Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
A Few Suggestions

Before I begin, I just want to appologize for suggesting a lot. I hope you don't get the wrong idea with all of these suggestions. I'm only stating what I think could possibly benefit the site either now, or in the long run. Or just to have cool featues, because who doesn't love those.
These are simple suggestions, along with why I think they would benefit the site, and I completely understand if you don't like any, or all, of my suggestions.

Forum Sections/Categories:
Java section in the programming category - This is a really good, and fun, language to learn and to use. I personally love the language, and would love for a section to share releases or tutorials, etc. I also imagine that a lot of other people like Java, and would love to learn it, or share their own releases. (Added)

Addition to the gaming discussion category - I understand if this isn't added for a while, but I just want to point it out just in case. More popular games should be added to the category to bring in all sorts of new people. Let them talk about games like League of Legends, Overwatch, Call of Duty, etc. I feel that sections like these will really help the community grow, as it helps people to talk about something other than WoW or emulation.

Change the support section - This goes hand in hand with another suggestion further down this post with a Tech Support rank. This isn't really necessary until the site grows a bit bigger. However, it would be better to have something like a support category, or child sections in the support section, to branch to all different types of problems, such as: WoW problems, General Support (for life's general tech problems, not neccessary but still a good option), if any other emulations are added then support for those, etc. The reason I say to add this later is because right now, there isn't really much for support except for the WoW server and whatever else may be posted to the website outside that category, so general support.

More Emulation Options:
I saw a post in the post by Welzon here about more game servers, and my immediate thought was RuneScape. Back when I loved RuneScape, I also loved the private servers. They were really fun, and at the time (I think), they were pretty popular. They're starting to die down now, but I think given the opportunity, people can love them again. Now there is a way to play old RuneScape, just like there *might* be a way to play vanilla WoW, but it doesn't mean there shouldn't be WoW private servers, as they provide something unique. We don't have to host a server, as people would generally think about doing when it comes to runescape, but we could just make an official server and client that's mostly finished and stable, along with providing other people the resources to post their servers/clients as well. This is a website based off emulation, so why does it have to be bound to just one server/repack?
Edit: I found a previous suggestion here by Smokey, and with Zenc's reply, it helps explain it a little bit as well. Somewhat repetitive, but still. In my honest opinion, I believe that adding the option for extra emulation servers can help increase the community, so people aren't bound to just WoW emulation.

More Ranks:
Tech Support rank - As the site grows, some people will have problems with their servers, or anything else for that matter. A Tech Support rank could really help, as it's a rank specifically meant for helping people solve problems, that way the community has a solid foundation on support, and doesn't have to rely on random members of the community to help them, which sometimes doesn't happen. Basically, this rank will go throughout the entire forums, but mainly the support section, and help people solve their problems and answer any questions, preferably before someone has to ask.

News Rank - I notice that the news section doesn't really get updated often. Personally, when I see a site for something I really want (Ex: WoW private server repack), I base how much I trust the repack, or if I'm even going to try it, off of how often/the last time it's updated. If a site is updated frequently with news (I don't know what news would be added as of right now, though), I'm going to trust that site, knowing that it's still up to date. Basically, all this rank does it keep posting news updates in the news section, making it look styled, well-written, images, etc to keep the users informed, while also doing it with style.

Forum Addons: (Sadly, I can't remember the name for these addons)
Spell checking - I think this is kind of obvious why it needs to be added, as it's kind of annoying not knowing if I spelled something right or not.

Auto-Posting-Font (Something like that) - I remember either a setting in vBulletin, or an addon, that let people change the default font color, style, size, etc, in their profile settings, for whenever they post throughout the forums. This way, when I, for example, go to reply to a post, would like to have a set font to use. However, because it's so annoying to change it every time, I don't. I figure it would be nice to have. I understand if this feature if for VIP only, because it's primarily customization.

Changing the Time format setting - The current time format on posts and threads will tell you either however many hours ago, or the exact date it was posted. Meaning, if I post something today (6/28/2016), then wait a weak, if I look at the time posted, it will specifically say 6/28/2016. In my opinion, seeing "1 week ago" looks a lot more professional, and recent, than an exact date. Obviously by the time it reaches a couple months it would change to the exact date, but until then it would say "Two days ago", "1 week ago" "1 month ago", etc. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it looks a lot more recent when I come onto this forum and see things posted "1 week ago" rather than seeing all these dates for 6/15/2016, 6/01/2016, etc, and possibly confusing them with 6/28/2015. (Implemented)

Permission Changes:
Signatures - This is based off what I've seen in a lot of other forums. This doesn't benefit me, as I'm VIP, so I have access to the signatures already. I just feel that by limited normal users from having signatures, they're not allowed to do much. I fully understand needing incentive for people to buy VIP, but honestly, the only reason I donated was to help the site, and to get access to the VIP section/repack, not so I could have a signature. Now, I can also 100% understand limiting this feature to a point, though. Meaning, a normal user, maybe with 10+ posts ore more, showing they might stay, just like with the chatbox, they're allowed to create a signature, but a generally small one, like within 200 characters or something, then VIP gets either the current limit they have now, or a small increase.
That's really the only VIP feature that I'd suggest be changed a bit, other than that I agree on all of them, as I do understand that you need other reasons for people to donate.

Again, sorry if I'm suggesting way too much, or if it seems like I'm trying to enforce any changes on this site. I'm just posting what I feel may help the site, and I 100% understand if you disagree with any/all of these.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExO

ExO

Admin
Thank you for your suggestions, Iroflu.

As of a start, I've added a Java section, and implemented the Time format settings so it's more user friendly, really good idea actually.
The Tech & News Rank could be a good addition, I just need to see if I or Zafire still have the PSD of these ranks.

About the Gaming sections,
I do agree that more games means more possibility for people to have their favorite game added in section, but I am also worried about making it a section-mess with no posts, because obviously most of the members are here for wow emulation, so I think we must start, step by step, instead of adding all at once. Perhaps a couple of more popular game sections, but you get the point.

Rest of the suggestions will be looked into asap.

I'd also like to state it is in no way too much, you can never suggest to much, as long as it's serious suggestions :p

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Thank you for your suggestions, Iroflu.

As of a start, I've added a Java section, and implemented the Time format settings so it's more user friendly, really good idea actually.
The Tech & News Rank could be a good addition, I just need to see if I or Zafire still have the PSD of these ranks.

About the Gaming sections,
I do agree that more games means more possibility for people to have their favorite game added in section, but I am also worried about making it a section-mess with no posts, because obviously most of the members are here for wow emulation, so I think we must start, step by step, instead of adding all at once. Perhaps a couple of more popular game sections, but you get the point.

Rest of the suggestions will be looked into asap.

I'd also like to state it is in no way too much, you can never suggest to much, as long as it's serious suggestions :p

Thanks for adding the Java section, now I just have to think about what tutorial to post there :confused:

Also thanks for everything else as well, and looking into the other suggestions.

About the gaming sections, I completely understand, and if I didn't mention adding it later, I should have. I agree it shouldn't be added now, as there would just be too much forums with not enough members to fill them.