Cannot stream required archive data.
Close

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Solved] Cannot stream required archive data.

Does this sound familiar to anyone here? All my clients suddenly have this error and won't load. I have 2 Mac clients and 1 Win7 client. All three "suddenly" generate this same error and won't load.

>> Cannot stream required archive data. Please check the network connection.

I googled this and tried the resultant suggestions, but they did not fix the problem.

It's curious to me, as I have realmlist on all clients set to local static LAN server IP:
    set realmlist 192.168.1.195
    set patchlist 192.168.1.195

This doesn't act like a network issue, no other lan issues except for this...

Any ideas? Are my clients broken maybe? Does Blizzard set an expiration date on client files? Haha... yikes!
    Last edited by Aescleal; 4 Days Ago at 04:35 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aescleal View Post
    Does this sound familiar to anyone here? All my clients suddenly have this error and won't load. I have 2 Mac clients and 1 Win7 client. All three "suddenly" generate this same error and won't load.

>> Cannot stream required archive data. Please check the network connection.

I googled this and tried the resultant suggestions, but they did not fix the problem.

It's curious to me, as I have realmlist on all clients set to local static LAN server IP:
    set realmlist 192.168.1.195
    set patchlist 192.168.1.195

This doesn't act like a network issue, no other lan issues except for this...

Any ideas? Are my clients broken maybe? Does Blizzard set an expiration date on client files? Haha... yikes!
    Try re-downloading the clients maybe? I haven't seen this error before.
    I don't think it's an "expiration date" on the clients. Maybe try the clients on a different pc if possible.

I would recommend having backups of each client so as to help against issues like these. I have all my clients, amongst other things, on an external hdd, whenever I need the client again I just take it off. If there's any issue, just delete the current one and copy it on to my pc again.
    Have a question? Look here!:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]
    If you're question isn't already there, feel free to [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ].

Want to donate and get VIP Access?
    Click [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]!

My Releases:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Quick Links:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Satan View Post
    Try re-downloading the clients maybe? I haven't seen this error before.
    I don't think it's an "expiration date" on the clients. Maybe try the clients on a different pc if possible.

I would recommend having backups of each client so as to help against issues like these. I have all my clients, amongst other things, on an external hdd, whenever I need the client again I just take it off. If there's any issue, just delete the current one and copy it on to my pc again.
    Hi thanks for the recommend. I do have both Mac and Windows client backups on my NAS, and I tried recopying to my primary Mac. Sadly, I get the same error with the 'new' copy as well.
    I simply can't connect to the server. Although... I haven't tried rebooting the physical server yet... But honestly, the client should load regardless of there being a server or not. I have reboot the clients though, and flushed dns. Maybe renew client IP. Maybe something in the client IP stacks are messed up; strange it would happen to all three clients at the same time though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aescleal View Post
    Hi thanks for the recommend. I do have both Mac and Windows client backups on my NAS, and I tried recopying to my primary Mac. Sadly, I get the same error with the 'new' copy as well.
    I simply can't connect to the server. Although... I haven't tried rebooting the physical server yet... But honestly, the client should load regardless of there being a server or not. I have reboot the clients though, and flushed dns. Maybe renew client IP. Maybe something in the client IP stacks are messed up; strange it would happen to all three clients at the same time though.
    Is there any way to try it on a new PC? It definitely shouldn't be related to the server, as long as it's only the client crashing before being able to log in.
    Is there any new update to your pc or drivers or new software you've installed on your pc recently? If no, then my only solutions would be:
    1) Try on a new pc, get a friend or someone if no other pc/laptop is available, just to troubleshoot if it's clients or PC related.
    2) Maybe set realmlist to 127.0.0.1 - Likely wont change anything but, troubleshooting I guess.
    3) Turn off all anti-virus. Firewall and regular AV. It's possible it's blocking something, or deleting something upon copying a new client, along with the original client. Turn off all AV, then copy a brand new copy of the client over to a new location, or just rename it to something else before copying it over.

