Returning to emulators/repacks after a decade...

mikeulator

Verified Member
Hi all, as the title suggests I'm way out of date on the latest and greatest emulators and repacks. Last I spun up was Jeutie's repack of 3.3.5a running on TrinityCore (still have that VM and it works great). I mostly did it because I hated some of the environment changes introduced in Cata and I wanted to be able to stroll around the old 'hood... as well as just mess around. Played retail up to Legion, enjoyed it for the most part, returned for a few months to try DF but I just don't have the desire to play that much to justify a sub and all that.... despite loving dragons and it did introduce that new riding mechanic. Soooo.... I know it's still pretty new but was wondering if there were any good repacks out for it yet (I'm assuming not). Also curious if there are any Legion (or newer) ones. And honestly, I'm also trying to get the post count to unlock this one: https://www.emucoach.com/forums/thr...k-wow-legion-7-3-5-repack-blizzlike-fun.6945/

Looking for suggestions on getting trustworthy clients at the correct versions (if they aren't linked with the repacks), too. If any devs are reading this post, your efforts are truly appreciated.

I'm also generally curious as to whats going on in the wow emulation space.

mikeulator

Verified Member
I guess I shall see if regular ol' comments will satisfy the need to be able to comment on certain posts.

mikeulator

Verified Member
When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton.

mikeulator

Verified Member
Bilbo was very rich and very peculiar, and had been the wonder of the Shire for sixty years, ever since his remarkable disappearance and unexpected return. The riches he had brought back from his travels had now become a local legend, and it was popularly believed, whatever the old folk might say, that the Hill at Bag End was full of tunnels stuffed with treasure. And if that was not enough for fame, there was also his prolonged vigour to marvel at. Time wore on, but it seemed to have little effect on Mr. Baggins. At ninety he was much the same as at fifty. At ninety-nine they began to call him well-preserved ; but unchanged would have been nearer the mark. There were some that shook their heads and thought this was too much of a good thing; it seemed unfair that anyone should possess (apparently) perpetual youth as well as (reputedly) inexhaustible wealth.

mikeulator

Verified Member
‘It will have to be paid for,’ they said. ‘It isn’t natural, and trouble will come of it!’

But so far trouble had not come; and as Mr. Baggins was generous with his money, most people were willing to forgive him his oddities and his good fortune. He remained on visiting terms with his relatives (except, of course, the Sackville-Bagginses), and he had many devoted admirers among the hobbits of poor and unimportant families. But he had no close friends, until some of his younger cousins began to grow up.

mikeulator

Verified Member
The eldest of these, and Bilbo’s favourite, was young Frodo Baggins. When Bilbo was ninety-nine he adopted Frodo as his heir, and brought him to live at Bag End; and the hopes of the Sackville-Bagginses were finally dashed. Bilbo and Frodo happened to have the same birthday, September 22nd. ‘You had better come and live here, Frodo my lad,’ said Bilbo one day; ‘and then we can celebrate our birthday-parties comfortably together.’ At that time Frodo was still in his tweens, as the hobbits called the irresponsible twenties between childhood and coming of age at thirty-three.

mikeulator

Verified Member
Twelve more years passed. Each year the Bagginses had given very lively combined birthday-parties at Bag End; but now it was understood that something quite exceptional was being planned for that autumn. Bilbo was going to be eleventy-one , 111, a rather curious number, and a very respectable age for a hobbit (the Old Took himself had only reached 130); and Frodo was going to be thirty-three , 33, an important number: the date of his ‘coming of age’.

fredhawkins

Trial Member
I'm interested to learn if your strategy worked out for you.

At least you were quoting something worthwhile.