Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
[Name, Type] Duplicate NPC (FIXED)
[What it does] There are 2 of the exact same NPC's, "Kasim Sharim"
[What it should do] There should only be one npc
https://i.gyazo.com/3454625e347363577e94179f832bd2d5.png

[Name, Type] Bloodstone teleporter, Object, Teleportation (FIXED - Thanks to Rhisk & Iroflu)
[What it does] The bloodstone teleporter inside and outside serpent's coil in blasted lands does nothing, and does not teleport you anywhere.
[What it should do] It should teleport you to the other teleporter for ease of getting in and out of the cave instead of fighting your way through.
https://i.gyazo.com/364cc7dff3894a178fb6222bdfbc9cfd.png

[Name, Type] Hidden Moving NPC Object
[What it does] An abandoned bloodwash crate object, which is also a quest giver, moved around and is also hidden. There is no crate, just a floating name.
[What it should do] The crate should be there, and also sit on the ground and not move.
https://i.gyazo.com/13ea0ec3ae6a2a977d5e40d3855ebb15.png
It's still possible to get the quest, which is good, but you have to catch up to it first, which is the problem. And to get the quest, you have to click its name.

[Name, Type] Quest, NPC
[What it does] For the quest, "The Future of the Rockpool" involving the abandoned bloodwash crate object I mentioned in the previous bug, I was unable to drag the crate back to the water, so I had to cheat the quest using .quest complete, but then apparently there is supposed to be some NPC in the water where you finish, or an auto complete quest once you get there, but when I arrive to the question mark on the map, I start getting fattigued for being too far out from the land, so I had to .quest reward.
[What it should do] I should be able to drag the crate after recieving the quest, then I should either auto-complete the quest, or there should be an npc once i get the crate to the location.

[Name, Type] Quest, NPC
[What it does] The NPC, "Salt-Flop", for the quest "The Amulet of Sevine" does not even have the option of completing the quest, so there is no way to recieve the amulet without .quest complete.
[What it should do] "Salt-Flop", after you complete the quests for his friend that he sends you to, is supposed to give you the amulet, but only after completing those quests for his friend.
https://i.gyazo.com/0a2a3e1ca11ee7ff82e544a68747ceb8.jpg

[Name, Type] Duplicate NPCs (Are you sure about that? I checked several sources and it indicated that there were two spawns of them)
[What it does] There are 2 of the exact same NPC's, "Shahandana near the dark portal"
[What it should do] There should only be one npc
I know I have GM mode on for this picture, but that is only so that the surrounding enemies don't attack me so I can take the screenshot. The two NPC's are still there even without GM mode.
https://i.gyazo.com/e6eb467e1a0f4774875c879afac6a902.png

[Name, Type] Quest, Object
[What it does] The Horde plans for the alliance quest "Watching our back", and possible vice versa for the alliance plans, near the dark portal are activatable, but cannot be picked up/examined. It only plays the animation until I cancel it. It also does not update the quest tracker, so the only way to complete it is the .quest complete command.
[What it should do] I should be able examine the horde plans, thus updating the quest tracker, then I can complete the quest.
https://i.gyazo.com/87abf5557aaeec906ed842295f2e935e.png

[Name, Type] Quest, Object
[What it does] There is no chest inside the cave in Blasted Lands to pick up Loramus' Head. The cave is the one I'm at on the map:
https://i.gyazo.com/df0e4717080a0961ac8d0a68bdc1dc38.png
[What it should do] There should be a chest inside the cave containing Loramus' head to complete the quest.

[Name, Type] Quest, Missing NPC (FIXED)
[What it does] For the quest, "Surwich", the npc, "Mayor Charlton Connisport" inside Surwich, to complete the quest is not there.
[What it should do] The npc should be in the village/town of Surwich to complete the quest, and possibly give out more quests.
https://i.gyazo.com/c9fdb6877294f0d307bcc42115d7d8e5.png

[Name, Type] Quest, NPC
[What it does] For the quest, "The Altar of Storms" to revive the npc "Loramus" using parts of his body, after reviving him, I cannot talk to him, and the quest tracker is not updated. He is resurrected instantly, but I'm supposed to defend him while he is being resurrected. Only way to complete it is .quest complete.
[What it should do] The quest tracker should be updated, and apparently I'm supposed to defend him while he is being resurrected.
https://i.gyazo.com/7ca376e2c04caeb404afd49424c098d2.jpg
I'm not too sure about the quest, but here is the link from wowhead:
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26162/the-altar-of-storms

[Name, Type] Quest, NPC
[What it does] For the quest, "The Altar of Storms", to complete it you have to talk to Loramus after resurrecting him. He was not there before, or after the quest completion.
[What it should do] Loramus should be there (even before the quest, since it isn't a phase) to complete the quest.
https://i.gyazo.com/07c58f4a11195f8c8b10a4321d58e50c.png

[Name, Type] Quest, NPC
[What it does] For the quest, "You are Rakh'Likh, Demon", I talk to the Deathly Usher, but I'm not given an opportunity to go up to the top of the mountain to kill Rakh'Likh. I use gm fly to go to the top, and he is not there, either. Also the NPC that gave me the quest (sorry, I forgot his name) does not follow me/head that way.
[What it should do] The deathly usher should take me to the top, and Rakh'Likh should be there for me to fight. Either that or the npc that gave me the quest is supposed to spawn him there when he is with me and should've followed me.
https://i.gyazo.com/bfdf2db662ec0c9c2d687488c77ecd34.jpg

[Name, Type] NPC, Faction (Should be fixed now)
[What it does] While I'm in Honor Hold, the nearby gryphons try to attack me every now and then. They enter combat then immediately leave combat. I even tried deleting one of them but once I got near the area, it came back. I turned GM mode on to see what might be doing it, and I saw the trip wires and guard posts or whatever that I'm guessing picks up when a horde player or npc is nearby and spawns a gryphon to kill them. I'm obviously not a horde, as seen in the picture:
https://i.gyazo.com/31e58dc4a4ec0a2a7b85449ace30efcf.png
Edit: This also happens in the Temple of Telhamat, so it's more than just one location.
Thankfully they never actually hit me, as they leave combat just before anything happens.
[What it should do] The gryphon riders should not attack me at all, even if for a split second

Will edit this post and add more if I see any as I quest through blasted lands

Last edited:

Rhisk

Senior User
Veteran Member
You always can delete duplicate npc using this script in your world db:

Code:
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @entry := [COLOR="#008000"]000[/COLOR];
[COLOR="#0000CD"]DELETE FROM[/COLOR] `creature` [COLOR="#0000CD"]WHERE[/COLOR] `id` = @entry LIMIT [COLOR="#008000"]x[/COLOR];

Change 000 for the creature entry and x for the number of times repeated minus 1.

Example for npc Shahandana spawned 2 times:
Code:
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @entry := [COLOR="#008000"]41165[/COLOR];
[COLOR="#0000CD"]DELETE FROM[/COLOR] `creature` [COLOR="#0000CD"]WHERE[/COLOR] `id` = @entry LIMIT [COLOR="#008000"]1[/COLOR];

This only works if it is assumed that the NPC is spawned 1 time only.

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
You always can delete duplicate npc using this script in your world db:

Code:
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @entry := [COLOR="#008000"]000[/COLOR];
[COLOR="#0000CD"]DELETE FROM[/COLOR] `creature` [COLOR="#0000CD"]WHERE[/COLOR] `id` = @entry LIMIT [COLOR="#008000"]x[/COLOR];

Change 000 for the creature entry and x for the number of times repeated minus 1.

