Setting up LAN MOP VIP V2 - Stuck on Connecting

Russkie47

Trial Member
So the basis of the problem is; setting up server for LAN play (server machine and client machine, both on same router/network) doesn't seem to work. Servers (SQL/Auth/World) are all up and running, I edited the DB via heidiSQL to set the address in realmlist to my LAN 192.168.0.53, set the config in the client to point to the same address, stopped and restarted the server numerous times, still no dice on connecting.

As further info, I can connect to my server machine for other repacks (TBC/WotLK) as well as from other games servers (City of Heroes/Everquest) so I know my machines are talking. And even though it's LAN, on the off chance, I did forward Ports 8085 and 3724 on my router just in case that was worth anything. So far hitting my head against the wall trying to figure this one out, so any guidance is appreciated.

EDIT: Wanted to post an update to this in case anyone makes the same bone-headed mistake I did;

When starting the .exe files (auth server/worldserver), I selected during the firewall prompt for Private Connections only (so as to only allow connections via LAN) and disabled Public Connections. What I didn't realize was that my router on my server machine was set as "Public", so it kept denying any attempt from my primary machine to my server machine. After just tweaking the Firewall settings to allow public, it was fixed.

TL;DR - Firewall issues

Last edited: