Mysql connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathlyend

Verified Member
heey all,

i want to get connection to my mysql server so i dont need to use teamvieuwer al the time doesnt work that handy is it possible to make it so i can loggin with ip address instead of localhost so i can connect from my pc to that pc with the mysql on it.

i have thos ports from mysql open in my router ut cant connect yet

thanks for support ;)

kind regards deathlyend

neccta

Veteran Member
Log in with your root MySQL account and then run this query. (Make sure you scroll over to see the entire query).
Replace the red words with the information you need. Also keep in mind the percentage sign %, means that the account can be accessed from any IP. If you want to make the connection more secure you can change it to your IP.
Code:
CREATE USER '[COLOR="#FF0000"]username[/COLOR]'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY '[COLOR="#FF0000"]password[/COLOR]';
GRANT EXECUTE, PROCESS, SELECT, SHOW DATABASES, SHOW VIEW, ALTER, ALTER ROUTINE, CREATE, CREATE ROUTINE, CREATE TABLESPACE, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, CREATE VIEW, DELETE, DROP, EVENT, INDEX, INSERT, REFERENCES, TRIGGER, UPDATE, CREATE USER, FILE, LOCK TABLES, RELOAD, REPLICATION CLIENT, REPLICATION SLAVE, SHUTDOWN, SUPER  ON *.* TO '[COLOR="#FF0000"]username[/COLOR]'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Reactions: ExO

deathlyend

Verified Member
how do i exactly log in as root on mysql.
sorry noobish question iam pretty new to it

thanks for support

ps. do you mean just go in the database of the server?

update

i have done the script in de server and now if i use ip i can logging with my created account
but when i am logged in i dont see the databases how csn i fix this ?

Last edited:

deathlyend

Verified Member
heey there,

thanks for the vid the second i saw i could add it with a window so i could give acces it wroked ty for helping me everyone.

thanks alot!!

kind regards deathlyend

Status
Not open for further replies.