[Protect your Server] // Setup your Website with Cloudflare

XBOTX

Mythical User
Gold Supporter
This guide will explain you why you should handle your Website-traffic through Cloudflare.

What is Cloudflare?
Cloudflare is a network solution, where you can basically "hide" your IP behind Cloudflare servers, as a sort of proxy solution.

Why is Cloudflare useful?
Cloudflare is basically a middle protection, which means that from the visitors, it will look like your website is hosted through Cloudflare as that handles the traffic after it's set-up, but in fact, your server is simply "behind" Cloudflare which makes your real server (your webhost/vps/dedicated) behind Cloudflare harder to detect. On top of that, your website might be faster after setting up Cloudflare as it has different CDNS set-up on the server. Note, this is free to set-up.

The downside is however that you cannot have the TrinityCore protocol behind Cloudflare without paying a high fee, which is not worth it.
This means that the people trying to harm your server, can always resolve and find your server IP through your gameserver, but at least this protects the website part.

How do you set up Cloudflare?
You need to create an account at Cloudflare, change your nameservers to Cloudflare at your domain provider and then log into the Cloudflare and correct the DNS records to your server.
After waiting some time for the DNS to update, your website will be behind a Cloudflare Proxy.

// Questions? Feel free to ask below!

ExO

Admin
Its valid to A traffic?? And compatible=?

Yes, as Zhool mentions it's valid to several records. You just can't use it with the worldserver/authserver traffic on a free Cloudflare account.

RENERS

Verified Member
Oh thanks i dont knew! I use only from websites to filter traffice, i think that not work with A - TCP/IP

ExO

Admin
Oh thanks i dont knew! I use only from websites to filter traffice, i think that not work with A - TCP/IP

It won’t, you can’t use it on TCP / UDP through the free Cloudflare plan. They only allow it on the paid one