Example for npc Shahandana spawned 2 times:
Code:
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @entry := [COLOR="#008000"]41165[/COLOR];
[COLOR="#0000CD"]DELETE FROM[/COLOR] `creature` [COLOR="#0000CD"]WHERE[/COLOR] `id` = @entry LIMIT [COLOR="#008000"]1[/COLOR];

This only works if it is assumed that the NPC is spawned 1 time only.

Usually I just use .npc delete while selecting the duplicated npc, but I'm reporting the bug so that it can be fixed. It's not too much of a problem since in these two occasions I've only seen each about once or twice, so it doesn't really bother me.
Plus, all yesterday I was mainly focused on reporting bugs, so I reported any I saw, which included those duplicated npcs.
Thanks though, if they aren't fixed in the next version I might end up using that code to fix it personally just for looks.

Rhisk

Senior User
Veteran Member
For the problem with the teleport can be solved with a SmartGameObjectAI:

Code:
[COLOR="#008000"]-- The entry of the gameobject[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @entry := 000;
[COLOR="#008000"]-- The coordinates[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @map := 000;
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @x := 000;
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @y := 000;
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @z := 000;
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @o := 000;

[COLOR="#0000CD"]UPDATE[/COLOR] `gameobject_template` [COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] `AIName`="SmartGameObjectAI" [COLOR="#0000CD"]WHERE [/COLOR]`entry`=@entry;

[COLOR="#0000CD"]DELETE FROM[/COLOR] `smart_scripts`  [COLOR="#0000CD"]WHERE[/COLOR] `entryorguid` = @entry [COLOR="#0000CD"]AND [/COLOR] `source_type` = 1;
[COLOR="#0000CD"]INSERT INTO[/COLOR] `smart_scripts` (`entryorguid`, `source_type`, `id`, `link`, `event_type`, `event_phase_mask`, `event_chance`, `event_flags`, `event_param1`, `event_param2`, `event_param3`, `event_param4`, `action_type`, `action_param1`, `action_param2`, `action_param3`, `action_param4`, `action_param5`, `action_param6`, `target_type`, `target_param1`, `target_param2`, `target_param3`, `target_x`, `target_y`, `target_z`, `target_o`, `comment`) [COLOR="#0000CD"]VALUES[/COLOR] 
(@entry, 1, 0, 0, 64, 0, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 62, @map, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 7, 0, 0, 0, @x,@y,@z,@o, 'your comment');

Use .gps to optain the coordinates that supose the gobject teleport you and set the correct values. After you can post your solution here.

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
For the problem with the teleport can be solved with a SmartGameObjectAI:

Code:
[COLOR="#008000"]-- The entry of the gameobject[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @entry := 000;
[COLOR="#008000"]-- The coordinates[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @map := 000;
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @x := 000;
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @y := 000;
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @z := 000;
[COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] @o := 000;

[COLOR="#0000CD"]UPDATE[/COLOR] `gameobject_template` [COLOR="#0000CD"]SET[/COLOR] `AIName`="SmartGameObjectAI" [COLOR="#0000CD"]WHERE [/COLOR]`entry`=@entry;

[COLOR="#0000CD"]DELETE FROM[/COLOR] `smart_scripts`  [COLOR="#0000CD"]WHERE[/COLOR] `entryorguid` = @entry [COLOR="#0000CD"]AND [/COLOR] `source_type` = 1;
[COLOR="#0000CD"]INSERT INTO[/COLOR] `smart_scripts` (`entryorguid`, `source_type`, `id`, `link`, `event_type`, `event_phase_mask`, `event_chance`, `event_flags`, `event_param1`, `event_param2`, `event_param3`, `event_param4`, `action_type`, `action_param1`, `action_param2`, `action_param3`, `action_param4`, `action_param5`, `action_param6`, `target_type`, `target_param1`, `target_param2`, `target_param3`, `target_x`, `target_y`, `target_z`, `target_o`, `comment`) [COLOR="#0000CD"]VALUES[/COLOR] 
(@entry, 1, 0, 0, 64, 0, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 62, @map, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 7, 0, 0, 0, @x,@y,@z,@o, 'your comment');

Use .gps to optain the coordinates that supose the gobject teleport you and set the correct values. After you can post your solution here.

