New install can't launch Auth and World

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Hi folks!
So I installed a new copy of Windows 10. My laptop's sole purpose is to run the server, lid closed, and propping up my router (Cat6 from laptop to router).
So, brand new Win10 install. I have the latest Repack running perfectly on a Windows 7 laptop, but that one is my work laptop and can't always be available to serv... So this older laptop with new Win10 install is my … server. Problem is, I keep getting these same errors it was getting when it ran Win7. I get the msvcp.dll and msvcr.dll errors. I've installed the 2008 and 2015 C++ redists. And I can't install .NET because Win10 says it already has a newer version than 4.7.2. (sigh)
So I'm at a loss here. I had an epic fail getting it to run on this laptop when it was a cluttered copy of Win7, and not it's a fresh copy of Win10 (Home).
Can somebody help me out? Has anybody else had Windows 10 issues getting the Emucoach Repack to run?
Any tips at all are appreciated.
Aescleal

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Hi, try to uninstall all VCS and install this package - https://www68.zippyshare.com/v/EO5CY5as/file.html
Don't forget to copy .dll binaries into your core folder. [MENTION=20068]Aescleal[/MENTION]

Thanks Vannworld! I did had those installed after I deflated the .rar files and did the setup. But when it didn't work I installed newer versions... still didn't work.
So now I did what you recommended, and it's working great! I must have done them in wrong order or too soon. I did recognize that the msvc*.dll files weren't where I expected them to be (System32), and I had to go digging for them. So now I've got a clean OS and a clean installation, and it's running awesome thus far.
Thanks everyone who's helped me over the past week or more. This is a solid community! Going forward I hope I can return the favor!

Inc

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Emucoach is the best emu community, no doubt!

Last edited: