Bug: Quest Putting their heads together is broken

poktor

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
[Name, Type] Desolace, Thunder Axe Fortress, quest Putting their heads together
[What it does] In this quest you have to collect 100 bleached skulls from piles inside the fortress. The piles are there, but you can't pick up any of them
[What it should do] You should be able to collect 100 bleached skulls from the piles, they are needed for a summoning ritual. You need to kill the summoned beast Nazargen. Then you can finish the quest.

Last edited:

OMGhixD

Gold Supporter
Epic Member
[Name, Type] Desolace, Thunder Axe Fortress, quest Putting their heads together
[What it does] In this quest you have to collect 100 polished skulls from piles inside the fortress. The piles are there, but you can't pick up any of them
[What it should do] You should be able to collect 100 polished skulls from the piles, they are needed for a summoning ritual. You need to kill the summoned beast Nazargen. Then you can finish the quest.

this is a game object? if so can i have an object id and object name?

Last edited:

OMGhixD

Gold Supporter
Epic Member
It didnt exactly fix the issue for me. However my character is 85 and has always been which can conflict in several things

Try to run this SQL Query to see if it fixes the issue.

SQL QUERY

UPDATE item_template SET Faction = 1735, type = 3, flags = 48, questItem1 = 48953 WHERE entry IN(SELECT item FROM gameobject_template WHERE entry = '195535');

how to install

open heidisql / navicat

Enter the Text which is in a qoute into the SQL QUERY Text Box

Run the SQL Query Command

Delete Folder in your WoW Main Directory named "Cache"

Run WoW.exe, Login and retry to take the quest. See if the Object is now Clickable and lootable with item 195535

Last edited:

poktor

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
It didnt exactly fix the issue for me. However my character is 85 and has always been which can conflict in several things

Try to run this SQL Query to see if it fixes the issue.

SQL QUERY

how to install

open heidisql / navicat

Enter the Text which is in a qoute into the SQL QUERY Text Box

Run the SQL Query Command

Delete Folder in your WoW Main Directory named "Cache"

Run WoW.exe, Login and retry to take the quest. See if the Object is now Clickable and lootable with item 195535

strange.. i get "Unknown column 'item' in 'field list'" when i run the query. I use MySQL Administrator b.t.w. Is that a problem?
It's no big deal if the quest can't be fixed now b.t.w, there's plenty of other things to do in WoW so take your time. :)

OMGhixD

Gold Supporter
Epic Member
strange.. i get "Unknown column 'item' in 'field list'" when i run the query. I use MySQL Administrator b.t.w. Is that a problem?
It's no big deal if the quest can't be fixed now b.t.w, there's plenty of other things to do in WoW so take your time. :)

Nono. i fucked up! :p

Run this one first

DELETE FROM gameobject_template
WHERE entry='195535';

then this one

INSERT INTO `gameobject_template` (`entry`, `type`, `displayId`, `name`, `IconName`, `castBarCaption`, `unk1`, `faction`, `flags`, `size`, `questItem1`, `questItem2`, `questItem3`, `questItem4`, `questItem5`, `questItem6`, `data0`, `data1`, `data2`, `data3`, `data4`, `data5`, `data6`, `data7`, `data8`, `data9`, `data10`, `data11`, `data12`, `data13`, `data14`, `data15`, `data16`, `data17`, `data18`, `data19`, `data20`, `data21`, `data22`, `data23`, `data24`, `data25`, `data26`, `data27`, `data28`, `data29`, `data30`, `data31`, `unkInt32`, `AIName`, `ScriptName`, `WDBVerified`) VALUES (195535, 3, 293, 'Bleached Skullpile', '', 'Collecting', '', 1735, 48, 1, 48953, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1691, 195535, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '', '', 15595);

that should do the trick. let me know of the results!

poktor

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Dont to forget to buy a Monster! (Energy Drink)

And have fun :)

Haha, How did you guess ?
Monster Assault ! Good stuff :D

I'll go ahead and try the new query now. I'll let you know the results.
EDIT: OK, no errors. I'll go try the quest now and let you know.
EDIT2: Real Life(TM) business interfered, the quest will have to wait. I'll let you know when i have time again.

