MoP VIP 5.4.8 - Repeatedly Crashing

VeritasGC

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Not sure why, but my MoP VIP 5.4.8 worldserver.exe is crashing a ton all of a sudden. Is there any specific log I can provide for someone to take a look at and let me know if there's anything I can do?

VeritasGC

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Here are the crash dumps and server logs.

Attachments

• b68e46b75dc3+_worldserver.exe_[3-2_11-19-43].zip
    123 KB · Views: 127

VeritasGC

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Likon69 helped me on Discord, THANK YOU!

Ultimately, it was due to some database customizations I had applied that the worldserver didn't like. I recreated the mop_world database schema back to default and the crashes seem to have stopped.

Those customizations were in place for about 2 weeks, but suddenly started causing frequent crashes.

VeritasGC

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
So actually, it wasn't the customizations. This is still happening with a completely fresh install.

The error I am getting is:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION Fault address: 00007FFDF1EE965D 01:000000000000865D C:\World of Warcraft Server\Release_MOP_VIP_1.0_EMUCOACH\libmysql.dll

Anyone know what the fix is?

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Sorry, 5 days later. Have you solved this? I don't have an obvious answer, but I've had servers die a similar death in the past. The only way I recall it changed was that I re-downloaded the whole server from Emucoach.com and started on a fresh server (OS install). Windows has a long memory! When things get corrupt, they are hard to fix some times.

It's worth it to keep a backup of your databases and .conf files.

ExO

Admin
Please provide information as to:
- How frequent it happens
- How many players that are on
- If you do anything particular ingame

VeritasGC

Gold Supporter
Verified Member

So the frequency definitely increases with more players on. With about 20 players and 250 bots, it was happening anywhere between 5-30 minutes consistently. It seems to mostly happen when Battlegrounds end, although I can't be 100% positive that is what is causing it, it sure seems so.

However, it also crashes when no players are on at all as well.

The server itself is Windows 10 with 32GB of RAM, and the process consumes between 5-8 GB depending.
Sorry, 5 days later. Have you solved this? I don't have an obvious answer, but I've had servers die a similar death in the past. The only way I recall it changed was that I re-downloaded the whole server from Emucoach.com and started on a fresh server (OS install). Windows has a long memory! When things get corrupt, they are hard to fix some times.

It's worth it to keep a backup of your databases and .conf files.

Unfortunately it is still happening. I did actually switch to a brand new host since with a completely fresh download and install of the OS, as well as the associated server and database files, but it didn't make a difference.

VeritasGC

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
One more thing to add, last night I once again completely wiped and left all setttings in the worldserver.conf files at default, and the same crash continues to happen. :(

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
One more thing to add, last night I once again completely wiped and left all setttings in the worldserver.conf files at default, and the same crash continues to happen. :(
Did you resolve this yet? I'm now getting nightly crashes also. A quick reboot, and 3-4 players can log in and play for hours, but through the night the server crashes when no players are logged in.

In my case I'm running the server in Wine, as Windows 10, on a Ubuntu host. The server has 16gb ram and plenty of disk space. I assumed it was something related to Wine and I've been following that line of thinking, but maybe it's not.

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
HI ExO.
For my server, these answers are:

- nightly
- zero, just 50 player bots
- no active players

alanoi201

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Verified Member
1- Passive lunar eclipse crash - druid
2 - Login some players crashes
3 - First Crash Siege Boss

My partner is in the hospital very badly with covid, if he couldn't help more
Some bots when changing maps crash

Last edited:

janusz

Trial Member
Likon69 helped me on Discord, THANK YOU!

Ultimately, it was due to some database customizations I had applied that the worldserver didn't like. I recreated the mop_world database schema back to default and the crashes seem to have stopped.

Those customizations were in place for about 2 weeks, but suddenly started causing frequent crashes.

How did you fix it? I am just installing my own server and I immediately have a problem with worldserver.exe. I have the same error: b68e46b75dc3+_worldserver.exe_