Dragonwrath legendary staff

darthy

Veteran Member
Verified Member
Hello EmuCoach staff. I tested Dragonwrath, Tatecgosa's rest staff ingame (VIP v13). Correctly, it should have a chance to duplicate a harmful spell. For example: Mage fires a Pyroblast and the staff effect sends another Pyroblast with the same damage. I saw it on another blizzlike project, where it duplicates direct damage spells like Pyroblast, Soul Fire, Frost Bolt, Ice Lance and more... There is an effect in SpellEffect.dbc called "trigger spell copy" which is somehow scripted or installed in the core to work... The staff's duplicating spell uses this spell effect.

According to the Spell.dbc, the staff has another side effect - it casts instant blasts of arcane damage (Wrath of Tarecgosa - spell) on the target (with some chance to proc). It is correct, but these blasts are somehow calculated from other caster's damaging spells and seem to be pretty strong. I saw on another project where the duplicating effect worked and the arcane damage effect was weaker because of the balance with the duplicating spell. I am not sure how it should be correct, maybe you have more info about this. Do you plann to somehow repair the duplication effect?

BTW the v13 server works pretty well, nice job. :)
Best regards
Darthy

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
I moved this thread to this section (https://www.emucoach.com/forums/section/cataclysm-reports.51/)
This is the correct location for reporting bugs, otherwise developers might not see it in time, if ever.

While I'm not a developer. the repack is meant to be 100% blizzlike in the long run. So if it is blizzlike, I would imagine the devs would fix it