Bug: Quest "Unusual Activity" is broken

poktor

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
[Name, Type] Quest, Unusual Activity, 11886
[What it does] For this quest you travel to the Zoram Strand, where a Twilight Camp should be, containing cultists. You need to steal correspondence from them. When arriving at the Zoram Strand however, there is no trace of the camp and it's cultists. To get more information, you were given a totem, "Totemic Beacon", that should summon a guide in beast-form to help you. The totem doesn't work, the beast doesn't appear.
[What it should do] At the Zoram Strand, you should find some cultists, from which you can loot the correspondence. The totem should summon a beast, that asks you for your freshly-looted correspondence.
[Database version] V7
EDIT: That's funny, i suddenly ran into the Earthen Ring Guide, the beast that was summoned by the Totemic Beacon. The beast had appeared, but on the other side of the water, near the Zoram'Gar outpost. This should be corrected to the Zoram Strand, just south of the entrance to Blackfathom Deeps, where the cultists are.

NB: completing the follow-up quest "Inform he elder" proved challenging, as there was no elder present in the capital cities, as promised by the quest. The quest marker however, points to a location where an elder should be, but in reality, there isn't. I tried Stormwind and Darnassus. In Stormwind i found nothing. In Darnassus however, i found a big rat, who appeared to be an elder and let me finish the quest, but only after i did a GM on. With GM off, the rat wouldn't respond to anything.

Last edited: