What's new

I'm not good with a MoP, apparently!

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Hi Folks. It's been a while. But in the past I've done a lot of experimenting with different Emucoach CATA installs, and I've probably built close to 40 Emucoach Cataclysm servers if I count both Windows and Linux installs.

Now I'm back from a long hiatus, and I'm all updated and running Cataclysm v15 server just wonderfully. ... But as much as I try to install Free version of MoP, I keep getting this stupid error when I launch authserver.exe (on a Windows 10 Pro virtual machine). (Fresh Win10pro VM running on QEMU/KVM, Virtual Machine Manager on Arch/KDE).
The VM server has:
2 cores
16GB ram
200GB disk volume

I've installed the OpenSSL that comes with the MoP download
I've installed all 32 and 64 bit MS VC++ updates from 2008 - 2015-19
MySQL server starts and runs, no errors (no logs).

But I'm missing something.

I get:
The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b).
Click OK to close the application.

Where to start?

If you've read this far, thanks in advance! I'd really appreciate any insight you may have.

Could it be a directory structure problem? I'm out of ideas. But I'm tired too. So, ya!

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
Superior Member
Hi Folks. It's been a while. But in the past I've done a lot of experimenting with different Emucoach CATA installs, and I've probably built close to 40 Emucoach Cataclysm servers if I count both Windows and Linux installs.

Now I'm back from a long hiatus, and I'm all updated and running Cataclysm v15 server just wonderfully. ... But as much as I try to install Free version of MoP, I keep getting this stupid error when I launch authserver.exe (on a Windows 10 Pro virtual machine). (Fresh Win10pro VM running on QEMU/KVM, Virtual Machine Manager on Arch/KDE).
The VM server has:
2 cores
16GB ram
200GB disk volume

I've installed the OpenSSL that comes with the MoP download
I've installed all 32 and 64 bit MS VC++ updates from 2008 - 2015-19
MySQL server starts and runs, no errors (no logs).

But I'm missing something.

I get:
The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b).
Click OK to close the application.

Where to start?

If you've read this far, thanks in advance! I'd really appreciate any insight you may have.

Could it be a directory structure problem? I'm out of ideas. But I'm tired too. So, ya!
It's a dll problem for sure. Try to use this one. I take them in my MoP repack https://mega.nz/file/CUwkGDRD#09a6M36-03jfqICNoi_12xJ07blg5CoXaxHENgeDLWE
Did you check that OpenSSL is installed correctly?

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
Superior Member
Sweet! Now I'm one stop closer. Thanks for the Likon69! Freakin AWESOME!
Just a little IP problem to resolve I think. Authserver starts now but world can't connect to mysql. World won't let my "desktop" connect. It's a work in progress! LOL
Glad we're making progress. Try to check that you have downloaded everything and put it in the right folder.
1.png

But at the game you can connect?
For the database do you use the right id/code? root;ascent

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Glad we're making progress. Try to check that you have downloaded everything and put it in the right folder.View attachment 2082

But at the game you can connect?
For the database do you use the right id/code? root;ascent
Yes and Yes! Thanks for making sense of that for me! Man I had MoP messed up. :)

So it runs, but only as localhost 127.0.0.1 in all respects. Now, this is indeed the free version, but Is that intentional? If so, can anybody verify mac clients can connect and launch, before I commit to the VIP version? Thanks! :)
Game plan here is to get the new VIP MoP and run a server that would support 4-5 macs. I just want to be confident our macs can connect and play.
Thanks!

Likon69

Mythical User
Silver Supporter
Superior Member
Yes and Yes! Thanks for making sense of that for me! Man I had MoP messed up. :)

So it runs, but only as localhost 127.0.0.1 in all respects. Now, this is indeed the free version, but Is that intentional? If so, can anybody verify mac clients can connect and launch, before I commit to the VIP version? Thanks! :)
Game plan here is to get the new VIP MoP and run a server that would support 4-5 macs. I just want to be confident our macs can connect and play.
Thanks!
The repack is multilingual.
with a mac client it should work perfectly. Because nothing changes on the client side.
For the realmlist you have to modify it in the database. But you in any case can connect to 127.0.0.1 if you run the server on your machine.
I hope I'm not talking nonsense.

Aescleal

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
The repack is multilingual.
with a mac client it should work perfectly. Because nothing changes on the client side.
For the realmlist you have to modify it in the database. But you in any case can connect to 127.0.0.1 if you run the server on your machine.
I hope I'm not talking nonsense.
Great, that's super. I'm picking up the MoP Premium now. I'm happy this doesn't rely on Arctium launcher.