.modify reputation broken or am I confused?

windygamer

Verified Member
I'm used to the following commands:
Code:
.lookup faction orgrimmar
[select self by clicking on badge at top left]
.modify reputation 1127 exalted
but I get

Code:
Faction Orgrimmar (Alex Test) can't have reputation

And when I try Darkspear it seems like it actually works, but when I look in my reputation panel nothing has changed.
Code:
Faction Darkspear Trolls (530) reputation of [Traveler] was set to 42000!
Traveler is my toon name, so that looked like it worked.

View attachment WCat_2016_04_28_07_24_00_716xx.jpg
Is this my problem, or do we know about this?

Stroiass

Verified Member
From what I've seen, some of the factions have double IDs, testing factions if you will. It is most likely that you've tried to modify the reputation with the test faction rather than the orgrimmar faction itself, which has the faction ID 76. Hope this helps :)

Stroiass

Verified Member
And for the second issue, it seems that after doing the command, the reputation on the reputation panel remains unchanged, but after relogging, it should fix it. Not sure if this is working as intended or not :D

windygamer

Verified Member
Oh I see

And for the second issue, it seems that after doing the command, the reputation on the reputation panel remains unchanged, but after relogging, it should fix it. Not sure if this is working as intended or not :D
I hope not. WotLK updates instantly. Guess the WCat server neglects to send the message to update the client.

Guess I'll use a less complete .lookup faction commands from now on. If I use .lookup faction orgri I see both and can tell it's a test faction.

Thanks all,
wg