Last edited:

poktor

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Ok, i did the quest again, but no go. The piles still don't give skulls as loot. tried this with GM on and off. There's 2 buildings in Thunder Axe Fortress, both contain piles. I tried all the piles in both buildings, but none were lootable.

As a last resort, i tried adding a few skullpiles myself, using object id 195535 and guess what? These were lootable! I don't know why the other piles are not lootable, but this way i can finish the quest now. Thank you for your help anyway, Your query pointed me in the right direction. :)

EDIT: Ok, new problem. Now that i have the 100 skulls, I need to put them inside the summoning circle so Nazargen can arise. But the circle won't accept the skulls. Maybe there's something missing here too. Can you help me with this?

Last edited:

OMGhixD

Gold Supporter
Epic Member
Ok, i did the quest again, but no go. The piles still don't give skulls as loot. tried this with GM on and off. There's 2 buildings in Thunder Axe Fortress, both contain piles. I tried all the piles in both buildings, but none were lootable.

As a last resort, i tried adding a few skullpiles myself, using object id 195535 and guess what? These were lootable! I don't know why the other piles are not lootable, but this way i can finish the quest now. Thank you for your help anyway, Your query pointed me in the right direction. :)

EDIT: Ok, new problem. Now that i have the 100 skulls, I need to put them inside the summoning circle so Nazargen can arise. But the circle won't accept the skulls. Maybe there's something missing here too. Can you help me with this?

Perhaps the Gameobject isnt allowing the specified QuestItem1 ?

OMGhixD

Gold Supporter
Epic Member
Possible. But how do i change that?

Database - World - Gameobject_template

But im not entirely sure if that is the issue. sounds like its related to the script attached to the summoning circle

poktor

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Database - World - Gameobject_template

But im not entirely sure if that is the issue. sounds like its related to the script attached to the summoning circle

At wow-pro.com i found this:
A Putting Their Heads Together|QID|14364|PRE|14363|M|52.94,28.96|N|(UI Alert)|
l Bleached Skulls|QID|14364|ACTIVE|14364|L|48953 100|N|From piles around the compound.|
C Putting Their Heads Together|QID|14364|U|48953|M|54.96,26.68|N|Use the skulls at the center of the building, and kill Nazargen.|

From these lines, it looks like they're using a different object-id. Or are there different releases, using different object-id's for the same objects?

http://wow-pro.com/node/3313

OMGhixD

Gold Supporter
Epic Member
At wow-pro.com i found this:
A Putting Their Heads Together|QID|14364|PRE|14363|M|52.94,28.96|N|(UI Alert)|
l Bleached Skulls|QID|14364|ACTIVE|14364|L|48953 100|N|From piles around the compound.|
C Putting Their Heads Together|QID|14364|U|48953|M|54.96,26.68|N|Use the skulls at the center of the building, and kill Nazargen.|

From these lines, it looks like they're using a different object-id. Or are there different releases, using different object-id's for the same objects?

http://wow-pro.com/node/3313

That is difficult to say. |L|48953 Stand for LOOT : 48953, which is the appropriate item the object should give.

it is unclear of what is the OBJECT ID here. all it says is "Use the skulls at the center of the building, and kill Nazargen."

Which doesnt give us more information than we already know..

poktor

Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
That is difficult to say. |L|48953 Stand for LOOT : 48953, which is the appropriate item the object should give.

it is unclear of what is the OBJECT ID here. all it says is "Use the skulls at the center of the building, and kill Nazargen."

Which doesnt give us more information than we already know..

Guess you're right. Bummer... :(
Oh wel.. I'll have to wait for a fix then. Thanks for your time though.

OMGhixD

Gold Supporter
Epic Member
Guess you're right. Bummer... :(
Oh wel.. I'll have to wait for a fix then. Thanks for your time though.

Well atleast we have made the quest 50% more working. so thats 50% less work for the devs :)