If all else fails, then I would suggest attempting to get a new client. I don't think a new client would fix it considering all 3 clients have the error message now, but who knows. Maybe the AV, if thats the problem, deleting something in the original copies, if it has access to the originals.
    Have a question? Look here!:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]
    If you're question isn't already there, feel free to [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ].

Want to donate and get VIP Access?
    Click [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]!

My Releases:

Quick Links:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] | [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Paste your wow.mfil contents (if exist)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Satan View Post
    Is there any way to try it on a new PC? It definitely shouldn't be related to the server, as long as it's only the client crashing before being able to log in.
    Is there any new update to your pc or drivers or new software you've installed on your pc recently? If no, then my only solutions would be:
    1) Try on a new pc, get a friend or someone if no other pc/laptop is available, just to troubleshoot if it's clients or PC related.
    2) Maybe set realmlist to 127.0.0.1 - Likely wont change anything but, troubleshooting I guess.
    3) Turn off all anti-virus. Firewall and regular AV. It's possible it's blocking something, or deleting something upon copying a new client, along with the original client. Turn off all AV, then copy a brand new copy of the client over to a new location, or just rename it to something else before copying it over.

If all else fails, then I would suggest attempting to get a new client. I don't think a new client would fix it considering all 3 clients have the error message now, but who knows. Maybe the AV, if thats the problem, deleting something in the original copies, if it has access to the originals.
    Thanks Mr.S, somehow I got the Windows client working, I copied some but not all files from my backup client into my running copy. Something took. However, still same issue with Mac clients. It really must be a client issue, nothing has changed on server and since Windows is working again, the server is just running great as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
    Paste your wow.mfil contents (if exist)
    I'm actually surprised at what's inside this file. And it's different from Windows and Mac clients.

Mac:
    version=2
    server=akamai
    location=http://ak.worldofwarcraft.com.edgesuite.net/wow-pod-retail/EU/15050.direct/
    manifest_partial=wow-15595-0C3502F50D17376754B9E9CB0109F4C5.mfil

Windows:
    version=2
    server=akamai
    location=http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/wow-pod-retail/EU/15890.direct/
    server=limelight
    location=http://llnw.blizzard.com/wow-pod-retail/EU/15890.direct/
    manifest_partial=wow-16016-3C226D76BC5E6790A8BC58A1281295A8.mfil

Why would Windows be working now though, and not Mac?
    And can these be deleted and still the client work? (idea)
    -> nope, copying the Win7 version to Mac didn't change launching client, nor did deleting mfil and tfil
    Last edited by Aescleal; 6 Days Ago at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

seems blizz removed cata CDN, how sad, but it was only a matter of time.

MoP Still seems to be fine

Actually seems cata is still up at this cdn

replace your wow.mfil with this one

Code:
    version=2
    server=akamai
    	location=http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/wow-pod-retail/NA/15050.direct/
    server=limelight
    	location=http://llnw.blizzard.com/wow-pod-retail/NA/15050.direct/
    manifest_partial=wow-18414-447E3E618F731CCBF4F7D2C4E56C5644.mfil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it worked. I replaced the text of wow.mfil with this data, saved and ran, and still get same error.

Last login: Thu Jan 10 20:25:43 on ttys000
    Cracked-iMac:~ username$ /Users/username/Desktop/World\ of\ Warcraft\ -\ Cataclysm\ 4.3.4\ \(15595\)\ Mac/World\ of\ Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Warcraft
    New VideoCard: vendorID=0x8086 deviceID=0x1622
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
    /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
    archive Data/Cache/SoundCache-1.MPQ opened
    archive Data/Cache/SoundCache-2.MPQ opened
    archive Data/Cache/SoundCache-3.MPQ opened
    archive Data/Cache/SoundCache-0.MPQ opened
    archive Data/Cache/enGB/SoundCache-enGB.MPQ opened

... and that's when we get the msg popup.[Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also getting this error message. If I find a fix, I'll post it. :{

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    not sure about mac, but if your client is full client on windows you can remove wow.mfil check (ill post exe and how to do it urself later)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog