[6.3] Hamstring Spell Crashes Server

ExO

Admin
That's interesting. Will have a look at it tomorrow. It crashes each time you use the spell? Weird though, didn't make any changes to it I think.

But thanks for letting me know btw.

Gilroes

Veteran Member
Verified Member
That's interesting. Will have a look at it tomorrow. It crashes each time you use the spell? Weird though, didn't make any changes to it I think.

But thanks for letting me know btw.
Yes, every time I use the spell, it's currently a issue with my server as people are using it to purposely crash the server, is there a way to disable it from being used?..

ExO

Admin
Will create a hotfix when I get on my pc so I can code it. Until then, disables table handles it. (Written on phone as its an urgent issue):
sourcetype = 0
Entry = spell id
Flags = 1

rest 0. Disable it until then and you can expect a hotfix asap.

ExO

Admin
Hm odd. I really can't seem to reproduce. Can you give me a video or details?
https://gyazo.com/af3ade57bb40dfb87b17d4166e68360b

I checked the thing. Overall, it looks fine, however if you can provide some sort of details I can easily debug it better. It's just that I can't reproduce it, which makes it a lot harder to 1), catch the issue, 2) fix, 3) know if I actually fixed it. (Since I can't test, as it doesn't crash for me)

UPDATE!:
I've sent you a PM with a new worldserver that should have this fixed. I re-coded the hamstring code either way, completely, and this shouldn't occur anymore. Please download the new worldserver and test it, and let me know! :)

Best Regards.

ExO

Admin
@brian8544
It's a good point hah, but it can't screw up this one as it's only movement related ones, like too fast movement, hamstring does the opposite actually :D It's a core coding issue, which I probably fixed now.

@LewisPotato
UPDATE:
I've sent you a PM with a new worldserver that should have this fixed. I re-coded the hamstring code either way, completely, and this shouldn't occur anymore. Please download the new worldserver and test it, and let me know! :) Once it's confirmed, I will upload as hotfix for the VIP users interested in this.

Best Regards.