Can't connect to server

Hanskelmannen8

Trial Member
Authserver keeps saying -updating realmlist- whenever i start it or when i try to log in. when i log in on wow i get to the realmlist but its stuck on connected. Have tried most of the different fixes around on this site with no luck.

Endafy

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
MoP Premium
Veteran Member
You have to edit the auth sql database for your external ip addresses. I set my external ip to my ip that I get on the modem and for local ip it's what I set the static ip to (192.168.1.40 yours will vary) i suggest hedi sql, it's free and gets the job done.

Here's a video explaining the setup process.

TheKillerChicken

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Also make sure that the mysqld.exe is not I/O thrashing as that can cause you to be stuck at connected. Get process hacker, then monitor the mysqld and see if the I/Os are high or not. If that is not the issue, then perhaps you did not set the /mop_auth/realmlist address to your local IP. You will need an SQL editor to access the database. If you have no idea what you are doing, back it up first BEFORE you attempt to modify anything just in case you modified something wrong. I learned how to use the SQL database the hard way with an old 2013 TrinityCore Wrath of the Lich King repack and I nuked it many times learning.