how do I get people outside of my IP to connect

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
I am not really sure where to ask this, so I am sorry if it is in the wrong area of the forum

My PC is running a stock copy of Windows 7, and while I can connect to localhost, even on my internal network, nobody can connect. It will load, show a server list, but won't allow you to connect to the realm. I am wondering if there is a firewall setting I need to fix. It will connect, login, and show a server list, you click connect, and it says "connecting" then bounce back to the list. I put my PC on the DMZ of my router, so that isn't the issue

EDIT: This is all anybody sees, I have Windows Firewall disabled completely on my PC, and all the ports are connecting. I upgraded from 6.0 to 6.2 and I can play locally. I have tried this from all 3 PCs in my LAN and my friend's PC who lives like 60 miles away as well. Like there is nothing wrong with the network, I can successfully tun a Minecraft server as well. I followed the directions to a T, I gave people my external IPV4 address. I have no clue what to do and I am a pretty fart smeller.

View attachment IMG_20161004_224118.jpg

Last edited:

KoroLion

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
I am not really sure where to ask this, so I am sorry if it is in the wrong area of the forum

My PC is running a stock copy of Windows 7, and while I can connect to localhost, even on my internal network, nobody can connect. It will load, show a server list, but won't allow you to connect to the realm. I am wondering if there is a firewall setting I need to fix. It will connect, login, and show a server list, you click connect, and it says "connecting" then bounce back to the list. I put my PC on the DMZ of my router, so that isn't the issue

http://www.emucoach.com/showthread.php?208-Making-your-server-public

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
I may have to buy a new router but I doubt it's bad, it's 6 months old and, while heavily used, still works. I can't even connect on my home network, but I am able to play on my PC so it is leading me to think it is some Windows 7 setting somewhere. I just want to play with my wife and close personal friends. I don't want to run a website or anything.

With 6.0, side note, amazing work on getting all the quests as they were in 4.3.4 wow I mean both sides seem to have every quest, every class and talent seems to work 100%. I sincerely want to buy vip to support yall. Great work on the best Cata repack I have ever seen.