Here is what I came up with that seems to work:
Code:
SET @entry := 203752;
SET @map := 0;
SET @x := -11214.675781;
SET @y := -3508.891357;
SET @z := 8.113672;
SET @o := 2.600742;
UPDATE `gameobject_template` SET `AIName`="SmartGameObjectAI" WHERE `entry`=@entry;
DELETE FROM `smart_scripts`  WHERE `entryorguid` = @entry AND  `source_type` = 1;
INSERT INTO `smart_scripts` (`entryorguid`, `source_type`, `id`, `link`, `event_type`, `event_phase_mask`, `event_chance`, `event_flags`, `event_param1`, `event_param2`, `event_param3`, `event_param4`, `action_type`, `action_param1`, `action_param2`, `action_param3`, `action_param4`, `action_param5`, `action_param6`, `target_type`, `target_param1`, `target_param2`, `target_param3`, `target_x`, `target_y`, `target_z`, `target_o`, `comment`) VALUES 
(@entry, 1, 0, 0, 64, 0, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 62, @map, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 7, 0, 0, 0, @x,@y,@z,@o, 'Teleport outside Serpents Coil');

SET @entry := 203753;
SET @map := 0;
SET @x := -11313.419922;
SET @y := -3441.641113;
SET @z := 7.467743;
SET @o := 1.486258;
UPDATE `gameobject_template` SET `AIName`="SmartGameObjectAI" WHERE `entry`=@entry;
DELETE FROM `smart_scripts`  WHERE `entryorguid` = @entry AND  `source_type` = 1;
INSERT INTO `smart_scripts` (`entryorguid`, `source_type`, `id`, `link`, `event_type`, `event_phase_mask`, `event_chance`, `event_flags`, `event_param1`, `event_param2`, `event_param3`, `event_param4`, `action_type`, `action_param1`, `action_param2`, `action_param3`, `action_param4`, `action_param5`, `action_param6`, `target_type`, `target_param1`, `target_param2`, `target_param3`, `target_x`, `target_y`, `target_z`, `target_o`, `comment`) VALUES 
(@entry, 1, 0, 0, 64, 0, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 62, @map, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 7, 0, 0, 0, @x,@y,@z,@o, 'Teleport inside Serpents Coil');
There's supposed to be some kind of "attuning" with the crystals before you can use them, it's part of the quest, so I'm not sure of adding this in there will remove that or not, but it at least fixed the teleportation part of it, so thanks!

Now, should I also post this in the database fixes section?

Is there somewhere I can learn this stuff, so I can learn to fix more of these bugs? I would love to help the development of the repack, even with small things like this.

Reactions: ExO

ExO

Admin
@Iroflu & Rhisk, thanks for the contribution! :)

Your bugs are noted and I'm fixing some as we speak.
Regarding your learning question, well not specificelly, however I came across a very useful guide made by some database developers, where you can get A LOT of information regarding it. You may skip the first pages about MySQL generally if you wish since that part is not specifically made for wow emulation.

If you have any questions, let me know!
http://saistudio.tk/tutorial/guide_atlantiss.pdf

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
@Iroflu & Rhisk, thanks for the contribution! :)

Your bugs are noted and I'm fixing some as we speak.
Regarding your learning question, well not specificelly, however I came across a very useful guide made by some database developers, where you can get A LOT of information regarding it. You may skip the first pages about MySQL generally if you wish since that part is not specifically made for wow emulation.

If you have any questions, let me know!
http://saistudio.tk/tutorial/guide_atlantiss.pdf

Thanks! I've been looking more into it just by self-learning, but I haven't gotten very far.
I'll read into this, and hopefully I'll be able to help the development of the repack, even if its just a little