How can I use HeidiSQL?

Trikky

Trial Member
Hi, in the guide on how to make your server public using hamachi, it says that I need to change some things with HeidiSQL. How do I use this program? Keep in mind I have like no knowledge of SQL or anything :) thanks <3

ExO

Admin
Hi Trikky.
Are you following this tutorial?:
http://www.emucoach.com/showthread.php?41-How-to-make-server-public-with-Hamachi-Guide!

You simply just open it and follow the step on here:
Now you need to set your hamachi ID to the server realmlist. Go into your DB, HeidiSQL or Navicat, you can use them both. After you logged in, you will see a word called "Auth" click on that, and then click on "realmlist" and edit your "address" It will say 0.0.0.0 now, edit it to your hamachi IP, and save it. (You will have to do that or this wont work. (You can also change your realm name there. Your HeidiSQL or navicat is not needed now, you can close it, it doesn´t matter.

Are you having issues with it, need it more explained? Because I can do so.

Also, to your connection problem please check out this tutorial/fix:
http://www.emucoach.com/showthread.php?197-Windows-7-64-can-t-go-past-quot-Connect-quot-HOW-TO-FIX

Hope it helps!

mikster234

Trial Member
im having a issue with connecting to the Database fully, the only database i can see with HeidiSQL is information_schema, i dont see any other database, but when i log on with MYSQL Workbench 6.0 CE i see all databases, just cannot edit the users access permissions or anything that could be done with HeidiSQL, what am I doing wrong? the login information used is the same for both programs
Here is a video showing you what i mean.

chocochaos

Verified Member
Well, to start, you are using navicat and not HeidiSQL. I would recommend using Heidi instead, you can get it from http://www.heidisql.com/ .

Furthermore, you are connecting with the user auth. I'm guessing that user doesn't have the appropriate permissions to view the databases. Try connecting as root and check if you can see the databases then. If you can, you can grant permissions to all databases with the following query:
Code:
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'someuser'@'somehost';

Of course, that's not the best idea for security. If you're going to set up users you probably want to be a bit more restrictive. You can read more about granting privileges to users here.

EDIT: also, in the future consider creating a new thread instead of replying to an existing one. Especially when your issue is completely different from the original poster's problem.

Last edited:

mikster234

Trial Member
i showed in the video for Heidisql i wasnt able to see it at time frame 1:37 i was still not able to access the full database with ROOT access, i dont know how to fix/bypass that
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
###UPDATE###
i appologize i see what your saying, i changed my username, was reading my configuration settings wrong Thanks choco

Last edited:

mikster234

Trial Member
ive hosted the server to LAN only, now my friend on a LOCAL connection only via ADHOC network is able to connect see my realm and attempt to connect, but as soon as he trys server kicks him, why?