and ended up ruining the achievement goal for my other characters.
Hopefully I can find out how to remove it. Thanks for telling me that, I'll make sure to pay close attention in the future.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member

raist77

Veteran Member
Thanks, [MENTION=1]ExO[/MENTION]! Eventually I'm gunna try to go for all achievements on my characters, and not having those 'First Level 85' achievements would really mess with that.

I started working on the Classic Dungeonmaster and plan on working my way through all of those achievements. I've been able to catch a few bugs here and there rather easily just going through the vanilla stuff. In terms of bugs/troubleshooting, playing "like a player" can make all the difference Lol

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
I started working on the Classic Dungeonmaster and plan on working my way through all of those achievements. I've been able to catch a few bugs here and there rather easily just going through the vanilla stuff. In terms of bugs/troubleshooting, playing "like a player" can make all the difference Lol

I definitely agree there. I'm not much of a dungeoneering person, at least not solo, and I don't have many people who'd be willing to play it, if they even could. Thankfully I don't run into many bugs, and the ones I do run into, I can usually fix it with simple commands, like .npc add #MissingNPCID, or .npc delete, or even .gobject add #MissingObjectID.

Edit: I guess this is considered solved, so I'm moving it to the solved bug reports.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.