help with the data base

gui113r

Verified Member
hi, i would like to know if there is in any place of the BD where the area that the player is, the name of that area.

the reason is, the web i've made, i have an online info, where you can see how many people is at the server, and the players playing at the server, the level, and the area that is at, but i don't know how to put the name of the area instead of the number.

i've tried to find it at the data base were that id is associated with a name, but i could.

Do you know were i can find the name of each id area?

thanks.

ExO

Admin
Hey there,
I honestly have a really hard time understand what you mean, could you maybe try to explain it a little bit further?

I'm not sure if it's only me who has a hard time understanding what you mean.

xaryon

Senior User
Veteran Member
If I understood it correctly, you want to know which part of database holds the info about characters' info, am I right? Because you have a website which shows that info and you want to see actual data instead of numbers, etc.
In conclusion, you want to know how to connect your website with database to see characters' info on specific page. Is that correct?

Green

Verified Member
Database : emucoachw -> instance_template this table gives the instance zone id's inc names.

But i dont have any luck in finding the ZoneId conversion table. When i find it ill post it here.

gui113r

Verified Member
well let me try to explain better, sorry if i cant, my english is not that good... :S

well when you are playing in the game, you can see players that are online and in what zone they are at, i would like to do the same with my website, but i don't know where i can find that info in the DB.

something like this, but in my website:
View attachment who_list.2.jpg
View attachment web.jpg

thankx alot for all you help.

Last edited:

ExO

Admin
Sorry for my slow reply, I totally forgot to answer this.

Are you still in need of help, or have you solved the issue yourself?

ExO

Admin
Have you considered changing website?
I know for example that FusionCMS and AzerCMS has this added in their websites.

It's something they have created and you would need to know PHP to create it yourself on the website, if it doesn't have it added already.

Hope I was clear enough.

chocochaos

Verified Member
Information like map, zone and area ids comes from WoW's internal database files, the dbc files. All emulators use these files to extract information from, since it would be mostly useless to duplicate it in their own databases.

If you need information from dbcs, you could either program your website to actually read from those dbcs (relatively slow and probably quite some work) or you could extract the information you need from the dbc files yourself (google for a dbc extractor/viewer) and then add it to a mysql database yourself.

More information on this specific dbc file: http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/AreaTable.dbc

gui113r

Verified Member
Have you considered changing website?
I know for example that FusionCMS and AzerCMS has this added in their websites.

It's something they have created and you would need to know PHP to create it yourself on the website, if it doesn't have it added already.

Hope I was clear enough.

I thought about that option, but i'm kind of having fun making the page with PHP.

Information like map, zone and area ids comes from WoW's internal database files, the dbc files. All emulators use these files to extract information from, since it would be mostly useless to duplicate it in their own databases.

If you need information from dbcs, you could either program your website to actually read from those dbcs (relatively slow and probably quite some work) or you could extract the information you need from the dbc files yourself (google for a dbc extractor/viewer) and then add it to a mysql database yourself.

More information on this specific dbc file: http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/AreaTable.dbc

i'll try to do it with the dbc extractor/viewer.

thanks a lot for all your help.