[NOOB] Changing Guard Models

Baphomet

Veteran Member
Could anyone tell me, or direct me to a resource to learn, how I might go about changing the Kor'kron Guards in Undercity back into Abominations?

Many thanks from a Forsaken who hates Garrosh's lackeys in my capital city!

ExO

Admin
You can do that by changing the data in the database, creature_template, modelid1/2/3.
Otherwise you should be able to do it ingame by typing .npc set displayid XX

For that, you need to find the displayid that you would like to change it to, and the entry of the guards (which you can find by selecting the npc and type .npc info)

Baphomet

Veteran Member
You can do that by changing the data in the database, creature_template, modelid1/2/3.
Otherwise you should be able to do it ingame by typing .npc set displayid XX

For that, you need to find the displayid that you would like to change it to, and the entry of the guards (which you can find by selecting the npc and type .npc info)

So I didn't have any trouble changing the appearance in the database, but my efforts to change the name of the model seems to be meeting with failure. I changed the name in the Creature Template, but I haven't found any other place to rename. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Jack Sparrow

Gold Supporter
Senior User
So I didn't have any trouble changing the appearance in the database, but my efforts to change the name of the model seems to be meeting with failure. I changed the name in the Creature Template, but I haven't found any other place to rename. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Delete the "Cache" folder in your wow directory, or increment (increase by 1) the cache_id in the "version" table (that way other players won't have to delete their cache folder), and restart the worldserver :)